It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something real

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I try to listen to songs/music of the modern era, but when i come across lyrics like this from a role -model like Rihanna --z>

Work, work, work, work, work, work
He say me have to
Work, work, work, work, work, work!
He see me do me
Dirt, dirt, dirt, dirt, dirt, dirt!
So me put in
Work, work, work, work, work, work
When you all gon'?
Learn, learn, learn, learn, learn
Me no care if him
Hurt, hurt, hurt, hurt, hurting
Dry!... Me a desert him
(...)

it makes no sense, but its not just Rihanna. The whole show- business industry is parasitic, its a repeat pattern without a vision, without ideals, without anything..

The top floor in this industry, are they proud of their work? The legacy they are leaving? I would burn it and erase it from the history books, the biggest failure of artistic creation human kind has ever seen summarizes the 21th century and its beginning. Nothing, absolutely nothing that comes out of the "land of dreams" for the two latest decades is something you could even remotely be proud of, no imagination, no visions, nothing..

And then i come across something real;

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

Real musicians rarely make it because of the record industry requiring you to sell your soul for fame and wealth.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   
This whole issue with music seems seems to have become what it is in the last 5 or so years to me. I can't stand music, I only listen to it to calm my brain while at work. But it seems like everything and I mean everything is about finding a quick way out to become famous/wealthy.

Rock is no longer rock, it's like mainstream pop rock. Same goes with country. Rappers, what are those anymore? Music used to be something people could relate to, now everyone is just doing it for the fame, and it all sounds the same, yet it still draws people in. It boggles my mind, frustrating me at the same time. I get weird nostalgia when I listen to some stuff from my earlier years, and I'm only in my mid 20s. Saddening that we'll never get to experience music from the 90s and back ever again.

Sorry for the mini rant haha.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 05:50 AM
link   

The thing is, popular music is controlled by a group of old men in a big meeting deciding who should be popular "this year". Seriously.

Overall it has less to do with how talented you are, and more with how much money you can profit for the machine. But, if you're young, talented AND attractive, even better for you. It's disgusting. Also, to be fair, most pop artists have their songs written for them, lyrics and melodies and all. They're just the "voice".

It's amazing how few people in Hollywood are responsible for about 80% of all mainstream hits.
edit on 9 16 2016 by rickymiw because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 06:04 AM
link   
The beauty of greatest substance is below the surface. Be it the surface of the skin, or the street. Struggling street musicians are among the greatest artists I've met. Those in subways in particular in my experience.

Thanks for sharing that video.

Peace.
edit on 9/16/2016 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
The amount of REALLY GOOD music being made by FANTASTIC artists every day is beyond ridiculous. Once you start looking for it, it's almost impossible to run out of something good to listen. What happens is that people keep complaining about the bad quality of today's music, but don't really bother to try to find and support the real artists out there. Good music, with a few exceptions, is not to be found in the mainstream media, but the internet is abounding with musical gems.
Seek and you shall find.

That video was really good, by the way. Thanks for that.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Thanks for sharing!!! I love real music of all kinds, unadulterated by tech-noise. He's the real thing.

top topics

join