It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hit a deer making a sticker

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I wasn't sure if I should put this here, general chit chat, or art, although it is definitely not art, and is intended to be a joke.
So basically, I smoked a deer the other day, luckily the damage isn't too bad, less than the deductible anyway, which means it's going on hold, which is why I'm doing this.
There's a place in my town that makes custom stickers dirt cheap, so I'm planning on using the good ole Ancient Aliens Guy meme, to have a sticker made to put on the damaged part of my hood. I know its going to just basically be a detailed silhouette of him (nothing in the background and enough detail that you can clearly tell it's him), with the wording. However, I can't really decide exactly what i want to do for the wording . So I present to you, my first 3, rough, ideas.

Any input/other ideas are greatly welcomed!

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: MDpvc

This reminds me of the time I was driving around the hills of Lake Travis about 30 years ago and wrecked my car avoiding a deer. I had to walk 10 miles to get help and I was so thankful I did not kill the deer. I am glad I wrecked my car instead.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   
The first one, but make it singular instead of plural.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: austincitylights

Not killing it wasnt really an option here. Although, I was very happy to to find out it died, what seemed like, instantly. It didn't so much jump out in front of me, as it did AT me. It was like jumping in front of a train. The woman behind me, who saw it and stopped, said she saw the exact second it died. First thing I did was to go tromping around the woods, looking for her, she was dead right where she landed (like 30ft away).

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: JDeLattre89

ahh, good catch.
edit on 9 11 2016 by MDpvc because: It wasn't an "aggressive god catch". Autocorrect...

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: MDpvc

If you smoked a deer, did you use a pipe? If not, how did you get papers big enough? Did you cut it into tiny chunks before you rolled it up? Also, did you shave it first? I can imagine all that burning fur would stink.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I hit a deer in my patrol car at a complete stop once. I was driving 30 mph and three deer ran in front of me. I stopped and so did the last deer, which jumped sideways into the hood of my car. It then ran off and jumped into (instead of over) a fence.
edit on 9112016 by JDeLattre89 because: spelling

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark
Can't shave it, they don't burn well if you do. Hang it up to dry, then use a wood chipper to grind it up, then it's as simple as assembling a pipe out of 3in pvc. Duh!

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: JDeLattre89

Hahaha, they're the turkey of mammals, just so damn stupid. I had a slightly similar incident to yours a few years ago, but I juuuust barely couldn't stop in time. Luckily I was in my 86 Jetta (very small) he stopped, I was still going about mph, but he managed to jump right over it! I got so lucky.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: MDpvc
but he managed to jump right over it! I got so lucky.

I am glad you took the time to discover that the deer was a "he"...

new topics

top topics

join