It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Artificial Tower (Spire) Spotted On The Moon?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
Very insightful once again Jim. Thanks for your expert, condescending reply!

I didn't post this article to tick off anyone. I posted it because I thought the picture was unusual. This is an Alternative/Conspiracy website after all, smh. Thanks for those who took the time responding and pointing out the problem with the shadow. I concur, this must be an anomaly due to that fact.

If you post a half century old image without pointing to the exact lat/long location and to later higher resolution imagery, I suggest you deserve all the condescension folks around here are impolite enough to offer. All it does is elevate the noise and garble level around a legit search for really interesting candidate structures, a task too important to be left to official agencies.

You can do better, and be more constructive. So can I. Let's try.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueShaman
It's not a tower for the simple fact that the 'shadow' isn't pointing in the same direction as the surrounding shadows.

the shadow is the darker line on the left

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Again with the lunar anomalies and again not paying attention to details that would halt creating threads that don't contain anything worth discussing. Here are your 2 lunar "towers" debunked.

Tower 1

No tower is visible except in your imagination. Look at this photo which needs to be high resolution to be able to see the details that would help validate or invalidate your claim. But it's not really necessary as it's easy to determine what is showing. The crater's "rays" are natural and the crater's right bank is being cut off by that straight pixelated line that separates the crater's edge from the nearby small, dark crater that you think is the top of the imaginary spire.

Tower 2

This photo shows that it was created from other photos, a collage. Being a Lunar Orbiter photo which was processed by onboard film processing equipment you're bound to see processing glitches such as negative scratches (straight horizontal lines). BUT that's not a tower nor a spire as the "shadow" falls in the wrong direction since you can see that sun is on the right.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

Fair enough Jim.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: klassless

LMAO, REALLY? STILL USING GOOGLE MOON?

You gotta be kidding me guys, you seriously don't know LRO website where you can zoom up to little rocks?

target.lroc.asu.edu...
edit on 14-9-2016 by egidio88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: egidio88
a reply to: klassless

LMAO, REALLY? STILL USING GOOGLE MOON?

You gotta be kidding me guys, you seriously don't know LRO website where you can zoom up to little rocks?

target.lroc.asu.edu...

I had forgotten that years ago I saved that site as a bookmark. Thanks for supplying the link which I used to grab the screenshot and the closeup. Now we can see for sure that the tower/spire is nonexistent and like I said that small crater on the edge of the larger crater provided the "tip" of the tower/spire. Lava could have run down into the crater leaving the dark "tower".

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   
great reading this thread though, but can I tell the truth...

the whole time I was reading it I was smirking.....

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   
cause it looks in that first pic like a giant

JOHNSON...did you see that picture...yessirr it was a

wedding tackle....he...he

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
Very insightful once again Jim. Thanks for your expert, condescending reply!

I didn't post this article to tick off anyone. I posted it because I thought the picture was unusual. This is an Alternative/Conspiracy website after all, smh. Thanks for those who took the time responding and pointing out the problem with the shadow. I concur, this must be an anomaly due to that fact.

Don't worry about Jim, he's in his contracted hours so his shift will be finished soon.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
Your first image looks identical to another LO1 image that has a flaw in the processing. Check it out here. It'd be reasonable to suspect the same fluff, hair, metal shaving is in both of the photos.

I agree
Likely the same artifact.

About the other "tower" shared by the charlatan Scott Waring, herer's a good image by QuickMap:
goo.gl...

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
And as usual I would always urge anyone who thinks it's all a big NASA cover up to check other sources online, like India, China and Japan (software may be required):

issdc.gov.in...

l2db.selene.darts.isas.jaxa.jp...

moon.bao.ac.cn...

and occasionally Russia

mentallandscape.com...

And there are plenty of lunar atlases out there, both from the pre- and post-Apollo eras using telescope images and those from unmanned probes. It is not hard to check facts.

posted on Sep, 25 2021 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I have a number of moon and Mars pictures with structures and mechanical equipment on them , I need someone to help me get them out to the public..I don’t want anything or any Recognition for them …SNIP reply to: shawmanfromny

edit on 9/26/2021 by semperfortis because: Removed Personal INFO

posted on Sep, 25 2021 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Leathern

It's actually pretty easy to post photos on the internet. What exactly are you having trouble with?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join