It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Journalist Bob Tuskin arrested for "The Building 7 Challenge"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

When that happens, it is the DUTY of the Public to stand up for their countryfolk and demand that the offenders (the Police in this case) cease and desist that illegal action, and to make it clear to the offenders that they will be arrested and charged, either criminally in court or privately sued if they do not stop.

Either way, they will be shown to have broken the law and are not adhering to the rule of law...both bad options for a supposed peace officer sworn to uphold the law and constitution of the USA.

Those standing around ought to have spoken up and challenged what was going on...i bet they'd want someone else to have done so for them, if they were breaking zero laws and were being carted off for no reason other than exercising their rights.

Too many people think filming the wrong doing is enough, when it clearly isn't.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc
a reply to: ugmold

Trespassing on public land? That is a public area, no?

It's part of the University of Florida, hence the university cops "arresting" him, so no I don't think it is a public area

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

One complaining snowflake is sufficient, just one.

Think about this, it's brilliant! Anyone who isn't supporting the official narrative is potentially hurting people believing in that religion, who run to the cops instantly to blaim the messenger instead of their own cognitive dissonance. Orthodoxy already is unconsciousness.

"By 2050—earlier, probably—all real knowledge of Oldspeak will have disappeared. The whole literature of the past will have been destroyed. Chaucer, Shakespeare, Milton, Byron—they'll exist only in Newspeak versions, not merely changed into something different, but actually contradictory of what they used to be. Even the literature of the Party will change. Even the slogans will change. How could you have a slogan like "freedom is slavery" when the concept of freedom has been abolished? The whole climate of thought will be different. In fact there will be no thought, as we understand it now. Orthodoxy means not thinking—not needing to think. Orthodoxy is unconsciousness.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   

a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

The guy who edits the video gets to pick what we see and as such pick what we get to know.

And the guy who edits the NIST computer models gets to pick what we see and as such pick what we get to know.

NIST Model Data is Classified

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX
a reply to: Raggedyman

When that happens, it is the DUTY of the Public to stand up for their countryfolk and demand that the offenders (the Police in this case) cease and desist that illegal action, and to make it clear to the offenders that they will be arrested and charged, either criminally in court or privately sued if they do not stop.

Either way, they will be shown to have broken the law and are not adhering to the rule of law...both bad options for a supposed peace officer sworn to uphold the law and constitution of the USA.

Those standing around ought to have spoken up and challenged what was going on...i bet they'd want someone else to have done so for them, if they were breaking zero laws and were being carted off for no reason other than exercising their rights.

Too many people think filming the wrong doing is enough, when it clearly isn't.

Yep, sad isn't it

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Bit of a weird one for sure.

The problem however with these kind of videos is that they are always only giving one side of the story due to the way the videos are being edited. For all we know there has been some clever edited to skip out the part where this guy tells the officers he wants to kill them or whatever. I am not saying that is what happened only that there are two sides to this story and we are only being told one side, probably something worth remembering. The guy who edits the video gets to pick what we see and as such pick what we get to know.

this is baseless.

if you don't have a clip showing him saying that "he wants to kill them or whatever," what makes your post any different from the ambiguity you're condemning?

you really just pulled that out of thin air. that's the best way to lose credibility in your position.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: SargonThrall
But they arrested him when he didn't even defy them. He merely asked for an explanation. Do you believe people who would do this would not act even more despotic had he threatened them?

I am not disputing anything i am only pointing out that in this very short video we are only being presented with what could very well be a very short version of what happened that has been cherry picked for us by whoever made the video.

Sure its nice and fashionable to find another video showing police brutality or abuse of power but i would be couscous because this is not the full story that is presented in this video.

To claim otherwise is a demonstration of seeing what you want to be seeing, the ability to critique things such as this is a dying art on ATS these days.

Seems to me this is another case of "its on the interwebs so it must be true"

I can make a pretty convincing youtube video of me making a pen levitate, doesn't actually mean i can make a pen levitate, hell for all we know that wasn't really a cop and the entire video was staged to crate more hate towards cops.

Again I am not saying that this is the case in this video or that the police where not in the wrong I am only saying we should keep in mind this is one side of the story and its not the full story either.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

But they arrested him when he didn't even defy them. He merely asked for an explanation. Do you believe people who would do this would not act even more despotic had he threatened them?

I am not disputing anything i am only pointing out that in this very short video we are only being presented with what could very well be a very short version of what happened that has been cherry picked for us by whoever made the video.

Sure its nice and fashionable to find another video showing police brutality or abuse of power but i would be couscous because this is not the full story that is presented in this video.

To claim otherwise is a demonstration of seeing what you want to be seeing, the ability to critique things such as this is a dying art on ATS these days.

I can make a pretty convincing youtube video of me making a pen levitate, doesn't actually mean i can make a pen levitate, hell for all we know that wasn't really a cop and the entire video was staged to crate more hate towards cops.

Again I am not saying that this is the case in this video or that the police where not in the wrong I am only saying we should keep in mind this is one side of the story and its not the full story either.

if you're "not saying that this is the case," then stop pushing this narrative that has NO SUPPORTING INFORMATION.

looks like you're contributing to the mortality of this "dying art."

either support your claim with facts or stop making things up just because other videos have been edited in the past. this is a classic logical fallacy.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

and its not the full story either.

