It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Q and A with a 100 Year Old Man

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs
a reply to: SentientCentenarian

well now I'm at a loss because it's clearly you I am referring to but your join date is too late to be the same person.
There is absolutely no way I will be able to find this but it's going to mess with me now..
I defended you to other people back then, probably under another name I used to go by on ATS.. (I had permission to get my new one)

I know you are the same guy...

It will be funny when it turns out this is your first account on ATS and I am from a different timeline where you came here before....

otherwise I will find that topic I'm talking about if it takes going through my entire post history for the last 5 years.

You say 2 years ago an ATS member interviewd you for a radio show.. But you have only been a member here for about a month and a half..

I remember you from before that.

I am not wrong.

Please explain.

This will drive me insane if you are telling the truth right now..

I'm dead serious.

Lol - I was recruited at the age of 98 to be interviewed for the show and I'm thinking you heard it (which means it won't be in a post). The interviewer was my next door neighbor at the time.

I have only been a member for a few weeks now.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Hello SC (and companion!)
What a wonderful thread and happy spiritedness you have. Thank you so much for sharing.

A question I have for you.. what would your current self tell your, say.. 30 year old self? Any specific words of wisdom or guidance?

Thank you and I will try to think of better questions!

ps.. Thanks for the event retelling of the Battle of LA! Wow that must have been something to see in person
edit on 4-9-2016 by Starcrossd because: added info

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: SentientCentenarian

Lol - I was recruited at the age of 98 to be interviewed for the show and I'm thinking you heard it (which means it won't be in a post). The interviewer was my next door neighbor at the time.

I have only been a member for a few weeks now.

the radio show sounds familiar as well as the timeline.. like 3 years ago..
but I saw this on ATS...

Gawd if I can't find the posts...

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Wonderful thread, so glad you've joined ATS and I will be attentive to your posts in the future.

So, um, do your thoughts still wander, once in a while, to notions of romance? Would you like to fall in love again?

(If too personal, ignore me, I promise to still adore you.)

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Reverbs, maybe you're thinking of the AlonzoTyper thread. It's in the introductions forum from 2012.

Thanks for answering my questions SC--Great thread!

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Starcrossd
Hello SC (and companion!)
What a wonderful thread and happy spiritedness you have. Thank you so much for sharing.

A question I have for you.. what would your current self tell your, say.. 30 year old self? Any specific words of wisdom or guidance?

Thank you and I will try to think of better questions!

You're welcome! This has made my whole day (and I'll need a nap soon)

30 year old self - 'You're going to live to be 100+ years old and you'll be an old coot and you're going to outlive everyone you know now!' Take more pictures! I wouldn't have believed me.

If I was 30 now, I'd say, stay in school and go to college; the college boys I met got paid better than me although a lot of them had no practical experience. One hifaluting 'airplane engineer' had never seen a plane before, when Douglas hired him! They'd nod when the muckymucks were around talking and then ask me what the heck they said when they guys left.

My high school education is only up to 11th grade - that was graduation. Hmmm. Other than that there's the usual 'take care of your teeth'. I still have all my own, so I'm good there.

Read more. I worry that people don't read much now and sound bites don't cut it for learning things in depth.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
Wonderful thread, so glad you've joined ATS and I will be attentive to your posts in the future.

So, um, do your thoughts still wander, once in a while, to notions of romance? Would you like to fall in love again?

(If too personal, ignore me, I promise to still adore you.)

No my wife was my one and only. She ignored me at first in high school and I had to beg her friend to introduce us. First thing she said was 'show me your report card!' I was getting Cs and Bs, if that, back then. She said, 'you'll have to do better than THAT if you're going to date me' and boy, did I buckle down! Got all As after that!

We got along real well and never fought. Just if we had a problem, we'd both talk about it and think and end up both coming to the same conclusions. She was a shell collector and bought and sold thousands of shells all over the world. Some of our vacations were spent going to new beaches to get new shells. After she died, her collection was donated to a museum in Monterey.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
OK, break time - back later.

Thanks everyone!

(post by awareness10 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I imagine you are more interested in questions about the war, cars and the like, but I have one more question. My grandmother told me when she was 80, that she still felt like the same person on the inside, that she did at 35. She said there were days when she could become so absorbed in what she was doing, she'd forget her age, and then pass by a mirror, and it was like, OMG! Oh, this is how it is. Do you ever have moments like that?

Do you feel like you are basically the same person you were at 30 or so, or are you very different?

I would love to see those pictures of you, you mentioned earlier, but only the ones with you in them. I know posting pictures here is a pain in the booty, so if not, it's okay.

(Hey, companion, enjoyed your little 'side note", too. Bawdy, huh? Hmm.)

Thanks SC, and it's so nice to meet you.

Have a nice nap! I love a good nap.

Note to self: Take more pictures.
edit on 9/4/2016 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
What a delightful and fascinating man you are! Love the old car! Love hearing about your life experiences! Thank you so much for such an amazing thread! Thanks also to whoever is typing this out and adding little notes.

My Mom passed away last October at 92. I had a Grandmother that lived to be 90, but I have never known anyone your age before. You're a living antique. LOL! I don't know what to ask that others haven't asked already. I'm just in awe and smiling here. Much love and light to you SC.

OH, I do have a question! May we see a current picture of you?

edit on 4-9-2016 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I have a simple question. Is history repeating itself.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
This is one of the better intros and life stories I've read here and compared to you I'm a junior at 67. Great life story and thanks for sharing.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: SentientCentenarian

No my wife was my one and only. She ignored me at first in high school and I had to beg her friend to introduce us. First thing she said was 'show me your report card!' I was getting Cs and Bs, if that, back then. She said, 'you'll have to do better than THAT if you're going to date me' and boy, did I buckle down! Got all As after that!

We got along real well and never fought. Just if we had a problem, we'd both talk about it and think and end up both coming to the same conclusions. She was a shell collector and bought and sold thousands of shells all over the world. Some of our vacations were spent going to new beaches to get new shells. After she died, her collection was donated to a museum in Monterey.

I completely understand. My husband was my "one and only" too, he passed in 2011. All my friends, family and neighbors are always wanting to introduce me to someone. They don't understand about "one and only" and what it truly means.

Here's a song that always comes to mind when they are pushing me and men are knocking on my door with flowers or gifts, they just don't get it. It's country and it is true to how I feel, maybe you'll like it. Bet the feeling will be familiar. We used to ride through the countryside on all the backroads just winging it. Great moments.

Thanks for sharing your moments with us,

STM

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   

edit on 4-9-2016 by SentientCentenarian because: dp

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join