It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holy Hillary!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by southern_cross3
edit: P.S. Those of you who are labelling both Clinton and Bush as hypocrites are most likely nonreligious yourself, in which case you'd do better to either:

1. Shut your mouth.
2. Go in the corner and pray.
3. Just go to hell, as you're going there anyway.

[edit on 1/23/2005 by southern_cross3]

Refresh my memory friend. Where in my bible might I find God's endorsement of Bush and the promise that I will go to hell if I oppose him?
Perhaps the good people at Gideons had a printing error and left the Gospel According to Dubya out of my bible.

President Bush told the world they were with us or against us, but he took no action against our allies who clearly were not with us.

President Bush tore Kerry a new anus for not voting for funds to equip our troops, even though his own DoD was leaving troops under-equipped for armor etc.

So you tell me what it's called when a person says one thing and does another. Actually your bible doesn't stop with the word hypocrites for people like that. Would you prefer that we called the Bush administration "Ye brood of vipers!"?

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   

edit: P.S. Those of you who are labelling both Clinton and Bush as hypocrites are most likely nonreligious yourself, in which case you'd do better to either:

1. Shut your mouth.

As opposed to blathering on your distorted, biased opinions on religion, which is truly an alien subject for you. It's no surprise that you're so confused.

Please keep the discussion civil. You may recieve a warning or further actions in the future if you post in this manner. There is no need in attacking people for their views or opinions like this.

Also please review the site terms and conditions of use linked below.

[edit on 23-1-2005 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   

1. Shut your mouth.

I dont think God would appreciate you talking like that now would he/she?

I believe you should keep in mind that just because someone is not religous, it does not mean that they are not spiritual. Get off your high religous horse and step back down to reality. I think you might want to do the first thing you suggested to someone like me.

1. Shut your mouth.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Hillary wants to find "common ground" with pro-lifers, seeks to reduce number of abortions:

Clinton said more needed to be done to prevent unplanned pregnancies, promoting adoption, recognizing the influence of religion in abstinence and championing "teenage celibacy."
"We can all recognize that abortion in many ways represents a sad, even tragic choice to many, many women," Clinton told the annual conference of the Family Planning Advocates of New York state.

"The fact is that the best way to reduce the number of abortions is to reduce the number of unwanted pregnancies in the first place."

Washington Times

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Damn it, why won't John McCain or Powell run? They are conservative, not republican. Some republicans would sink with the ship instead of voting on a bill, even if it was the greatest bill ever, if it was proposed by a democrat. But Those two, they did/do what is good for the people! Powell actually told Bush's bitches to shove it and told the truth to the people. WHich is why he was forced to resign, he wasn't a bitch to Bush.

Also, The Clintons have gone/been going to church for years, they just haven't gone out with 10lbs crosses on their necks while speaking in tounges or whatever. Just cause she is a woman with power shouldn't scare you, sure she would mop the floor with Bush in a debate, or a thinking contest, or a speaking contest, but that doesn't mean she is evil and against god cause Bush, no matter how much he says it, doesn't speak to god and wasn't put in power by any god. Also, think that why Hilary says god instead of jesus or Allah or Budda, so she doesn't piss off the other 33.33% of the people in the country who aren't christian.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Text Black It just makes me ill to hear and see that ole Hillary is now a Christian,let alone Dubya. For those two to say they are Christian is just nauseating.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Why should the Republicans be the only ones to pretend to be Religious to get elected? This is America, the Democrats have just as much right to be hypocrites as the Republicans

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Well Amuk, hillary is a woman, how dare she say she is religous when the ible clearly tells women to be the slaves of their husband?(sarcasm)

And she, and her family, have been going to church FOR YEARS! She didn't just wake up last sunday and decide to go to church for votes, she has been going FOR YEARS! Even before Bush was a "born again". SO who is more holy? She been going longer then him... just cause she is a woman doesn't mean she isn't religous.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Rasmussen Reports will be publishing a twice-monthly report on Hillary's move to the center:

April 6, 2005--Sixty-three percent (63%) of Americans say it is somewhat or very likely that Senator Hillary Clinton will be the Democratic nominee in 2008.

With this in mind, Rasmussen Reports is launching the Hillary Meter--a twice monthly measure of Senator Hillary Clinton's effort to move to the political center. For as long as the former First Lady is a viable candidate for the White House, we will continue to monitor public perceptions of her political ideology.

As part of the process, we'll measure her favorability ratings and also find out how many people will definitely vote for her or against her. From time-to-time, we'll test her numbers on a state-by-state basis with a special interest in the marginally red states that a Democrat must win to capture the White House.

The first edition of the Hillary Meter finds that Senator Clinton has been somewhat successful in moderating her image over the past couple of months. Currently, 43% of Americans view the former First Lady as politically liberal. That's down from 51% at the end of January.

Keep up with Hillary's relentless march to the right here: Rasmussen Hillary Meter

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I would rather have Hillary Clinton be our presedent then John Kerry. I think she would not be as liberal. However, neither would be nice.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

Bush was religious all along because he already was.

