It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Police Are Our Friends

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   

The bottom line is that most people become police officers because its the best job they can get and it well help them move out of their parent's basement. It's funny that I need a college degree to make 27k pushing papers around, but not one to be a cop.

I partly disagree, As far as brains go, I must admit I've met some REAL smart cops. Yes, as well as a few Damn fine ones, I think the FBI requires a Masters Degree before they will talk to you.

It takes a certain mentality to be a cop.
First you must have been abused as a kid, then you must desire to retaliate against people like that. And foremost, you must be a coward. Using blinking lights and firearms as substitutes for masculine genetalia. They must escalate things because they don't have the guts to handle things without escalating things.

Every one concidering a career in Law enforcement should be required to spend 1-2 years as a guard in a prison, (Prison, not pre-release, or workcamp a REAL Prison). When you gotta radio the warden for permission to use Spray on a prisioner and he can't be found.

I'm not Anti-Cop, I'm anti-NAZI Cop, Anti-A$$h0l3 Cop
Cops don't seem to understand they are Really Hired Guns. Their job is to protect the public. They have no business sticking their noses into Private matters unless called in. (Dispite Laws to the Contrary). Yelling can clear the air and should not require cops comming for a domestic disturbance - it's BS.

(What do you tell a broad with two black eyes? Nothing ya told her twice and she didn't listen)

Yo Officer your Guns leaking...
The British cops, don't cary guns, they don't need to - they have guts.

I Haven't met one in close to 20 years that would "Take off the shield" and be wiling to step into a parking lot to settle things - Just the two of us, nose to nose, no intervention.

[edit on 4/10/2005 by dancer]

[edit on 4/10/2005 by dancer]

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I saw some of the news coverage of the NJ Hostage thing on TV.

I haven't seen the out come, only heard a retires Negotiator talk about the way they were doing things...

Hat's off to those guys, That's the way it should be handled.
Stay at at distance, wait for things to cool down with the presence seen - but not felt, and allow things to unfold. Job done Very well.

Sure, I know that all situations are not like this one, nor are they all cut and dried. However, it is my hope that the Boys in Blue use this type of tactic in place of the Gestapo tactics they tend to use here...

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Wake up and smell the donuts and coffee.

Imo, Most cops are on a power trip and went in because they wanted to be "more" important than anyone else.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Coppers are in the world to help lend a hand to people doing wrong things. Personally, I have no feelings either way as far as having an attitude towards them. They are people just like you and I. I'm sure they go home everyday and inbibe with a few cold ones and chill out. I do not think you could pay me enoungh to to do their jobs. They work under some of the most unfavorable environmental conditions to get their jobs done. Areound here, they are pretty fair but if you screw-up they will nail you to a cross.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I assume that the majority of us need the police for protection from the real criminals.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 10:32 PM
link   
noosnomrm:
I agree. As with everything, I'm sure this view does not represent a good proportion of the police force. However in my experience, especially on the road, the cops are seemingly only interested in meeting their arrest quota, looking for any excuse to make an arrest and letting everyone know that they are above the law. I'm sure they do a lot of good, but I see much about them that I despise.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   
If there is a single redemptive factor about the law (aka cops) I've not seen it yet....

they didn't protect me when I was abused as a child

they only managed to arrest me on trumped and entirelly libel worthy charges as an adult.

THEY ARE THUGS SUPPORTING A REGIME BEYOND THE PALE. Bottom Line is this, by any definition I am a criminal, but I would never stoop so low as to strap on a badge these days. because they violate rights wholesale and cater to an illegal and immoral agenda.

edit: ANy honor there was in being a police officer was abandoned the same day protect and serve was abandoned for arbitrary statutes that some "august body" decided in the name of "judicial fairness" that still goes to the highest bidder.,... IF you expect me to do anything but spit on the nearest cop you are as shortsighted and blind as they are and prolly passed the GED just behind their mediocre scores.

I am sorry but this is my opinion you won't sway me or dissuade me.... I spent time being falselly accused and didn't retaliate, that was my sole surrender to the powers that be. After their one so called "mistake" I am not inclined to give them a millimeter let alone the mile they ask.

Call me whatever you wish because of this, but in the end I've experienced the hand of modern "justice", or injustice as it were. and I have no more stomach heart or patience to suffer anymore of it's blind and grasping incompetence.

So ask me to support anyone with the gall to put on a badge these days and I'll say not only no but hell NO!!!

need I remind you that many put on the SS lightning bolts in the name of law? are we that stupid that 50 years in any way blunts the knowledge that injustice can masquerade behind a noble cause? are we that jaded as to truly believe we've changed?

[edit on 24-2-2006 by Sugarlump]

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
The police have never helped me and I have mostly disdain for the individuals who take that profession.

I was in the back of a cop car for a ridiculous reason and as soon as I was in the confines of the back seat the other cop started to search my car with no justification. I started making a fuss in the back seat about warrants and the cop kept on using the word "maybe" and asked if I was getting a law degree, I told him I had no interest in words like "maybe", I had interest in warrants. Later I found out that he just reached his hand into my friends pockets and started searching him as well.

One of the zaniest bastards I know from college became a cop from what I hear, I have not seen him since college and am curious about seeing him again. Images of the police academy movies come to mind.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by me again

No. No amen.

Police stopped being admirable or respectable a long time ago. It's a new era of policing and they're not "our friends" or "protectors."

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join