It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Police Are Our Friends

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I apologize cavscout but sometimes it is difficult to understand a buncha words on the screen because you cannot really tell one's feeling or emotions or how it is being said as what kind of tone they are using.You understand what I'm trying to say right?

Do you have a proposal on how to weed-out recruits who are trigger happy or those who are prone to panicking to the point where they cannot think on their feet??? Let's hear your proposal!!!

As for this I would propose to making the training really realistic.Somehow trick the recruits in thinking its real.Maybe send them along with some officers on a call and have it set up for a shoot out or something like that because in training they know its fake and they know that they arent really in a life or death situation just some simulation.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 07:04 AM
link   
ive owned a bar for over 9 years , i used to think that they were all good but they have intimidated lied, beat , use, threaten agreat many of law abiding citizens that i have personally witnessed.if we have a problem in the bar we will go to any length not to call them. my wife also works at our bar and they have tried to intimidate and harrass her. She is the closest thing to a saint that i have met. what kills me is if there s a cop who does something wrong they all try to cover it up, now if a citizen did that we would be considered an accompliss. right now state of ca is broke so now they will pick up a person leaving my saloon walking to their motel room which is (200 feet away) and areest them for public intoxification when all they were doing was trying to not to drivecuz they had too much too drink.We are not talking about totally polluted danger to themselves felons. they are people on vacation trying to be responsible . i was always taught to respect police cuz they are there to help you but theres so much corrupton and double sidedstandards that i cant even talk to my son about them , i dont have anything good to say.there are alot of things i dont know ,however i do know these things i write about because ive been there to personally see the way they behave and i would suggest that if your only contact with them has only been a few times in your life that youve encountered them i would diffently say you have no idea what you saying, and i really hope you dont see what ive seen them do and say, in this case, ignorance is blessed because if i have to call them its a last resort ,someone is going to die situation, everyone is considered guity before proven innocent and they really do believe that, no matter who you are.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drew Da General

Do you have a proposal on how to weed-out recruits who are trigger happy or those who are prone to panicking to the point where they cannot think on their feet??? Let's hear your proposal!!!
As for this I would propose to making the training really realistic.Somehow trick the recruits in thinking its real.Maybe send them along with some officers on a call and have it set up for a shoot out or something like that because in training they know its fake and they know that they arent really in a life or death situation just some simulation.

Whew, it would be tough to send all of the recruits on a call that they think is real -- and then have something "go wrong" (simulated) to test their reactions. We would have to somehow exchange their real bullets for blanks (without them knowing it). Also, if you have an academy class of over 100 recruits, it would be difficult to do this feat on each and every one of them.

But we do have FATS technology that tries to simulate the real thing. That would be more cost effective then trying to trick a recruit into believing that a call is real when it is, in actuality, fake.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Question: How easy, (relatively) is it to become a police officer? (I've seen some incredibly"special" people achieve their goal of being an officer).

Also, I find some of the policemen/women I have encountered, absolutely laughable and find myself horrified when questioning whether or not becoming a policeperson is so easy as to be achieved by the common blundering imbecile. This certainly seems to be the case.

I apologize for the insulting tone of this post, as I know there are excellent people as well as incompetents who "protect and serve".
Curses on those who abuse their powers over the populace, let them be humiliated on the day they realize their crime.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Most people are selfish. this goes for cops too. And for that reason i dont trust the police, the narcotics officers or any other law enforcement. sometimes "doing their job" will get you into jail. i don't hate the cops, but i just dont trust them or their agenda.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   
TO protect and to serve,

that is the motto you see on their cars and often on patches on their uniforms. This isn't the case anymore however, protect and serve has turned into fill ticket quotas and arrest drug users.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by me again
Anyways, can I hear an amen for the police???

No amen from me. The police are not my friends. They took away my ATS, and I still haven´t got it back. Maybe I´ll get it back within a few days. I´m writing this from work. I can´t even use my phone, I have to use a cellphone...

