It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberalism and Political Correctness Heralds the Destruction of America

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: xstealth
4) Studies have shown liberalism is a mental disorder.

Science says liberals, not conservatives, are psychotic
nypost.com...

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
a reply to: xstealth

Firstly, please provide a verifiable link to the correction in the AJPS, because oddly enough I can't find one.

onlinelibrary.wiley.com...
edit on 5-9-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Interesting.

Here goes one from 2008 well in advance of the Special Snowflake Generation running amok:

Psychiatrist Confirms: Liberalism Is a Mental Disorder
Based on strikingly irrational beliefs and emotions, modern liberals relentlessly undermine the most important principles on which our freedoms were founded. Like spoiled, angry children, they rebel against the normal responsibilities of adulthood and demand that a parental government meet their needs from cradle to grave.

A social scientist who understands human nature will not dismiss the vital roles of free choice, voluntary cooperation and moral integrity — as liberals do. A political leader who understands human nature will not ignore individual differences in talent, drive, personal appeal and work ethic, and then try to impose economic and social equality on the population — as liberals do. And a legislator who understands human nature will not create an environment of rules which over-regulates and over-taxes the nation's citizens, corrupts their character and reduces them to wards of the state — as liberals do.

The roots of liberalism — and its associated madness — can be clearly identified by understanding how children develop from infancy to adulthood and how distorted development produces the irrational beliefs of the liberal mind. When the modern liberal mind whines about imaginary victims, rages against imaginary villains and seeks above all else to run the lives of persons competent to run their own lives, the neurosis of the liberal mind becomes painfully obvious.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

But the people asking you to compromise are other citizens. The Constitution applies in only one situation which is in dealings between the state and the individual. If the rest of society doesn't want you to use a specific book, they have the ability to stop you from doing so.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: GodEmperor
The state-run media, that is what I call it because they are vehemently pro-establishment, has stoked the divisions of racial and class warfare. Now I use certain terms as they should be used, authoritarianism is leftism, if you are not authoritarian you are not a leftist. I consider liberalism, the thought process of shifting America away from the ideals of freedom and the Republic; we are already a free society, we are already a Republic, if people want to keep and maintain that system, that is conservatism. Neither party hold these conservative values, they want to destroy American culture, because without a sense of national identity we have no defense against Globalism.

This makes no sense, if you weren't aware (and it appears you're not), authoritarianism isn't measured by the left/right scale which has much more to do with economic systems. It's traditionally authoritarianism/liberalism measured on an up/down axis on that same graph, thus you can have a right wing authoritarian which would get you someone like Mitt Romney, Pinochet, or center-right/up you would get Reagan or Hillary Clinton. Left/up would get you someone like Sanders (though comparing globally even he is only center), while down/right would be someone closer to a libertarian as they're essentially right wing liberals.

Our economic system has become something other than capitalist. Capitalism, or free market, is cyclical and reflects nature; we have to accept the busts along with the booms. However, in light of the massive treasonous bailouts, we are something closer to a term of corporatism or fascism. We are delaying, and compounding a collapse, and now when it does occur it will be apocalyptic.

Our economic system hasn't been capitalist for 100 years or more. There's indications it was never capitalist, or if you want to go more broadly one could argue that no true capitalist nation has ever existed because there has always been government interference in the free market. Incidentally, the most capitalistic nation on earth right now is Singapore and even they have a subsidized national health care system, free college tuition, and even financial assistance for those attending grade school or college.

Americans cannot compromise freedom, but that is exactly what we are seeing, because our rulers have sold the lie of public opinion. The average Americans make decisions without any understanding of the implications, other than what the state-run media has sold them.

Just like the decisions you've made on our economic system? I am 100% sure you haven't figured it out, because even the brightest minds in the field of economics are still baffled at trying to explain in detail how everything works. If the greatest experts in the world can't figure it out and come to a consensus on policy, then what chance do you have of making an informed decision on what you want?

Our republic requires an informed populace, but we are not informed, we are misled and lied to. In light of this, we have two options to get back on the right track: to revamp the education system and reign in the lies by the media, or require anyone who wants to vote to be certified. It sounds terrible, and anti-freedom, but look at what has happened.

Being informed is impossible. I don't argue that our system requires an informed populace... I just don't think that such a requirement is realistic. Any successful modern day system needs to be capable of allowing ignorance to successfully govern. Every one of us could live to be 100, spend 12 hours in school every day of our lives, and by the end of those 100 years we still wouldn't learn enough to be experts on everything. Revamping education doesn't work, because the average voter is always going to have the average level of knowledge on a subject, which is another way of saying the average voter is always going to be uninformed.

I've actually changed on this stance somewhat recently, I used to think it was possible to educate a few in power, so that we could appoint informed voters. I've since realized that even that is impossible. It's simply too broad a job to try and be informed on everything... even with the help and advice of experts.

