It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DNC Hacker Guccifer 2.0 Confirms Russia Wasn't Behind Leaks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
So much for Hillary's case on blaming the Russians for the DNC leaks! In a correspondence with the Wall Street Journal, Guccifer 2.0 has explicitly stated that the only connection they have to Russia is that it was connected to one of the proxies he used.

The correspondent identifying itself as Guccifer 2.0 mocked any connection between an IP address that has ties to Russia and the breaches, asking, “If I drive BMW, does it mean I’m German?”

The correspondence was all done over social media and came from the account that was used to release documents, meaning it's highly unlikely that the messages were from an imposter.

WSJ

A correspondent identifying itself as Guccifer 2.0, in a series of direct messages sent to The Wall Street Journal through social media, said these allegations were “nonsense.”

“I read several reports, some experts found out that my proxy IP is hosted at a service that’s somehow connected with Russia and has a version in Russian as well as in English,” Guccifer 2.0 wrote. “This is their strong evidence,” he wrote, adding a smile emoticon.

I'm a bit in shock that they could blame the Russians if all they had was a loose connection to a proxy server. Seems very irrational especially when you consider that Hillary has stated we will use military force if hit with a cyber attack. It's almost as though she wants a war with Russia.

Had to add this little gem:

Asked if it had more information to make public, the correspondent said, “I certainly have more info.”

Ghost
edit on 7-9-2016 by ghostrager because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
They can blame the Russians now, then later claim they never did. And the media and their followers won't care. The exact same scenario happened with Benghazi
edit on 7-9-2016 by jjkenobi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Probably just banking on the hope that we Americans are still brainwashed into automatically associating Russia with Bad.

Ooooooh the RUSSIANS hacked us! Take our side our lovely pets!

Nope. Not today Satan.

-Alee

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Honest question, how do these hackers truly go undetected? I thought everything was traceable, and the US has all these different alphabet agencies with huge budgets and state of the art infrastructure, but they struggle greatly to find these hackers? Even if you're hiding on different IPs in other countries, isn't that still traceable? (not too familiar with how these things go down, from cyber security vs hackers)...

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

Sounds just like the sort of thing people working for Russian Intelligence would say.

They could easily prove it wasn't the Russians either - with proof that wouldn't compromise them. Although I'd much rather it be a guessing game, but I would appreciate more leaks from them if they do indeed have more information.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537
Honest question, how do these hackers truly go undetected? I thought everything was traceable, and the US has all these different alphabet agencies with huge budgets and state of the art infrastructure, but they struggle greatly to find these hackers? Even if you're hiding on different IPs in other countries, isn't that still traceable? (not too familiar with how these things go down, from cyber security vs hackers)...

We give too much credit to the NSA and the FBI along with NIS and DHS etc. They don't control the internet, not by a long shot.

They excel in broad capturing of data, they are very bad at going through it and finding how that data correlates to facts in the real world.

If they were any good at it, they would be screaming from the rooftops about how great their clandestine operations are working so well, considering all the push back they got for it after the Wikileaks reveal and such.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I thought about that also. But, I think blaming the Russians is a way to keep people enraged with them and take the focus od the scandals.

The timing of the interview is also a bit strange as Assange is stating that he will be releasing the first set of new information next week.

It could be because they don't want the Hillary camp to try to spin the new leaks and put the attention back on the Russians again.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
The Clinton Campaign needs to address this quickly and bigly.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Don't see why Russia would be after Hillary hooked them up with that sweet uranium deal...[url=http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/us/cash-flowed-to-clinton-foundation-as-russians-pressed-for-control-of-uranium-company.html?_r=0]Link[/ url]

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
It must have been the Putin led alt-right shadowy organisation that did it.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Oh we should believe him.
Sorry US intelligence confidence is high it's Russia.
I don't doubt their capacity.
I guess if it serves in the crucifixion of Clinton it's ok though.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

Russia is bad.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

You forget the South Park dude.

Honestly, between Russia and Nazis, the Clinton Campaign has their stock Hollywood villains all covered don't they?

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Yeah cause the US intelligence agency has never lied to or mislead the American people before. Especially when it comes to the USSR... oh wait Sorry it's Russia now, so completely different now. Things have changed so much since the days of the Red Scare.

Addendum: So you feel better. Our intelligence agencies didn't lie. They simply greatly over exaggerated what little evidence they had could possibly imply.
edit on 9/7/2016 by Puppylove because: Addendums are fun!

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Well crud. They were getting desperate to say Trump had an involvement in it too. My thing is, who cares who was involved... You broke the law, we shouldn't focus on the messenger.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Can't read the full story without subscription.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

So if your kid lied to you you would never believe them ever again for the rest of their lives?

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

LOL if my kid lied on a consistent basis I certain wouldn't just believe them. I think at that point a bit of healthy skepticism is warranted. Our intelligence agency has long since lost the benefit of the doubt and moved onto open suspicion. This dog has bit my hand far too many times for me to remove all caution.

Also are you comparing the intelligence community from the Red Scare days to a 5 year old caught with his hand in the cookie jar, and implying they've grown up and became respectable adults? Cause that's just silly. If anything they've gotten worse not better. They've moved on from stealing cookies to breaking and entering.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

I gotta trust the system that got bin Laden. I gotta trust the system that got Saddam Hussein.
I gotta trust the system that got Guccifer and Snowden and Assange or at least set them on the road as refuges.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

I'm sooooo not going down that rabbit hole with you. I'll keep my sanity in tact, thanks.

Going to have to agree to disagree, cause I'd like to keep all my hair, or at least what I have left.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join