ATS: Police Pulled The Plug On My ATS

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Low pay, high probability of injury. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what caliber of people you are going to get on a force. Helpful, when they have to be. Friends as others have stated - if they are actually your friend. Get each other off for the same things they toss us in the can for - yup, and their goes my respect for most of them out the window and BTW none are my friends....

Firefighters - totally different story there....

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Corrupt, Indecent, and Fabrication Artists, is how I would sum it up..
through personal experience of course. ie ... Once upon a time I was an employee of the Dept of Homeland Security, believe it or not, while a current employee, I was wrongly arrested on a double felony and misdemeanor warrant (at my home) by local law enforcement. Believe it or not. My case was dismissed nearly a year later, lack of evidence, etc, etc, etc...It was all bull#.

I am still in limbo about pursuing legal action.

P.S. For clarification me being Homeland Security and getting arrested, I am just saying my background was obviously clear. To get the job in the first place. Yet I was told there was a warrant issued years prior to me getting the Homeland Security position

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 12:10 AM
link   
1986 Me: "I was in a fight" after being told by cops to report to the police station
Cop: "So what? Did you come here to brag?"

Two weeks later
Me: "I was followed to and jumped at the movie theatre by this guy, that guy, this one, that one, the other one and this other guy" All juveniles who live within three blocks of this police station.
Cop: "Return to the town where it happened and report the crime there"

1989 New Jersey "Don't move or I'll blow your F--k-n brains out!" -- my six seeds, bought that cop a new semi-automatic weapon he NEVER had to use. He now owns four huge houses in this town, low pay huh? He must be a financial wizard to buy four houses on a cops salary.

1990 Me: "So what happened in court"
Girlfriend "I called my ex boyfriend the cop and he called the arresting officer and they dropped the charges"

If you suck their glans they may get you off in return.

1992 Me: "My brother's girlfriend was just jumped by six guys outside the store, about ten minutes ago"
Cop: "If you can't give us the name and address of the attackers, then you can't file a complaint"

1993 New Jersey Police Officer "Life is a pound of weed"

1995 New Orleans Police Officer "You know you can make alot of money selling weed"

1995 New Oreleans Held up at gun point in a conveinance store, the police A) didn't show up for 20 minutes B) continued to take my statement while the store 3 blocks away got robbed by the same guys.

1999 Athens Georgia after being attacked by three nut cases, one of them was shot by someone driving by my house and witnessing the carnage, the police made no arrests, the three crazies were back on my lawn throwing rocks through my neighbors windows four days later.

2000 My old next door neighbor is a cop (we used to play guns as kids), he says "After being on the force ten years I can tell you, the drug laws aren't about helping people, its about making money, and thats all that its about."

2001 Closing up the shop at 3AM I accidentally set the alarm off in the building by pressing the wrong keys on the security, the alarm blares for an hour, no police arrive.

2003 Me: "Some people just left the bar next door, they drove their car off the road, over the sidewalk and just missed going into the river by hitting a tree, their out their looking at their car now, its still half way over the embankment"

Cops let them go.

Yeah cops..they serve and protect about as well as a doughnut.

F' the Police!

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yxboom

Originally posted by SkipShipman
I agree "The Police are our friends," the question is when?

Given unfriendly "procedures," and "training," you will be hard pressed in a bad situation to find a thinking policeman, one who apprises your situation, overcomes his reflexive and trained instincts, and becomes a community based policeman instead. Think of a finding a friendly policeman as somewhat like winning roulette maybe, and if he has a "bad cop," partner like getting a visit from Ed McMahon telling you that you are set for life.

How is it that you consider the "procedures" and "training" of the police to be unfriendly? If a cop tells me to "move along," then I do exactly that!!! If I'm told to turn around and place my hands behind my back because I'm under arrest, then I do exactly that!!! It's only when people begin to "resist" that they start to run into problems.

If you disagree with an officer, there is a proper time and a place to address your concerns, but persistenly arguing with him in the street is not necessarily the best time and place. The proper place to appeal the officer's decision is either in front of a judge or in front of the officer's supervisor -- both at a later time.