I also believe we need extreme anti-corruption laws, politicians/police/public Servants should be held to a higher standard because we are placing a lot of trust in them, and when they break that trust it should be considered a High Crime. I would include 24 hour surveillance, with anyone who wishes to view their activities to be able to freely do so. Like JFK said, which I am paraphrasing, secrecy in a free and open society is abhorrent.

It's a nice soundbyte, but nations have to operate in secrecy. To go back to JFK's time, do you think it would have been realistic for the CIA to be upfront with everyone in the country over how they were fighting against the Communists?

Open societies can exist, but they can only exist in nations which aren't seeking to project power around the globe. Convince the government and the citizens that we should retreat from a super power, into a nation that has no reach beyond our borders and you can remove secrecy.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Except, demonstrably more policies, historical viewpoints, and investments are supported on the left by evidence. That evidence includes everything from economics to social sciences to the physical sciences. As has been said, "reality has a liberal bias."

More right wing ideas are naught but traditionalism, religious fundamentalism, ideology, xenophobia, and even sexism and racism.

Note I mean "more," not all. And not all conservatives fall into this.

The main exception I will make to my own statements is that yes, political correctness at its extreme, and the rise of identity politics as an ideology, are very troublesome. I think the left has gone of the rails on this topic.

BUt this idea that liberalism itself is a problem is ridiculous.
edit on 5-9-2016 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: GodEmperor

I meant diversity of any kind, not just that of the West and skin color. Diversity is unavoidable if we are to survive as a species.

Utter rubbish, diversity is that which kills any species.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

a reply to: kaylaluv

There were not 300+ million people living in America 100 years ago.

What does that have to do with anything?

The bond of all peoples was that of America and American culture; the right to free speech, to religion, to defend yourself.

So.... you don't think people who come here from other cultures want to be able to speak freely, worship how they please and be able to defend themselves???

Are you saying, that a Muslim has the right to instill Sharia law? Islam is a culture that does not separate church from state, strict adherence to that culture is not compatible with American values; if they come here, it should be understood that their religious beliefs should never intertwine with government functions.

I don't think Muslims have the right to instill Sharia law in the U.S. Thankfully, most of them don't want to. I also don't want Christians to instill Biblical law in the U.S. either, but that hasn't stopped them from trying.

Americans came here to escape religious persecution, we were the refugees at one time. That is the argument the left likes to tout. How well did the influx of European immigrants go for the Native Americans? How well has any mass migration of people into a new land already populated by others with a different culture throughout the history of mankind gone in terms of 'cultural diversity'?

Just because we failed at it the first time doesn't mean we can't do it right this time. It's called "learning from your mistakes".

You are clearly off your rocker, you say Christians have tried and yet MOST MUSLIMS will not or do not want to try ??

EVERYONE WANTS TO TRY, EVERYONE WHO IS RELIGIOUS, WANTS TO TRY, and the religion they follow DEMANDS IT, DO YOU NOT GET THIS.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Interesting.

Here goes one from 2008 well in advance of the Special Snowflake Generation running amok:

Psychiatrist Confirms: Liberalism Is a Mental Disorder
Based on strikingly irrational beliefs and emotions, modern liberals relentlessly undermine the most important principles on which our freedoms were founded. Like spoiled, angry children, they rebel against the normal responsibilities of adulthood and demand that a parental government meet their needs from cradle to grave.

A social scientist who understands human nature will not dismiss the vital roles of free choice, voluntary cooperation and moral integrity — as liberals do. A political leader who understands human nature will not ignore individual differences in talent, drive, personal appeal and work ethic, and then try to impose economic and social equality on the population — as liberals do. And a legislator who understands human nature will not create an environment of rules which over-regulates and over-taxes the nation's citizens, corrupts their character and reduces them to wards of the state — as liberals do.

The roots of liberalism — and its associated madness — can be clearly identified by understanding how children develop from infancy to adulthood and how distorted development produces the irrational beliefs of the liberal mind. When the modern liberal mind whines about imaginary victims, rages against imaginary villains and seeks above all else to run the lives of persons competent to run their own lives, the neurosis of the liberal mind becomes painfully obvious.

Charming. More insults, this time from teh interwebs.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Just that first sentence...unravels in untruth.
Why would leftists want FREE EDUCATION then?
Why would they implement the HEADSTART program for kids?
And they are the only ones fighting for teachers pay.
Democrats hate ignorance.
Republicans hold it as an American right and privilege (Honey Boo Boo, Duck Dynasty)
Republicans are anti-science

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Can we please make a differentiation between the monsters that are Democrats, and those of us regular people who are true liberals. The Democrat Party is so far removed from True liberal ideals of Freedom, democracy, and equality that it's not funny. They piss me off, make me look bad, and give a bad connotation to the phrase liberal.

