It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chlorine attack deepens fears among besieged Aleppo residents

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

Really...Syria has been barrel bombing their country for as long as this war has been going on, but hey who needs facts right?

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: Azureblue

Really...Syria has been barrel bombing their country for as long as this war has been going on, but hey who needs facts right?

Like Iraq were killing their own and Afghanistan were too....?....

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

People do die in war...but that doesn't make it right to use dumb bombs on civilian areas now does it.

This is nothing new for Assad...he doesn't care about the people he just doesn't want to lose his power...if he cared about his people or his country he would have stepped down and allowed elections for a new president.

The fact that he refuses to do so shows he cares nothing about what the Syrian people want.

As for the main comment of people die in war...remember that the next time you bash the US when innocent civilians get caught in the crossfire, or get killed mistakenly.

Although the US tries hard to keep that from happening in Syria.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Are we discussing Syria or other places?

Did barrel bombs get dropped by government forces in either of those countries?

Are barrel bombs something Assad has been doing during this war in Syria?

I guess we should just dismiss the facts here that the Syrian regime is the only entity in this war that has been doing this?

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

You mentioned dictators killing their own people.....i was under the impression that we invaded both Iraq and Afghanistan to protect the people from the evil dictators ....Am i wrong ?

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 04:01 AM
link   

People do die in war...but that doesn't make it right to use dumb bombs on civilian areas now does it.

Oh please! The US uses, or supplies for others to use, nice shiny high tech bombs and missiles that take out the alleged bad guys and anyone else nearby, making the claim all the time that those women and children were terrorists too! What about all the cluster bombs supplied to their best buddy Saudi Arabia that are dropped on civilian areas in Yemen? Where is the outrage?

This is nothing new for Assad...he doesn't care about the people he just doesn't want to lose his power...if he cared about his people or his country he would have stepped down and allowed elections for a new president.

What, and hand the country over to US / Saudi backed jihadists? There is no viable government, just bloodthirsty sharia loving murderers. But, they are OUR armed and trained murderers, so that's ok! Look at what a beacon of peace and democracy Libya turned out to be after our timely "intervention" (again, based on concocted "intelligence" and propaganda).

The fact that he refuses to do so shows he cares nothing about what the Syrian people want.

And yet, the majority of Syrian people still support him and don't want some US installed Sharia jihadists and murderers to take over what was a secular state.

As for the main comment of people die in war...remember that the next time you bash the US when innocent civilians get caught in the crossfire, or get killed mistakenly.

Pass the sick bag! When did the US military and the politicians give a hoot about civilian casualties? The body count from US aggression is massive.

Really? Try telling that to all those who have lost loved ones from US bombing or at the hands of the US backed murderers. Bottom line, the political ends always justify the means when it comes to US foreign policy, no matter how many have to die in the process!

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

They will do what they have been doing - ignoring the use of chemical weapons while Syria / Russia blame rebels.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I sesarched the Boston Globe article just for one name. I knew if i would find that name in the article, it isn´t worth anymore to read that article.

Guess what, i found the name, it´s the britain-based "Syrian Observatory for Human Rights".

"The Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said there were intense clashes on Tuesday between the Turkish-backed rebels and Islamic State militants east of the town of al-Rai and surrounding villages, the Associated Press reported."

It´s a one man show of an Assad hater, a man, his computer and his internet access, in southern england. He might have his good reasons to hate the Assad clan, who knows, but to take a man like this as a serious source, that´s laughable. And the western mass/propaganda media uses him the whole time as source. Everytime i listen to the news on german propaganda tv like ARD or ZDF, they use this "source".

Now i wanted to show why one can´t trust this guy, that left Syria more than 20 years ago and never went back since then. Rami Abdulrahman/„Rami Abdul Rahman“/„Rami Abdelrahman“ allegedly is doing what makes others people worldwide "weird conspiracy theorists", but he is a "serious source" for western mass media.

I wanted to take wikipedia a simple example, just to show the critics about that guy and his "Syrian Observatory for Human Rights". "Funny" thing is, in german there is a big part about the critics. I switched to english and wanted to copy and paste, to make it faster for me. Surprise, in english there is no critics section...

It´s too much for me now to translate it, but follow this link and use a translator, please. It´s about credibility, false reports and more.

If i hear the name "Syrian Observatory for Human Rights" in any official news, i can´t take this news seriously anymore.
It´s like mass media would use Alex Jones or David Icke as a serious source. And base everything on that only one source, for years. I don´t know if our propaganda mass media is laughable or if that whole thing is just to cry about it...

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Assad stepping aside would solve nothing.

That horse bolted years ago.

If he stepped aside what would take his place? A power vacume thats what.

Assad evil but the alternatives are worse.

As for US civilian deaths?

My main beef is the USA (and uk) should not be in some of these places full stop. These deaths could be avoided by just not interfering where we dont belong.

If the US caused civilian deaths in a just war I would be more forgiving.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

There is a ongoing propaganda where they keep throwing similar stories and the Syrian Govt. and hope it sticks well enough to bring the bigger guns in a blazing . This WP piece from back in April has all the hall marks as well .

ISTANBUL — An onslaught of airstrikes in rebel-held areas of the Syrian city of Aleppo has killed scores and destroyed a hospital supported by international aid groups, activists and humanitarian workers said Thursday, prompting the United Nations to warn of a “catastrophic deterioration” that could intensify an already dire humanitarian crisis.
www.washingtonpost.com... -4474-842e-559b10e014d8_story.html

Moon of Alabama has his new piece up on this report . www.moonofalabama.org... He keeps very good track of what is being reported and the comment section has some very good links . If you were to consider that that hospital has been blown up many times and doctors killed as has been reported then you have to wonder just how its possible to be in that situation and keep it all maintained . Look at the pic's .

As far as chemical bombs ,it would make no sense for the Syrian Govt. to destroy their best chemical weapons only to use crude ones . There have been reports that the Saudi's have supplied them .There is even YT vids showing the rebels launching them . Right now that part of Allepo is being cut off and will slowly cleaned out .

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Thank you for that info. The question to why someone would use one source is easy. The west has the motive to remove Assad, that source apparently helps the narrative.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Bless old Sunni Rami who runs the Syrian observatory by himself in a modest little house in Coventry inbetween making money from his clothes business

He gets funding from the Eu and I would expect one of the British intelligence agencies

Sounds a very grand title and the media love to mention this rather than saying he's a Syrian who fled his country about 15 years ago and has an agenda to get rid of Assad

You want to feel real sick just google the Syrian national council,these are the people my country and yours see and talk to as the real legitimate government of Syria

I think the guardian newspaper did some research on them and the guys who pull the strings in these attempted regime changes are listed

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
SPAM removed by admin
edit on Sep 16th 2016 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

The Anti Christ is supposed to make war by peace if that makes any sense .another aspect I had not considered that I came across today is that ISIS is a covert Kurdish operation sponsored by the usual actors . Those convoys of ISIS in the Toyota's popping up and headed South makes sense if that is the case . pennyforyourthoughts2.blogspot.ca...

And I think why the issue with Aleppo is that the US and others have special forces stuck inside .If it came out that that is the case it would / could be the ultimate war crime .

top topics

<< 1   >>

join