It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Registration date is wrong

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
According to the info under my icon, I registered this August. I've been around much longer than one month!

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: vlawde

The date is fine. You registered March.

More countries use the D/M/Y format than any other. And why does this matter anyways?
edit on 9-9-2016 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

Literally only America uses the one you claim to.
(Ok some exceptions, but again that is more common.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Dumbass

Sometimes we just like showing off.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: yeahright

It is an marvelous piece of balancing I agree

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Yeah, the US way of representing the date is silly.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
i get confused with american set-up too and i am america. Too long in mil i guess. Example today is 09SEP2016. Which is the equivalent to European standard and also the reason I use 24hr clock, not 12.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDeLattre89
i get confused with american set-up too and i am america. Too long in mil i guess. Example today is 09SEP2016. Which is the equivalent to European standard and also the reason I use 24hr clock, not 12.

The day-month-year order has been increasing in usage since the early 1980s[citation needed]. The month is usually written as an abbreviated name, as in "19-Jul-1922". Many genealogical databases and the Modern Language Association citation style use this format[citation needed]. When filling in the Form I-94 cards and new customs declaration cards used for people entering the U.S., passengers are requested to write pertinent dates in the numeric "dd mm yy" format (e.g. "19 07 22"). Visas and passports issued by the U.S. State Department also use this format. In the food industry, many companies in the US are starting to print expiration dates in the "dd mmm yyyy" order (e.g. "25 DEC 2006").

American notation for dates

That be changin' though...lol.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

The most logical is the Japanese, as the least significant number is the rightmost.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
The British way is confusing to me, reading the date to me says I registered August 3rd. Ok that explains it. Curious, is this an American based website, British, or???

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

In your account settings there is a field to change the format ( dd/mm/yyyy vs mm/dd/yyyy ). However an individual has their settings is how they see all dates on the site.

ATS is US based.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Thanks. It's good to see that this site has contributors from a lot of different countries. To me, it's an international forum....good that a lot of different perspectives and information is shared!

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Yeah, the US way of representing the date is silly.

Is not!

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Oh no it isn't British
It's the European way, perhaps global?

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
It's grammatically correct the way that it's displayed. I don't usually refer to dates in language as "it was August Third", but rather "it was the Third of August" - which implies "the third day of..."

Language standards...

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: _kuma_

The most logical is the Japanese, as the least significant number is the rightmost.

I like that format also. Makes working with dates easier, IMO.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Problem is, many of us are so used to a certain format. Example, third of August just seems backwards to me. But there is no right or wrong in this

top topics

join