It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holy Hillary!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Hillary Clinton has truly begun positioning herself for a 2008 presidential election run. Even hardcore Democrats on this site must concede this is a conspiracy to pull the wool over the eyes of the American public! Just look...

She's begun invoking God in practically every speech:

To a women's group:

Clinton also urged women to overcome negative messages and self-doubt. "It undermines their ability of who God wants them to be," she said.

Hillary the Evangelical Christian:

We welcome back to the area Senator Hillary Clinton (D., N.Y.), who has been spending so much time here in Little Rock lately that she's practically joined the church choir! "I'm here spending time at my husband's library," she told the Lamp when we caught up with her after a Sunday camp meeting, "and of course, I always take time to worship God in as evangelical a way as is feasible, given time and location constraints. As you know, I consider myself an evangelical Christian, really a Christian conservative, if you want to know the truth, so it's nice to be 'home' again in the South, which I really consider my quote-unquote home even though I live in New York most of the time. Well, Washington, D.C., most of the time, actually, but if I'm not there I'm in New York, of course, but always thinking about being here, in the South, my spiritual home, where I shared so many wonderful evangelical . . . moments and . . . events. Can you read that back to me?"

Hillary the Faith-Based Initiative Champion:

In a speech at a fund-raising dinner for a Boston-based organization that promotes faith-based solutions to social problems, Clinton said there has been a "false division" between faith-based approaches to social problems and respect for the separation of church of state.

"There is no contradiction between support for faith-based initiatives and upholding our constitutional principles," said Clinton, a New York Democrat who often is mentioned as a possible presidential candidate in 2008.

Addressing a crowd of more than 500, including many religious leaders, at Boston's Fairmont Copley Plaza, Clinton invoked God more than half a dozen times, at one point declaring, "I've always been a praying person."

Hillary has also found a new anti-immigration streak within:

Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton is staking out a position on illegal immigration that is more conservative than President Bush, a strategy that supporters and detractors alike see as a way for the New York Democrat to shake the "liberal" label and appeal to traditionally Republican states.

She may even be fooling some protectionist Republicans with this one.

Some sites are fighting back such as Blogs Against Hillary:

Imagine waking up almost 4 years from now. It's November 5th, 2008. The day after the next Presidential Election. You turn on your radio and the next thing you hear is " PRESIDENT ELECT HILLARY RODHAM CLINTON." Sounds pretty scary doesn't it?? Fear is a great motivator, and if the thought of 4 years of Hill and Bill doesn't scare you, then I don't know what else would! That's why I decided to create this site long in advance of that day. The time is now, my conservative friends. We must prepare for what is to come in the next few years. Hillary is going to run, and with that the Clintonistas will be back in force. This site will be dedicated to stopping them....

Do you think she'll be able to pull it off? Personally I don't think anyone will buy her newfound religion. But her stance on immigration may be attractive to many conservatives fearful of uncontrolled Mexican labor flowing north...anyway it seems like 2008 is off to an early start!

Thanks to BlogsAgainstHillary and NewsMax.com for story links.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Do you think she'll be able to pull it off? Personally I don't think anyone will buy her newfound religion.

It worked for Bush so it might work for her.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
AceofBase,

Whatever works, do it. I personally dont think she's got a rats chance in hell anymore than we have a chance in ever having "normal" elections ever again.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I'd probably push for a 3rd term for Bush over Hillary
and I think most already know my feelings on our idiot savant president....

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I only jokingly knock Bush's intelligence- he probably doesn't belong in Mensa but his biggest problem is really that he does a very poor job of assuming and projecting confidence and authority. If Bush could adress all issues with the firmness and confidence he has while reading notecards full of vague rhetoric about "freedom", and if he could do it without sounding like he was reading from note cards, he would actually come across as a fairly intelligent person.

Now that the disclaimer is out of the way- I see where Gazrok got the idiot part, so where does the savant part come in? I just dont see it.

Unless Bush is wildly successful and manages to break the back of the democratic party during this term, I think 2008 is set to be an absolute walk for a moderate democrat. Hillary's message can be a successful one, if only it weren't coming from Hillary, who so few on the right trust.

They need to bring out moderates who can attract support from people like McCain and Powell, and they need to come out being completely pro-active and talking about what they will do in the future, not what was done wrong in the past. Patriot Act reform, border security (coupled with friendly immigration policy), military budget reforms, etc etc etc. Just be positive.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
2008 I don't think will be an easy walk for anyone, no doubt the Republicans will have a saviour waiting in the wings as well as initiatives set fourth for this administration so as to hope the public will keep republicans in the white house. As for the Democrats that's what we said about this election after 9/11 and Iraq I think this was the democrats chance to shine and they couldn't get it done. Both parties will have to have strong contenders. I don't think Hillary would be a good choice for 2008.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
It didn't "work" for Bush.

Hitlary is pretending to seem religious because that's the thing to be.

Bush was religious all along because he already was.

And for all her talk about "God", which god is she talking about?
Must not be the Christian God, because she's never once mentioned Jesus.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by southern_cross3

Bush was religious all along because he already was.

Bull! Are you trying to me that Dubya displays the action of religious Christian!? If that's what Christianity is...is it any wonder why the Christian churches are losing ground!? He's pretender that says god talks to him! The man needs professional help!

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by southern_cross3
And for all her talk about "God", which god is she talking about?
Must not be the Christian God, because she's never once mentioned Jesus.

I think this would be a better political move than to only use one religion in her speaches. By saying God instead of Jesus, or Allah, or whatever she can appeal to all religious people thereby gaining the support from manny religions instead of alienating potential voters.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I for one, do not choose my leaders because they mention Jesus, or any god....get real! Politics is a "career" not a calling...I think people that vote this way are ridiculous, and not very educated in the political field!

