It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Artificial Tower (Spire) Spotted On The Moon?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I realize that there have been many threads discussing anomalies on the moon (and mars), but I didn't see anything that was posted in regards to this strange picture that was recently published by another alternate news site on September 12. It was taken by the Lunar Orbiter 1, between August 18-29, 1966.

www.thedailysheeple.com...
Let us go back a little in time concerning another Tower found on the moon:
Back on February 9, 2016, The Huffington Post wrote an article concerning an artificial tower located on the moon, that was reported by UFO Sightings Daily. UFO Sightings Daily said this "structure" was discovered using Google Earth-Moon on January 2016.
UFO Sightings Daily article on Tower:
www.ufosightingsdaily.com...
Pictures of Artificial Tower:

The Huffington Post stated in their article that an explanation had been discovered for this "artificial" spire.

“That’s no spire! What is going on is that there is a small crater that formed on the rim, after the larger crater, Mersenius E,” said Noah Petro, deputy project scientist for the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter (LRO) mission, currently orbiting the moon

“No spire there, so yes, it’s an optical illusion.”

www.huffingtonpost.com...
This latest finding is unique IMO, because this strange structure actually appears to cast a shadow. I went to the Lunar and Planetary Institute's webpage to view the Lunar Orbiter Photo Gallery. Here's a normal picture of the area where this strange tower structure was spotted (photo #1025):

Here's a slightly larger picture, that was blown up using the Paint program in Windows 7(That black line was done by me...oops):

Now here's a zoomed up picture with a little more contrast. See the shadow?

www.lpi.usra.edu...
I would of guessed this artificial tower was just a film anomaly, or perhaps a hair on the camera lens. But how do we account for the shadow?
Could the "Spaceship Moon Theory" be true?

The Spaceship Moon Theory is a stunning idea put forth by a pair of Soviet scientists back in the 1970s. It says the Moon is actually a creation of an alien race, some civilization far more advanced than ourselves, who parked it in Earth’s orbit long ago. The most interesting part of this theory might be where it came from, as we can only assume the old Soviet Union tolerated little frivolity in its scientific community.

owlcation.com...

edit on 9/14/2016 by shawmanfromny because: spelling

edit on 9/14/2016 by shawmanfromny because: included more info.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Secureteam10 posted this yesterday. I can't see it being a hair, like you said, there's a shadow. The shadow looks slightly s-shaped to me, while the object itself just looks curved. I have no idea what it could be.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Where's a Phage when you need one?

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 05:02 AM
link   
It's not a tower for the simple fact that the 'shadow' isn't pointing in the same direction as the surrounding shadows.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

The shadow of the tower doesn't match with the other shadows seen.

The arrow you drew is in fact very close to the direction all the other shadows are falling..

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Do you know how the images were taken and processed? Not a lot of people do.

The LO1 took photographs with a dual-camera set-up which had different resolutions. The film was then processed there and then and scanned before being transmitted back to the boys at NASA.

There were numerous errors/flaws in the processing which led to a few photos being useless car-wrecks. Luckily most of them came out good and, damn, didn't they do well to get so many back?

Your first image looks identical to another LO1 image that has a flaw in the processing. Check it out here. It'd be reasonable to suspect the same fluff, hair, metal shaving is in both of the photos.

The tower could be a smaller crater on the rim of the larger one with some kind of debris running down the crater sides. The mind makes them distinct and then 'tricks' us into seeing a tall tower instead of two holes in the ground.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 05:10 AM
link   

I believe it was orbiter ii? 20th Nov 1966?

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   
We need to study this image because after we took it, we stopped taking photos of the moon's surface.

NOT.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Prometheus, anyone?

looks just like it.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Likely streaking similar to that above it further up... if it was a shadow it would follow the other shadows and fall on the "dune" beside it.

Of course I am saying this being aware of shadows being said to appear odd and incorrect on the moon by NASA itself explaining rock shadow anomaly in the past.

But since pretty much all of the shadows are appearing to behave similarly then that is my best guess seeing how the same sort of "shadow" anomaly appears further up with the same sort of color etc making me think it the same sort as that appearing as a shadow.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   
dbl post
edit on 14-9-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

The tower could be a smaller crater on the rim of the larger one with some kind of debris running down the crater sides. The mind makes them distinct and then 'tricks' us into seeing a tall tower instead of two holes in the ground.

I believe you nailed it here! Zooming in, it most definitely appears to be more like a dark crater crack. The 'shadow' is Similiar to the other greyed shadows running along the terrain.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
If secureteam10 posted it id find it hard to believe it's a tower. They post so much crap that they have damaged any credibility they had (if any)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Thinking out of the box here...but what if it is like one of em Dune worms?

Is possible yeah?

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

The shadow of the tower doesn't match with the other shadows seen.

The arrow you drew is in fact very close to the direction all the other shadows are falling..

Bam!! That is correct!! Also, if there were artificial towers on the moon from very ancient times and the Moon is indeed an artificial satellite then it was placed there billions of years ago, so then how could these towers have survived the relatively constant bombardment of metorites the moon is subjected to over BILLIONS of years? The towere theory I don't buy into, but the artificial moon theory in my opinion does seem possible.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Two things that I notice:

1: That looks like a scanned image, judging by the scanlines and ways that certain sections are slightly offset from the area above

2: If so, you're looking at a hair or other fiber that was on the scanner bed and nothing more. Yes, fibers can look like that on a scan--I deal with digital images and take digital photos on a daily basis, and I have to go into Photoshop and remove this exact type of crap from photos all. of. the. time.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Very insightful once again Jim. Thanks for your expert, condescending reply!

I didn't post this article to tick off anyone. I posted it because I thought the picture was unusual. This is an Alternative/Conspiracy website after all, smh. Thanks for those who took the time responding and pointing out the problem with the shadow. I concur, this must be an anomaly due to that fact.
edit on 9/14/2016 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
It's not in an image covering the same area:

www.lpi.usra.edu/resources/lunarorbiter/images/preview/4178_h1.jpg

and it also isn't in any images taken by probes from other countries, or in any of my lunar atlases from the 1960s

I'd agree that it's likely to be a hair on a scanner or a glitch in transmission. Lunar Orbiter images were taken and developed in lunar orbit, then scanned and transmitted back to Earth, so it's unlikely to be on the original.
edit on 14/9/2016 by OneBigMonkeyToo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker
If secureteam10 posted it id find it hard to believe it's a tower. They post so much crap that they have damaged any credibility they had (if any)

They are only interested in increasing their youtube ad revenue.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
As well as the other lunar orbiter and modern probes this area was also photographed by Apollos 8, 10, 15-17.

Perhaps the best image is this one:

www.flickr.com...

In the image as presented by the Flickr archive it is halfway between the LM and the top of the image, at around 1 o'clock from the LM.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join