I'd guess it is, go ahead and refute my claim with facts!

Where's this alleged 'full story' you're talking about?

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: facedye

if you're "not saying that this is the case," then stop pushing this narrative that has NO SUPPORTING INFORMATION.

looks like you're contributing to the mortality of this "dying art."

either support your claim with facts or stop making things up just because other videos have been edited in the past. this is a classic logical fallacy.

sigh.. i hate ATS these days posts like this are a perfect example of why.

I make a sensible post saying this is only one side of the story and that for all we know the guy being arrested may have done something more, I pointed out that we only get to see what the editor of the video wanted us to see.

And then i have to put up with bollocks like this, "Stop pushing this Narrative"..... I am not pushing anything I am just making a point, there could be more to this than we are shown.

"NO SUPPORTING INFORMATION"..... I am not making any factual claims that this guy actually done anything wrong only that its possible he did and this has been edited out.

"Stop Making things up"..... what have I made up?

" this is a classic logical fallacy."..... Is it? ok, so what? i dont actually care...... I would say its a logical fallacy to blindly believe anything because a guy with a Youtube channel posted a couple of videos.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

and its not the full story either.

I'd guess it is, go ahead and refute my claim with facts!

Where's this alleged 'full story' you're talking about?

I have no idea what you are talking about and i do not care for your "facts" because on ATS "Facts" have a tenancy to be paranoid opinion along with a toxic mix pseudo-science and revisionist history.

Also i am not saying there is a full story only that we are only being shown a very small snap shot of what happened and there could be more to this than we are being shown.
edit on 13-9-2016 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
So I'm watching youtube and came across 10 demolitions gone wrong, and to watch building that have pros setting charges that go wrong and what could happen, and then watching the 3 towers go down in NY. What I came up with common sense is that building do not fall straight down without very persice explosions. I can't believe we live in a country that lets people get away with killing and than lying too its people. To say that those building came down on there own is just ... i don't even know a word strong enough for that.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

so you're on a site that has "deny ignorance" as a slogan, and you don't care that you're committing textbook logical fallacies?

on top of that you think you're creating a sensible reply? without anything to support it?

your point has no value because it's not based in anything real or tangible.

pretty sure ATS has always erred on the side of substantiating statements with useful information. none of your replies here help your case at all.

looks like you just hate being called out when your opinions don't match up with reality.

EDIT: on top of that, and adding to everyone's detriment here, you're not even addressing the lawlessness of the action taken by police here to a law abiding citizen *following their unlawful order.*

you're simply saying "well he could have been really offensive and threatening! they could be in the right!"

you're being an apologist because of your bias.

what if they really did violate his freedom of speech?

does this mean nothing to you?

why is that not at the forefront of your mind when it's blatantly clear as to what happened?

and if you argue that's not potentially what happened, don't you think people here will hold you to substantiate what you're saying?
edit on 13-9-2016 by facedye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: facedye

**Deep breath***.

Logical Fallacy, believing that 100 seconds worth of video represents the fully story.

Denying ignorance, you say, so let me get this right you are saying that you are "denying ignorance" by blindly believing a 100 second video and I am embracing the ignorance by pointing out that there might be a little bit more to this than what the video shows.

pretty sure ATS has always erred on the side of substantiating statements with useful information.

Quite honestly its hilarious that you actually believe this.

TO address your Edit.

you're simply saying "well he could have been really offensive and threatening! they could be in the right!"

Yup and you are getting way over excited about this. Its only 100 seconds worth of video to believe that it tells the whole story is frankly stupid! There could be a 30 minute period after this where the police beat the guy with bats or before the video where the guy runs around campus yelling "I HAVE A BOMB".

The point is quite simply that we do not have the whole story here so to go hatting on the cops when you do not hold all the facts to me seems rather daft.

you're being an apologist because of your bias.

What bias?

How am i being a apologist I am not saying the police where in the right based on this they were in the wrong but before i go flaming them publicly i want all the facts.

what if they really did violate his freedom of speech?

Boo-hoo

does this mean nothing to you?

absolutely nothing!

why is that not at the forefront of your mind when it's blatantly clear as to what happened?

Because i only have 100 seconds worth of the story to go on, before i start screeming civil liberties violations i want all the facts.

That and I am a gov shill.
edit on 13-9-2016 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

not as blind as believing something you can't even prove.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: facedye

not as blind as believing something you can't even prove.

What is it that I have claimed to believe as a fact?

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

that there's more to this story, pointing to maliciousness on the side of Tuskin.

....with nothing to back that up.

EDIT:

you're sideswiping this discussion based on something you can't even support. why not talk about the actual issue at hand here?

lol, oh right, because you'd consider that to be "flaming the officers without sufficient facts."

but "boo hoo" if our freedom of speech is revoked, right? tough, he should just get over it?

if you can't place the value of our first amendment over attempting to justify a false arrest, you'll have a tough time seeing things clearly in this thread.
edit on 13-9-2016 by facedye because: added content

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: samkent

So basically he was arrested with no charge, because if stupid is an arrest-able offense now the entire country is going to jail.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
The first step to fixing America is getting the cops on the same page as the American people. I think the cops and people have to work together if any progress is to be made.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonymousTi

you're absolutely right - this is exactly why the powers that be started militarizing state police forces.

they know this to be true too.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join