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
I for one, do not choose my leaders because they mention Jesus, or any god....get real! Politics is a "career" not a calling...I think people that vote this way are ridiculous, and not very educated in the political field!

You're absolutely correct, LadyV

Nothing but religious ignorant little sheep- its baffling and blows my mind

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   
did I misunderstand...

because she "found religion" or now talks about god, that supposed to mean that she's going to run for President ?

I don't think so.

As far as the coment that " it worked for Bush" , I'm glad he's a religous man...

also, I might just Vote for Hillary if she does run..... just to piss off a few people around here....

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Hey, the Clintons are the masters of government by popular opinion and/or polling. Not sure what to do on any issue? Take a poll today and issue policy at a press conference tomorrow.

Here you have Hillary. She just sees Bush pull out a win based on "Christians" and the so-called "morality issue".

So, the day after the election she was already invoking God and morals in everything she said.

She's not dumb. She's just very cold, calculating and hungry for power. You know, the ends justify the means.

Now what's funny is all you people saying Bush is stupid and he is trying to take over the world. How could a stupid person really pull that off?

But a really cold, calculating and hungry for power person like Hillary, now that's who I'd keep an eye on ...

[edit on 1/21/2005 by centurion1211]

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Hillary adapts to the situation.

Frankly, It doesn't surprise me at all.

She's trying to execute a coup with the religious moderates after all the liberal women moved more towards Babs Boxer.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

Unfortunately perception is reality. The outdated perception of devine right is still alive in cultural memory, in religion, and in fiction. People still believe the good guy has to win just because he's the good guy. You might notice this while reading a book or watching a movie sometimes; that you find yourself viewing from the perspective of, and rooting for, a protagonist who according to your individual values you might actually think was wrong. So long as this exists, people will still base their votes on personality, religion, etc. I don't think it's really a matter of lack of education in the political field though. It's a cultural weakness which results in ignorance of the issues in some cases.

On top of that, people vote for like-minded people. Not all people vote Christian because they believe that the person is somehow ordained by God. Some just happen to believe that morals are absolute and as such believe that legislating morality is not a bad thing. People like this are not poorly educated on or even ignorant of the issues; they just have a viewpoint that some might disagree with. In the interest of honesty, it's important not to carry around a rubber stamp for labeling people "ignorant" or "uneducated" whenever they do something you don't agree with. Some people are just wrong.
This label is less fun to use because wrong is subjective and does not rule out consideration of the other persons viewpoint. I can understand why "uneducated" "ignorant" "stupid" "insane" etc get thrown around in politics a lot more than "wrong" "mistaken" and "flawed", but I see the labeling as a very dishonest tactic.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
How could a stupid person really pull that off?
[edit on 1/21/2005 by centurion1211]

Because, right now there are more stupid people in the world than smart people, and they can smell their own. That's why they gravitate towards a plain spoken mouth breather who doesn't read books, and thinks that "debate" is the thing that happens between sketches on Hee Haw.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I hear Bill is so excited about this he's already interviewing interns.

I just don't see why religion should play such a role as this. Political power in the hands of religion has always led to tyranny. Political power in the hands of religion will always lead to tyranny.

I'll take a good old fashion crooked politician anyday over one thats getting his or her orders strait from god.

Love and light to each of you,

Wupy

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond

it's important not to carry around a rubber stamp for labeling people "ignorant" or "uneducated" whenever they do something you don't agree with. Some people are just wrong.

For starters, re read what I said....I said they are uneducated in politics....these people have a chosen "career", it's planned and calculated...they don't do it for the love of people. I also think your wrong about some of your other thoughts...I know too many people that honestly believe god has spoken to Bush....these same people, if anyone else were to tell them god talks to them, would dismiss them as nuts!

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   
You know, its kind of funny that when a Liberal complains about Bush's proclimation of making descisions based on what God told him, conservatives have a hissy fit and say "Oh, he IS a holy man. He IS a devout whatever. Dont mock my president!" BLAH BLAH BLAH! Now when the shoe is on the other foot, the conservatives decide that: politics and government dont mix; Hillary is a hypocrite for stating her beliefs; BLAH BLAH BLAH!

GET OVER IT! Some of the conservatives on this board are the most hypocritical people I have ever met

According to neocons, the only way you can believe in God is if your one of them.........I wonder if this is really what Bush ment when he said "Your either with us or Agianst us."

Pure hypocracy in its dirtiest, nastiest form.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger
You know, its kind of funny that when a Liberal complains about Bush's proclimation of making descisions based on what God told him, conservatives have a hissy fit and say "Oh, he IS a holy man. He IS a devout whatever. Dont mock my president!" BLAH BLAH BLAH! Now when the shoe is on the other foot, the conservatives decide that: politics and government dont mix; Hillary is a hypocrite for stating her beliefs; BLAH BLAH BLAH!

GET OVER IT! Some of the conservatives on this board are the most hypocritical people I have ever met

According to neocons, the only way you can believe in God is if your one of them.........I wonder if this is really what Bush ment when he said "Your either with us or Agianst us."

Pure hypocracy in its dirtiest, nastiest form.

First of all, I find Hillary's religious statements to be novel, therefore a bit suspect whereas Bush has been a born-again Christian for 18 years; however I'm willing to believe it is genuine if she carries through with it if she is elected. I find it hypocritical when liberals attack Bush for being religious but when Hillary is out proclaiming God and religion, it's perfectly fine.

<<   2  3 >>

join