It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Type 2 Diabetes and Fatty Liver Disease:(

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
my doc just told me i have Type 2 Diabetes and Fatty Liver Disease! i showed signs back in 2013 but switch doctors in 2014 and then in 2015 to my new doctor. what makes me mad about this is that my new doctor known about my high liver back in 2013 but sent me home gave no info because he was swamped with patents. so i got sick of all the uncaring bs doctors i had to deal with so i did my own research and found out it could be from my anti depressant lexapro doing the damage
i have been on 20mg down to 10mg for 3/4 years now and it looks to add up with my lab test! but i asked my doctor and he told me no! not possible! here is my test results. My Lab Test

i am afraid to go off my anti depressant at this point in my life because of stress from my sickness and my land lard giving me a no cause rental termination
i hope i am making since? i am not good at typing! lol!
edit on 10-9-2016 by eroutt because: link not working

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Well if you have a type 2 diabetes and a fatty liver, it means your lifestyle needs change, not the doctor..

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Look into a ketogenic diet to manage the diabetes (only workable if you're not super unhealthy and 'brittle' by now) or a raw food diet which heals some people and for antidepressants, research 5-HTP. Don't change your meds without doing a lot of research, you can lurch into a suicidal depression that you won't be able to recognize is coming from the drugs or sudden lack of drugs you're used to; your doctor may help you but probably not. They're prohibited by law from recommending anything that's not a 'pharmaceutical' and thus a prescription, even aspirin. While they may once in a while tell you to take an ibuprofen, there's little chance they will recommend 5-HTP even though it's safe; they're trained prescription pushers and the chemical companies that own them (or their license to practice medicine, same thing) don't like competition.

Basically as you've found out, you're on your own. This is VERY dangerous territory, be careful and get your wits about you.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
You're that young and already have diabetes and fatty liver disease? Holy crap man, knock off all sugar and all alcohol in your diet, now! And watch this movie. BTW, the reason doctors don't do much with diabetic and alcoholic patients is they've learned over the years that the patient is with 'himself' 24/7/365 while the doc only has a few minutes a year. Diabetes are famous for having blood sugar levels so high their brains are muddled from it, and being so addicted to their food intakes of choice, that they just don't change. The docs give up on them because without putting them in jail, they can't change things. It's a personal struggle and up to you.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: SentientCentenarian

Thats why Doctors recommend a dietist

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang

Thats why Doctors recommend a dietist

Yeah, great if you listen to them. And can afford one. And can afford the food they recommend. And can change nearly everything about your lifestyle.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Wrong post
edit on 2016910 by tikbalang because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
What changed in April of this year and March of 2013? Liver values look normal there.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: eroutt

I always forget you guys live in the US.. Well it takes about 6-18 months to change a lifestyle.. Start over, cook your own food, count the calories, remove sugar, remove alcohol..

You pushed your body to the max, and its breaking down.. If you dont change lifestyle, you will see an early death..
You will Die

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Here's the crazy thing...A lot of sick patients look at lifestyle change as a decrease in quality of life, because they feel like they're missing out on their cravings.

Eat cooked shiitake mushrooms, turmeric with fat and black pepper, green tea, small, oily fish undercooked, watercress.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

thanks i will watch it later

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

already on it! also i have been off dairy for 5 yrs also!

edit on 10-9-2016 by eroutt because: typo off not of

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

thank you i will look in to it!

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Wow, quacks are free on ATS. How did I ever survive without them? eyeroll

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: eroutt

thank you i will look in to it!

A dietician would be your best bet.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

i have had a bad 3 yrs from my mom getting sick and almost dieing 4 times from cellulitis. my nice getting sick from Thyroid Disease to trying to find a place to live. the list goes on
fatty liver disease is an epidemic here in the us. my doc also told me that its also genetic. a skinny person can get this too! i never drink alcohol by the way forgot to add that

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

i am getting my house tested for every thing so maybe that can factor in somehow! who know? i am still trying to figure it all out!

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

i am happy eating healthy so no big deal to me. but yeah! i can see that.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: eroutt

Well, I have an extensive knowledge of nutrition & medicinal foods. avoid sugar! baked goods, cookies, cakes, pastries are the WORST. soda as well.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Another one of those ATSer dying due to health failure since Cancer. Stop eating sugary and fatty foods. Avoid candies at all cost now. Most are made with modified corn syrup. Fake sugar.
edit on 10-9-2016 by makemap because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join