Bull! Are you trying to me that Dubya displays the action of religious Christian!? If that's what Christianity is...is it any wonder why the Christian churches are losing ground!? He's pretender that says god talks to him! The man needs professional help!

Yep, Bush was an alcoholic for how many years? Now he's a recovering alcoholic exhibiting the classic symptoms of such a person. Would a good Christian only allow 15 minutes to review complex legal cases that lead to the death penalty for over 150 people? Would Jesus condone bombing innocent women and children and torture? I don't think so.

Everyone who knows what happened in Waco won't vote for her, everyone who knows that she's full of crap about this religious stuff won't vote for her.

Cynthia McKinney for President 2008!

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Well I am in no position to question any politicians true beliefs unless I have personally interacted with them. Hey if Bush really takes Christ as his Savior, then good for him. He also understand that whatever wrong he deos the Lord will judge him accordingly. The same goes for Hilary. I have n reason for believing she does not have Christ in her heart. If its just a front, well the lord will judge her accordingly as well.

Honestly I dont understand why people have this resentment towards Hilary for running for president. I am all for any woman being president right now because in all of U.S. history we have always had a male leader and in all of U.S. history we have always been in some conflict somewhere in the world. It would be very nice just to see for a change what a woman leader would pull off. Even if she doesnt do as the best she can, omg people its only 4 years. You can be happy with Bush for 8 years but you cant even give a woman a chance to run a country? Please can we get with the times.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Hillary the Faith-Based Initiative Champion:

In a speech at a fund-raising dinner for a Boston-based organization that promotes faith-based solutions to social problems, Clinton said there has been a "false division" between faith-based approaches to social problems and respect for the separation of church of state.

"There is no contradiction between support for faith-based initiatives and upholding our constitutional principles," said Clinton, a New York Democrat who often is mentioned as a possible presidential candidate in 2008.

Addressing a crowd of more than 500, including many religious leaders, at Boston's Fairmont Copley Plaza, Clinton invoked God more than half a dozen times, at one point declaring, "I've always been a praying person."

The Clinton's have always crossed over the centrist line a bit too far for my tastes. Let's face it, they're conservatives. Always have been.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Hillary wants to find "common ground" with pro-lifers, seeks to reduce number of abortions:

Clinton said more needed to be done to prevent unplanned pregnancies, promoting adoption, recognizing the influence of religion in abstinence and championing "teenage celibacy."
"We can all recognize that abortion in many ways represents a sad, even tragic choice to many, many women," Clinton told the annual conference of the Family Planning Advocates of New York state.

"The fact is that the best way to reduce the number of abortions is to reduce the number of unwanted pregnancies in the first place."

Washington Times

I think that trying to find a common ground on abortion is a good thing because most Americans approve on restricting abortion (like me)

Heres the link: www.pollingreport.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dances With Angels
I think that trying to find a common ground on abortion is a good thing because most Americans approve on restricting abortion (like me)

Heres the link: www.pollingreport.com...

Common ground is always good. Hillary is not unique in sharing every Americans concerns to reduce the number of unwanted pregnancies and abortions. But being very familiar with current polling on abortion rights issues (and prevalent misdirection on those issues) including the polls reported on that very page, I believe it's a very unusual framing or netting of false subgroupings that would create a majority for restricting rights further. I mean if you're including the already banned partial birth abortions, sure. That's supported by a majority. But I believe it's disingenuous to say most americans want to reduce rights further. There's a difference in reducing the number of abortions and restricting rights to abortion. The common ground is in the result.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   
There is going to be a new ABC tv show called Commander-in-Chief starting this fall. The first thing I thought of was Hillary.

How do the people in NY think she is doing as a Senator. Who else do the Dems have to run in 2008?

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   
At first she may be able to pull it off, but sustain popularity and gain momentum? Nah. People with real morals will see right through the religion thing and her parroting on illegals. As far as I see it, the Dems are grasping at straws for 2008.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by cryptorsa1001
How do the people in NY think she is doing as a Senator. Who else do the Dems have to run in 2008?

I live in New York, and am a die-hard Republican, but I must admit most people here think she's doing a pretty good job I think.

By land area, New York is actually quite Republican but the huge population of New York City skews the state. However, Hillary has done a lot of work in the red counties upstate and actually has a lot of support up there.

She's also been very hawkish and supportive of the military, unlike many of her Democratic colleagues.

Whether this is her genuine feelings and the way she'd act if elected President is the big question mark for me.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Hillary just like Bush has taken the deal with the Devil.They will both burn for there actions. i only hope it was a smokescreen she was using to further her real goals to better the world once she gets elected..then maybe she will escape the flames!!if she is a real religous person she knows God sees all and will punish all accordingly..we all have to be cleansed of our sins. once you take the deal there is usually no turning back!!

[edit on 16-12-2007 by KLSyesca]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join