...So what you're sayin is that you'll do whatever the cop tells you to do without question?Sorry but you have the right to know if and for what you are being arrested for prior to being arrested.If you are caught in the act of doing something illegal is one thing but if you are on the street with your friends doing nothing wrong (no peace disturbance,fighting,drinking in public etc.etc.)then anything that the officer ask or tells you to do he must give a reason for it.He can't just come up and tell you to leave or arrest you without a reasonable cause or explaination at least not here where I live.nine times out of ten if a cop shows up he/she was most likely called to that location for a reason. If an officer tries to arrest you ask him what for(politely attitude will get you nowhere).If they don't give you an answer that suits you then it's up to you to either run,fight,or just be weak and let them arrest you and take your chances in court.Sorry but if I didn't do anything wrong you're not taking me or making me go anywhere.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simon_Boudreaux
If they don't give you an answer that suits you then it's up to you to either run,fight,or just be weak and let them arrest you and take your chances in court.Sorry but if I didn't do anything wrong you're not taking me or making me go anywhere.

Run or Fight?...thats the problem right there...why would a so called innocent person fight?...or run?...all a cop need to make an arrest is probable cause that a crime or violation has been, or is being committed (in some cases about to be)....probable cause = 51% that the person guilty...your not automatically guilty when arrested...thats why we have courts...but when you run...fight...that cops % just went up...because normal....law abiding people dont run or fight...

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by BasementAddix

If they don't give you an answer that suits you then it's up to you to either run,fight,or just be weak and let them arrest you and take your chances in court.Sorry but if I didn't do anything wrong you're not taking me or making me go anywhere.

Run or Fight?...thats the problem right there...why would a so called innocent person fight?...or run?...all a cop need to make an arrest is probable cause that a crime or violation has been, or is being committed (in some cases about to be)....probable cause = 51% that the person guilty...your not automatically guilty when arrested...thats why we have courts...but when you run...fight...that cops % just went up...because normal....law abiding people dont run or fight...

That may well be but I will not be arrested for something I didn't do. Law abiding citizens do in fact run because they are scared or they don't want to be arrested and have to find bail money to get out of jail,and then find money for a lawyer,when it comes out that they are in fact innocent you think it matters?Gee sorry boss I can't make it to work I've been arrested for such an such an oh btw i'll need this day an this day off to go to court to try an prove i didn't do it.Even if you are proven innocent in other people's eye you'll always be suspicious.I know from experience!

And as for courts sorry but our courts are a joke...you are guilty until you can prove your innocent and if you can't prove you didn't do it then well you must be guilty right?Tell that to the people that have spent a good deal of their lives behind bars only to be freed because somebody screwed up or didn't fork up evidence at the time to prove the person's innocence.

So yes You try to arrest me because you say you have probable cause that I MIGHT do something..you better pull your gun or tazer buddy cuz you aren't gettin those cuffs on me without a fight.Your uniform and badge mean only one thing to me...... Trouble.
I've lost alot of money in bail and court fees and spent three years fighting the charges for something some other A$$hole did and I'll be damned if I go through it again.

Cops get away with so much because of probable cause that it's down right frightening.

[edit on 11-3-2005 by Simon_Boudreaux]

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 06:07 AM
link   

That may well be but I will not be arrested for something I didn't do. Law abiding citizens do in fact run because they are scared or they don't want to be arrested and have to find bail money to get out of jail,and then find money for a lawyer,when it comes out that they are in fact innocent you think it matters?
And as for courts sorry but our courts are a joke...you are guilty until you can prove your innocent and if you can't prove you didn't do it then well you must be guilty right?Tell that to the people that have spent a good deal of their lives behind bars only to be freed because somebody screwed up or didn't fork up evidence at the time to prove the person's innocence.

You dont seem to know very much about the legal system...about 5-10% of those arrested actually see jail time...thats a fact...but that has nothing to do with innocence...its all about the over crowded jails...so odds are...if your in jail...your VERY guilty...with very few exceptions....and law abiding citizens dont run...ive worked with the PD for 5 years...take my word for it...if you run...odds are...your guilty of something else...

