It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't care for baseball....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
... anymore. My team ceased to exist over 10 years ago.
Just can't get into the Jays. Always saw them as the little brother. But I just LOVE a pennant race and we've got a great one this year. In the American League East. With about 20 games left we've got the BoSox leading the division. The Jays are 1 game back(GB). The Orio;es are 3GB and the Yankees are 4 GB. They play each other a lot for the rest of the season. They are very familiar with each other. This should be interesting as hell. Will someone go on a run? Collapse? A war of attrition? It's open to 4 teams. Cool.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Baseball lost me as a fan in the early 90's when they went on strike. I never came back. Went to a New York Islanders game instead, I've stuck with hockey since. Played bb when was a youth all the way up through high school. Loved to play it but it's a boring as watching paint dry trying to watch it. Can't wait till the World Cup starts next Friday.....pulling for team North America.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

The season is to long for me, I usually start following it about this time of year when the chases are happening.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I see the Jays beat Boston today so only 1/2 game back and yea should be a good run to the end .TO has a good team again this year .

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

I see the Jays beat Boston today so only 1/2 game back and yea should be a good run to the end .TO has a good team again this year .

It's 1 game. I waited until that game was over before posting this.

Seems like my team is still kicking ass but in DC.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

For someone who does not care for the game you certainly seem to be following it closely.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

For someone who does not care for the game you certainly seem to be following it closely.

Haven't watched it in years until today(TV is sucking). Didn't say I didn't know how the game works. I was an Expos fan from 78- 04. Do you have a point to make or are you just looking for a fight?

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Haven't watched it in years until today(TV is sucking).

There is some college football on, albeit a weak day but there has been one upset. Central Michigan beat OK State on a hail mary hook and ladder play.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

Haven't watched it in years until today(TV is sucking). Didn't say I didn't know how the game works. I was an Expos fan from 78- 04. Do you have a point to make or are you just looking for a fight?

Just thought I'd point out your detailed comments were in contradiction to your title. More of a good-natured tweaking than looking for a real fight.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
It's nothing but a glorified game of catch. Cricket is more entertaining to watch than baseball. Personally I'd prefer to take in some fencing or rugby.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: JDeLattre89

Cricket? Isn't that where you throw a googlie and then hit it with a paddle?

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I am a football fan first...both pro and college, but baseball is my second love. The thing I don't like about baseball is that it is all about who can pay the players the most and there isn't a competitive balance like in the NFL and NBA.

Now if you think baseball is boring you haven't been watching soccer or golf. Talk about some boring sports. Just ugh.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Now if you think baseball is boring you haven't been watching soccer or golf. Talk about some boring sports. Just ugh.

Oh this isn't boring at all. When are you ever going to have 4 teams battling it out JUST FOR THE DIVISION again. At bats and errors come into play BIG now. Gives me sports to watch... except Monday, Thursday and Sunday.

GO NINERS....yeah.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

NASCAR...

A boringest "sport" disguised as one that's not.

I like baseball. Grew up with it. I watch the A's or Giants on tv time-to-time, and go out for games every now and then.

Hockey...I never miss a Kings game.

edit on 10-9-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
But... buh... The Cubs!

They have a chance this year because they are good.

Anyway, it is a good excuse to sit around with the guys, drink some beers, and not talk about politics and religion. You know, like all guys do (only talk about religion and politics)!

new topics

top topics

join