It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best American President and Why?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I recently vacationed in the US (Florida) with the family, whilst in Disney the kids went to watch a parade so I popped into the hall of Presidents to watch the show. As it happens it was quite full with lots of Americans. It was interesting that as the various presidents from history came under the spotlight and their CV read out different parts of the audience clapped different presidents. Kennedy got a good round of applause as expected, Reagan got virtually a standing ovation. Both Bush's got hardly any response and Clinton seemed to go down well. From a UK perspective I didn't think Reagan was such a big deal although he was close to Thatcher. So American cousins whose your favourite and why!

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Any of the ones with any amount of intestinal fortitude . (i.e the exact opposite of the wimp we have now) Say Kennedy. If the Cuban Missile Crisis was to happen today , our President would offer the Russians Puerto Rico as well
Or maybe Florida too

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Martin Van Buren. He was born and died about 20 minutes from my hometown, he was the only US president to speak English as a second language and most importantly he played a pivotal role in an episode of The Adventures of Pete and Pete.

Marshmallow Van Buren lodged in little Pete's nose.

Oh also, totally bitchin' mutton chops combined with a bald-mullet.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: redchad

Me. I come from an alternative timeline in which I was the President, but the Mandela Effect ruined it all.

Seriously though: I think Lincoln was pretty decent.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Yeah-you'd have to go back to the Founding Fathers who became presidents to find any intestinal fortitude-with integrity.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Ike!

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Washington and Jefferson. They were the only decent Presidents.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   
The dead ones that don't take up all the T.V. time.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Andrew Jackson.

He did everything within his power to stop the creation of a private, for-profit central bank whose goal was to control the economy of the United States.

He did such a good job that it took almost 80 years for the foreign banksters to establish the "Federal" "Reserve".

Not a POTUS (obviously) but Ron Paul is one of the greatest people alive (and to have lived) in or out of government.

edit on 15-9-2016 by gladtobehere because: added pics

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   
JFK. The last presider to stand up to the dark forces growing in this country after WWII.
He and his brother went after the Mafia, JFK sabotaged the CIAs plans in Cuba, resisted the warmongers again preventing invasion and a wider war wth Russia during the Cuban Missile Crisis, resisted wider expansion in Vietnam championed civil rights movement, intervening directly more than once. And deflected away from building more ICBMs to go to the moon.

He was doing such a good job they killed him, and later his brother, too (for also coming out against the Vietnam war).

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Those leaders whom spoke more truth than lies, exposed even those liars whom seek to use leadership class as a tool to control the very ppl. Is there president whom did this or at least tried to do so? All i know from American presidents JKF whom have tried something like this and those ppl behind the whip, shot him dead in front of whole world, like a message to rest of the leaders whom dares to try such a thing.

LE:

intrptr: Did not even know some of those deeds, they really tried to make America great, that could have been huge turning point, if they succeed, perhaps we still have a change since they did expose em, at least it is still in progress, world is changing and one could see the direct connection to all that what they did as leaders. Truth has such power!
edit on 15-9-2016 by romilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   

It's ironic, because looking back, the Reagan administration, hand in hand with that arch bitch Thatcher (may darkness consume her soul for all eternity) ruined many lives and set in motion the events which culminated in the cluster bang we are living in today.

Personally, I wish the guy that shot him had gone for the headshot. Better him go out that way than Kennedy, God rest his soul.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Thomas Jefferson. The most philosophical president. I great mind who had a large part in designing the country.

Followed by Kennedy who tried to keep special interest from completely over running congress. His specches were incredibly powerfull and empowering.

The guy was brave enough to prosecute and ruffle so many feathers nobod knows who killed him because he fought against so many tyrants in the amercian society.

Its incredible people love Reagan. The guy was as bad as the clintons. He lied on oath 126 times ("i dont recall) and his administration was literally caught selling weapons to Iran to frew hostages in Lebanon, then used the money to fund a rebel group in central america. The same people hating obama for giving Iran money love Reagan even though he did the same stuff or worse.
edit on 15-9-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
It's ironic, because looking back, the Reagan administration, hand in hand with that arch bitch Thatcher (may darkness consume her soul for all eternity) ruined many lives and set in motion the events which culminated in the cluster bang we are living in today.

Personally, I wish the guy that shot him had gone for the headshot. Better him go out that way than Kennedy, God rest his soul.

Kennedy and Reagan's main foreign and domestic policies were identical; strict anti-Communist/Soviet Union stances and pro-tax cut.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Not at all my friend. Sure very vaguely those words are the same. In practice not at all. Reagan had no problem using the cia. Take Iran in general. Kennedy was played a little by the shah but he also was keeping him at bay from getting too crazy while also dealing with Israel basically holding him ransom. Once Nixon took over Iran went nuts because the shah just went crazy gifting himself treasures and runnimg the economy into the ground.

You could say the sentence you used was accurate but how they innactes policy wasnt remotely similar.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Kennedy was no saint, he used every resource available, same as Reagan and pretty much every other President.

Hell, Kennedy approved the CIA led Bay of Pigs invasion and was pissed when it failed. There is a litany of covert CIA operations across the globe authorized by Kennedy.

edit on 15-9-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

He was no saint he had hawkish foreign policy. But, he certainly was far different from Reagan in how he carried out foriegn policy as well as domestic policy.

There are no saints anyway. I am not superstitious.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
But, he certainly was far different from Reagan in how he carried out foriegn policy as well as domestic policy.

The main difference you cited, the CIA, is not accurate. What else was allegedly different?

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Well for starters their domestic policy is very different. Individual rights, economics, and social policies all very different. From healthcare, abortion, and yes monetary policy all very different. Taxation is a broad and vague subject..

You can readily go to comparison charts. The closest they come will be overlying foriegn policy which is the same for every president since the cia became the leading foriegn policy player. The restraint of the cia is the only effect a president has. And that is limited.

And no the cia used was not remotely the same. The cia has steadily gained more political infuence since its inception and all the research they did on psychology. So by Reagan a lot more money and programs had been created for the cia.

Its far too long to get into specifics but lets put it like this Reagan used the cia for subversive or illegal uses at a rate 5-8x more, and actually used them to deal as in make deals with declared enemies and was caught doing it.
edit on 15-9-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
Well for starters their domestic policy is very different. Individual rights, economics, and social policies all very different. From healthcare, abortion, and yes monetary policy all very different. Taxation is a broad and vague subject..

I said their main domestic policy which was tax cuts, that would be economic. Keendy appointed Justice White to the Supreme Court who wrote the dissent in Roe v. Wade, additionally, abortion was not the hot button topic it is today.

You are attributing aspects to Kennedy which did not exist.

And no the cia used was not remotely the same.

Kennedy created the blueprint for the CIA's covert use for foreign policy, this is not open for dispute. You really need to stop your attempts at historical revision. He had them in every corner of the globe further United States agendas.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join