It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One thing that ATS has taught you

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Not a baseless conclusion.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: pfishy

#tired

edit on 201695 by tikbalang because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

If only I had a dime for every time that happened to me.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

aw s*** wrong post

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

Thought it might have been.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
That anywhere an ego is present attached to some labels or ignorance a war of words that causes zero understanding is about to occur in any post that may cause a flareup.

Some people continually do this on purpose to aggitate, irritate, and cause bans called trolls... I didn't learn that here but as a moderator on another forum.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Sadly, you aren't wrong.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

The only thing that makes me sad about it, is it is hurting the persons doing it and they aren't even aware that thats what they are doing... the trolls same way as that stems from superiority complexes and becomes attention seeking beavior from feeling inadequate or insecure with themselves so to feel better seek out to demean or debase another to feel a sense of power it's a control issue and typically people that cannot control themselves seek out to control other people, information, or anything else not oneself.
edit on 5-9-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Trolls are, I think, a necessary evil on the Internet. To a certain degree. They give us a perspective on who is just too tied up in their feelings, and who isn't worth paying attention to.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Hence the not feeding them

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
There is indeed many very nice and helpful people on ATS.
By reading over the years, have learned about: Controlled opposition; Fiat currency; Black budgets; the obfuscation of history; Buddhism and Taoism; health tips; depression advice; 434hz tuning; Banksters; etc.
There is so much that is freely shared here, from recipes and computer tips, to shining the bright light of accountability on those whom would keep us in chains.
Thanks ATS, and all of the contributing members over the years.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   

edit on 5-9-2016 by ezramullins because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ezramullins

Well, that's the nature of forums and some things are simply a private personal matter... If ATS drops off the web and everyone loses a home then maybe finances should be questioned as for hair? Most woo I've seen all day.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I learned that you never stop learning, and the more you learn the more you realIze the less you know.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   
i learned how to think on ATS. Basic logic, etc.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Rare talent anymore

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   
That ET uses the interweb👀

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   
That sometimes you can learn more about a person from their avatar than from their words.

Freud woulda had a field day.

That there are some GREAT unsung hero researchers out there.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   

It is a Facebook for freaks, full of members that internet like a boss & are used to being banned so it's normally shoot from the hip until the sheriff comes to town, speaking of which, can you imagine what it means to be a moderator around here, you must qualify as an extra special kinda freak.

That there is a place that exists on the internet where sharp minds meet up to discuss those topics deemed unacceptable by the main stream media is a wonderful thing to have.

I love it ear.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   

I've learned to quadruple-check where the information is coming from, what the authors motives are in sharing that information, and to check my own biases or assumptions.
I've learned a lot from ATS

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join