It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a contractor working in a VA hospital.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Kazber

Thanks for the inside look. I believe it. They stun the Vets with lots of prescription meds in the hopes that will 'fix' them.

When they run out or can't renew their scrips anymore they go looking on the street for something to tide them over.

Real piss poor handling of the situation. What they expect? Some of these guys have several tours of duty in combat zones, seen horrific stuff.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

First...I did read the op!
Second,a lot of businesses are using peoples' internet usage against them.
example...anything you post on facebook,twitter...can be used against you!
Our U.S. constitution is being destroyed and it is just a matter of time
before we lose ALL of our rights.

My husband retired from the VA just over a year ago.Publicly posting anything
that happened at any VA anywhere in the country isn't going to do the vets
any good.Any "dirt" about the VA would have to come from someone NOT employed
by them.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck

originally posted by: mamabeth

I would be careful what you post here or anywhere else on the internet about
the VA.You could possibly lose your job,your insurance and pension.

Second, unless his employer has specific rules regarding internet use while not on the clock, he can say what he wants.It's called the First Amendment, freedom of speech.

You speak as if you understand the first amendment and freedom of speech, but what you say proves you do not. The ONLY thing the First Amendment does in regards to "freedom of speech" is enjoin the US Government, and ONLY the US Government, from interfering with your speech in a public forum, and ONLY in a public forum. States usually have a similar passage in their own constitutions, so this usually applies to state government as well.

ATS in not a public forum; it's private. Further, employers may have rules in place that restrict your speech about employer matters, whether or not you are working or off duty. People have been fired for what they say about their employers on Facebook. People have been refused employment (and Security clearances) based on how they portray themselves on Facebook. So don't be so quick to invoke freedom of speech issues here; it's far more complex than that and only OP is in a position to judge the issue.

Having said that, I see nothing the OP has said that is anything more than common knowledge that anyone would see if they walked through a VA Clinic. He has no particular knowledge of the treatment given to vets, the nature of the drugs in these bags, or anything else of medical significance. Besides which, all that stuff is covered under HIPAA rules (Health Information Portability and Accountability Act) which is basically a privacy act that prevents the dissemination of your medical issues. THAT'S why you have to stand a few feet back from the counter when someone else is talking to a medical pro about their condition.

OP is really out of the loop. It's like saying, "I shop at Safeway three times a week. Ask me anything."
edit on 9/15/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkmadness
I work in a building, ask me stuff.
Does your building have stuff?

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: LibertyPD32

No, no stuff at all.

I can build a hospital from the ground up. I have saved people life. I've worked very hard to get to where I am. Most people that have my job, went to college for some time.

But on here because I'm not qualified to write a novel, I'm not allowed to have an opinion.

I am a very smart person, but my head does not work like everyone else. I see lots of people on here that are scared to give an opinion because they might misspell or use "there" in the wrong context.

ALBERT EINSTEIN even had limitations.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Hmm there was a bomb threat at my local VA about a month or two ago Lebanon VA Medical Center. I really do hope they catch the asshole that made all them sick and elderly war vets get wheeled pit of their rooms in a rush.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Don't need to ask you, I've been a patient there for many a years. I am about to get to see my primary caregiver for the first time next March (jk). I am on my 4th primary caregiver in the last 2 yrs though.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Second,a lot of businesses are using peoples' internet usage against them. example...anything you post on facebook,twitter...can be used against you! Our U.S. constitution is being destroyed and it is just a matter of time before we lose ALL of our rights.

what does the one have to do with the other?

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kazber
Sorry it took so long to reply. But from coming to the VA everyday for about 6 months now. The place is more like a hang out than a actual hospital. Armed guards at every entrance. Most of the people that are coming for the ER are people coming in for drug abuse. But only a short walk from the ER is the closed in pharmacy where VETs are walking out with bags full of meds and then falling asleep on the chairs. There is a rule here that if you get caught sleeping you get kicked out. (because most of the time they are not sleeping but nodding out).

I can tell you that there is a big street drug problem here from all the heroin bags i see on the ground. The gaurds care and some of the staff seem to care but the doctors here sprint from door to door trying to avoid the people. I see most of the same people here everyday, as I said its more of a hang out.

Oh and they have a starbucks!

I also go to the VA and i have NEVER seen any of the things you have listed.

I have never seen armed guards at the entrances but i have seen VA police officers. and they are federal police officers.

Most of the people that are coming for the ER are people coming in for drug abuse.

BS as the VA does not pass out narcodics like candy in fact many of us that have chronic pain conditions are not able to get the pain meds we need.
and those who do are drug tested monthly for outside pain meds like MJ and non proscribed meds that they may have got from the streets.

There is a rule here that if you get caught sleeping you get kicked out.

Only rarely have i seen anyone kicked out for sleeping and a most only after they were found not to have a VA card or appointment and were non veteran bums just hiding out on VA property.

At the VA i go to there are a number of us that travel over 200 miles and have to get up at 2 or 3 in the morning just to get to appointments.
and yes i have fallen asleep while waiting to be called.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

I 'm seeing the head of Psychiatry and haven't killed anyone yet.
I quit Colo Spings as they were pushing SSRI meds and pissing me off.
The Main care takes months,between ,but I GUESS we can use any emergency in Springs.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Hey OP person.
HERES a question WHY can't they test anyone for DU toxicity or pyridostigmine issues?
We had a NASTY Adjuvant from an experimental Anthrax shot,but somehow, all of these are met with glassy eyed absence when spoke of.
edit on 15-9-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkmadness
I work in a building, ask me stuff.

lol

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   

I see lots of people on here that are scared to give an opinion because they might misspell or use "there" in the wrong context.

You are under no obligation to take on board what other people think, if someone has nothing better to do than criticize your spelling you have the right to ignore them .....

We all have opinions and you can guarantee whatever opinion you have there will be someone whom disagrees....

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Darkmadness

As opposed to working outside?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join