It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Went to an air show!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Went to an air show and fell in love with the b-1

Bust the beat if all was having lunch under her !!

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Yup. Death machines can be sexy.

Minus the purpose it was built for, it sure is an amazing piece of human creation. It's just too bad it was built to kill.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Sparkymedic

Yes yes indeed git some more photos of bomb bay ..engine and the beautiful sniper pod !

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Which air show was it? The last one I went to was the Abottsford air show back in 1995 or so.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Sparkymedic

It's just too bad it was built to kill.

Maybe it was built to keep from killing, no? Look at that beautiful creation through that tint.
That's what I'm doing.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Slys13

First of all let me be the first to welcome you to the aviation forum!

Second HELL YEAH!!!!!!!

The B1, we call her Bone, is one sexy beast. Did she fly or was the show static?

Oh man, oh man, oh man, did i mention how sweet fltbys by a Bone are?

I used to go to Edwards AFB for their airshow back when they were doing them. Theyd have a Bone do its aerial demonstration. Its finale would be to disappear over the horizon loop back behind the crowd and pull a .9 mach flyby at like 300 feet right over your backs from behind. The crowds standing on the apron watching the runway when from behind right over the hangers she comes a screaming. Scaring the crap out of all the uninitiated noobies.

Deep bass thumping your chest. Your guts rattling. the hangers clamering. the noise and power! God i miss those demos of the Bone.

HEY ZAPH!!!!! Get in here! Tell him about how you used to stand next to the runway at Hickam and watch the Bones do high speed takeoffs at full thrust.

Also perfect response to the hater who doesnt think the Bone is a sexy girl. Yes!! Yes!!!.....more shots of the Bone please.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I saw a B-1 at an air show here in California at Travis AFB some years back...it took off and landed, it makes the B-52 look almost quaint in comparison ....I was amazed at the sleekness of design, compared to the massive jets providing the power. and the takeoff was as fast and nimble as a jet fighter, no lumbering bomber, that's for sure.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Also im on a phone with a spiderwebbed cracked screen so i cant see easy.

That Bone out of Ellsworth. SD?

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Yeah I have been lurking for years..but got overly excited and had to post..no she did not fly..sadly
..but we had the thunder bird and some tactical f18 group..we live near Stewart air port which is airlift group.we also seen the c17 do a demo..dear god that was impressive! Tried to get the guy to also give me more info about the sniper pod ..but most info could be found on the internet ..

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Yes it was from their !!

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Yessiree, let me tell you what a pain in the ass they are. They might be better now that they've changed everything from the brakes, to the cockpit and everything in between. But I bet they still only have three generators.

Love the looks, LOVED being on the runway when they took off, beat my head on the desk every time one was on the inbound board.

First deployment they came for, got five of them flying locals. Had four of them on jacks so they could steal wheels from them to get the broke one off the runway. Had to fly an emergency mission in from Dyess with 10 wheels in that night. Ended up having to borrow jacks from Delta because every one we had was under a B-1.
edit on 9/10/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Apparently there were protesters at the last Virginia Beach air show, they felt air shows promoted violence . ...I've never seen that at an air show before ?! ..but otherwise , air shows are pretty cool to go to, so much to see !

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

They're trying to ban the Blue Angels and Thunderbirds at multiple places. They claim they're dangerous and traumatize residents. People even say their dogs "live in terror" when they're going on.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

They want to close NAS Oceania. This has been going on for years. There's a real estate developer who keeps them stirred up. He wants to buy the property if they close the base.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

They've been trying to close the airport at San Jose too I think it is. The FAA is about to take them to court over it.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Typing from the UK here ... I (insert rude F word)ing love the B1, seen it numerous of times and hoping to see it next year at Royal international Air Tattoo at RAF Fairford as the theme for the show is celebrating the anniversary of the USAF. It's a shame I don't drive as the B1s have been at Fairford the last few days I'd be up there if I could drive

Anyway here's a tip, don't get too close behind a B1 on takeoff as these spotters did at Fairford one year

Edit: not 100% sure if the video was at Fairford or RAF Cottesmore
edit on 10-9-2016 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Always cool to see the bone.

A few years ago at Nellis the squadron on display there traces its lineage back to Doolittle's Raiders. We were talking to one of the pilots and he asked my son about the raid. it was a blast watching my son who was 11 have a in-depth conversation about the strategic and tactical significance of the raid. We got quite a tour of the airframe after!

We were at the Edwards AFB show back in 2009 (The only one they have had since 911) and since there are few restrictions watching the bone streak by at near supersonic speed on the deck is indescribable. (not to mention the flyby with a B-52, B-1 and B-2 all in formation)

Lastly, if you get to Denver, the aviation museum there has a B-1A model on display

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

I just found out that I'm going to Nellis in about 10 days. Is there a museum there?

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

The Thunderbirds museum.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

A Zaphod says there is the Thunderbird Museum but according to its site its closed for construction. If your not stationed at the base You need a DOD card or a sponsor on base to get in. (I have never been) If you go past the Speedway you skirt the airfield perimeter and can catch some cool stuff coming in from the various ranges. But unless an exercise is ongoing you may have to be patient

edit on 9/11/16 by FredT because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join