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Well I'm a professional making a great living here in New Jersey and practically everyone that I know hates cops. They do have a bad attitude. The majority of cops were the cool, popular, bully in high school. After high school all their friends go away to college, they become cops so they can keep bullying people and be in a position of power. They certainly ALL are on a huge power trip, if I've ever seen one. Cops are the definition of power trip! What other career is worse when it comes to inflating someones head full of hot air? Tell me.

To make matters worse, cops are the biggest hypocrites. A good number of them uses steroids. Fact. Steroids are a huge problem in our society that mostly goes unnoticed. That ripped guy with huge abs and biceps at the beach? Roids. Same thing with that ginormous cop with biceps about to rip out his shirt. Anyway how can cops go abusing a substance and then go arrest someone else for it? How can they speed for no reason at all and then pull someone else over? Cops turn on their lights all the time to go through red lights or avoid traffic, JUST BECAUSE THEY CAN. And it's BS!

That keg they confiscated from the high school party? It's back at the station being guzzled down by some cops in the back that nobody in the public will see. That MJ they got from an illegal search at that guys apartment? Their smoking it at home after they get off work or giving it to another cop in exchange for a 20. Meanwhile the cute girl that has a good crying act gets let off the hook.

I'm really curious why it never seems cops are going after the real bad guys. Instead they spend their day pulling over speeders, people who didn't use turn signals or didn't come to complete stops. Then they treat us like criminals. They should really be out arresting drug dealers, doing some undercover work, or something constructive.

I'll never forget the day a few years back when I was with a friend in my car, waiting in a church parking lot for our friend who lived across the street. So there we are, the only car in a church parking lot when a cop rolls up. Next thing I know he is making us get out of the car and is frisking us! What did we do wrong? Then he tells me that he must search my trunk for "hand grenades". That's what he said. He never even asked if we had a gun.. he said something along the lines of "You don't have any hand grenades in your car, do you?". I almost wanted to laugh because it was ridiculous but he was serious. Anyway having nothing to hide, I gladly got frisked and let him search my car. It doesn't stop the fact that this was completely uncalled for, and probably a violation of our rights, and a complete waste of time.

Also whats up with cops having to meet quotas? You better be careful the last week of the month because thats the week they all start pulling people over and making arrests, so they can make their quotas. I guess they have a certain number of arrests for hand grenades that they must make each month.

BTW one of my best friends father was the head cop in a town near here. He just got arrested last week for accepting cash bribes and numerous other cash deals. They are all corrupt and I can bet you that 99% of cops make extra cash income that they don't report. Whether its accepting cash bribes or arresting that drug dealer and stealing half his wad of cash, they are ALL GUILTY.

[edit on 11-3-2005 by njspeed]

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Cops are like big guys. Some are roid junkies always trying to prove they're a big man while some are the big friendly giants looking out for the little guy.

My favorite quote I've received from a cop?
"See this badge? It means I can do whatever I want"

To which I responded "You can't get respect"

But hey, without the police system there would be a lot of people unable to cope with their school bullying.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by BasementAddix

That may well be but I will not be arrested for something I didn't do. Law abiding citizens do in fact run because they are scared or they don't want to be arrested and have to find bail money to get out of jail,and then find money for a lawyer,when it comes out that they are in fact innocent you think it matters?

You dont seem to know very much about the legal system...about 5-10% of those arrested actually see jail time...thats a fact...but that has nothing to do with innocence...its all about the over crowded jails...so odds are...if your in jail...your VERY guilty...with very few exceptions....and law abiding citizens dont run...ive worked with the PD for 5 years...take my word for it...if you run...odds are...your guilty of something else...

then being a cop you of all people should know that innocent people do in fact run because they are scared of being labeled a criminal or being harrassed because they were in an area where something happpened.And being a cop you are automatically going to defend yourself and other cops against people saying anything bad about police.I know several cops and have known cop families...I even have a brother in law enforcement of sorts and I know peeps in the court systems so yes I do know something about our legal system,and have witnessed first hand how far cops and courts will go to cover up their mistakes...And considering your background I can't take your word for nothing you're trained to consider every person you talk to while on duty as guilty or suspicious...maybe when you are on the other end of the stick you'll wake up.You may be a good cop I don't know you so I can't say whether you're a good cop or bad cop,but I would lay money down that you know secrets about your fellow officers that could get them in trouble or know of things they've done that would get a regular citizen locked up.I haven't met a cop yet that hasn't gotten away with something.If you have gone through an seen the things I have you would understand my animosity towards law enforcement,so please don't think that my words are directed at you for there are good cops,but for every good cop it seems like there are two crooked ones IMO.

The two detectives in New York that were just arrested for being hitmen for the mob is a prime example of just what kind of people become cops,and what cops become.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   

And considering your background I can't take your word for nothing you're trained to consider every person you talk to while on duty as guilty or suspicious.

Ummm... of course they are, this is how they stay alive. See, when a person is willing to shoot and kill you over a 50$ speeding ticket, you don't take any chances. You never know if someone's armed these days, and almost everyone is hostile. You act like a punk, you get treated like a punk. That's how it works. next time, don't run, maybe stay and talk. Respect gets you places.

DE

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx

And considering your background I can't take your word for nothing you're trained to consider every person you talk to while on duty as guilty or suspicious.

Ummm... of course they are, this is how they stay alive. See, when a person is willing to shoot and kill you over a 50$ speeding ticket, you don't take any chances. You never know if someone's armed these days, and almost everyone is hostile. You act like a punk, you get treated like a punk. That's how it works. next time, don't run, maybe stay and talk. Respect gets you places.

DE

Then it should be the same for citizens..we should be treated with respect not like we are a criminal.How would cops like it if we started pulling them over and using intimidation tactics on them?How would they like it to be made to feel like they are nothing more than a common criminal?They wouldn't stand for it.The citizens would be tazed or pepper sprayed or even shot.As for respect I only give respect if it's given to me..same applies to cops you treat me like a punk and I'll do the same to you.But see it doesn't work that way...cops expect you to show them respect no matter what the situation and if you don't well then you're disorderly and beligerent .If your job makes you that nervous that you go under the assumption every stop you make there's a gun toting nut behind the wheel then you need a new profession.

And if you sit and look at how many posts on this thread have something negative to say about cops or have had a bad run in with more than one cop or have been intimidated by cops it far out numbers the few of you that are most likely cops or related to cops that are defending the way they act...It goes back to the training of thinking everyone is guilty or suspicious....but if citizens say the same of cops we are wrong and criticized for our opinions.And the getting shot over a $50 ticket,ever think that maybe if cops treated people like people they wouldn't have to worry about their lives being in danger so much?

[edit on 12-3-2005 by Simon_Boudreaux]

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 03:45 AM
link   
OK, so I am at work the other day for an unnamed agency and I have a guy in custody that just beat the crap out of an off duty officer. A ranking officer roles up, asks if I am sure he did it, and I say yes. I also tell him the guy did it because he caught the cop with his wife, and the wife confirmed this to me. Ranking officer walks up to the guy (who is sitting, not talking, not moving, in handcuffs and recovering from OC spray that I had to hit him with) and yells "Stop resisting" the guy doesn’t even look up, so he yells it again, "stop resisting!" and proceeds to taz the guy.

I was just trying to figure out why he did it, and the other guys there are laughing about how "they always piss themselves if they aren’t expecting it."

Pathetic, however I suppose I should be fair and add that I didn’t turn the ranking officer in, although I didn’t have the guy transported to jail, just issued him a summons in lieu of arrest (a ticket.)

P.S. You want to talk about tax money wasted on an un-enforceable law? 9 times of 10 if you get caught with a small crack rock or pipe, you don’t go to jail or even get issued a summons. Normally (if you aren’t wanted and there are not many priors for the same offence) you will told to smash your rock and step on your pipe. Just depends on how much the officer you are dealing with needs some extra cash. Here in Vegas, if you get summoned to court for something the officer has to be there for, that officer gets extra money for the inconvenience of showing up for a court date that they pressed.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join