A true liberal fights for real equality, Democrats today have lost this vision. I'm not sure where they fall on the Spectrum, but they care more about money and power than they do the rights of others. Things such as Obamacare, other 21st century ideals associated with the Democrat party are liberal.

I'm here to set the record straight. Liberals have not raped America, Democrats have.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
More like Reaganomics.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

China is not really a single culture at all. They have a strong identity of being Chinese sure but there are any number of different ethnicities. Of course 90% of them are Han Chinese so the culture is still very homogeneous in a sense.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

I'm going to have to address each point you've made, it was a good response but I do not agree.

First, the only way liberalism can work is under authoritarian rule. Think about this, the state has to force 'equality', a liberal society cannot exist without the heavy hand of the government. Let's say, we have the (non)authoritarian liberal government, and a company decides they are not going to hire any Christians, well the state is not authoritarian so it can only ask nicely for the company to treat people equally. Let's look at issues like saving the environment, a liberal society that wants to protect the environment must be authoritarian in order to establish mandates and regulations that tightly restrict what companies can do. How about, education and affirmative action, in a liberal society the state would have to force schools to enroll more minority students, even if their credentials are not as good as others, to force inclusion over merit.

Authoritarianism/liberalism go hand in hand, liberalism does not exist under a free society.

Your second point, you are arguing that America has never been a capitalist society, yet when it comes to the liberal criticisms of corporations the term 'unfettered capitalism' is thrown about. You are referring to laissez-faire capitalism, or as liberals refer to 'unfettered capitalism', and in this sense you are correct. I never said I want libertarianism/pure capitalism, in fact I distinctly remember mentioning that we do require some light restrictions(and only in response to gross abuses). I believe in ethical capitalism, and if there are abuses that need addressed, they should be addressed; only as a last resort.

This third point is just silly, history has shown that capitalism is better than any other system. Thanks to capitalism, we do not live in wooden shacks and defecate in outhouses. We have advanced more in that past 100 years, thanks to capitalism, than we have in 10,000 years. Other systems have been attempted, and those have resulted in mass genocide and starvation of millions; No Thank You.

On the fourth point, of being informed, I am not advocating that people must be Omniscient in order to vote. A basic understanding of the functions of government, and a basic knowledge of who is in office and what they have done. Also, if you aren't aware, the popular vote does not decide the leadership, a select few decide- which the serious problem with this is that it is Legal to Bribe the electoral college. Basically my requirement for informed electorate is already fulfilled, except the bribing of these people needs to be addressed immediately.

Ah, so the true nature of liberalism rears it's ugly head in your fifth point. You do not want corruption to be punished, you do not want a free and open society, and you agree that America should dominate and subjugate the rest of the world. Here is something interested for you to think about, politicians must be fully transparent, when it comes to military their decisions do not have to be under a microscope; politicians have no business in the affairs of national defense (that's how we get Iraq fiasco, ISIS, Vietnam, etc).

Thanks for trying.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Loveaduck

Why would leftists want FREE EDUCATION then?

Yes indeed, why would Leftists want government-run education? Indoctrination.

The state run schools are not meant to educate, that is reflective of the test scores, all these schools are meant to do is ensure the students obey orders and conform to the mandates of government. Those who are exceptional, must slow down for the rest of the students, while teachers have to focus on those falling beyond and the unruly; the liberal version of equality.

I've already stated, several times, Republicans are leftist, leftism = authoritarianism. Any party or individual that wants to regulate beyond the upholding of individual rights that do not infringe on others, are leftist.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

Hello LaughingGod,

The thing about China is that their culture is focused around Unity.

You are referring to ethnicity, which is somewhat varied, but Chinese tradition revolves around Strength through Unity.

Throughout the centuries, China has been a multi-ethnic society connected by a commitment to unity, prosperity and harmony. Unity is deep in the blood. That is where our strength lies, and forms the basis for China's interaction with the international community.
Guardian

America used to have that commitment, it was considered patriotism. We do focus on individuality and freedom, but that is the American culture that creates Unity, it is the glue that brings us all together. The leftists have been working hard to destroy the very foundation of America. We will not last if they succeed.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: lenzius

Things such as Obamacare, other 21st century ideals associated with the Democrat party are liberal.

Oh ho!!!

So, forcing people to buy corporate health insurance, or else face harsh penalties by the government are Liberal.

Thank you for bringing the truth to light. I am curious to know what these others '21st century ideals' are, I can guarantee they are authoritarian and anti-American in nature.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Yeah. A real mind jub huh!

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

You are not wrong but...

'There is no greater weapon the right deploys than the ignorance of the average American.' It goes both ways. Just listen to Limbaugh, Hannity, Coulter and O'Reilly and you'll see how the right plays to the ignorance of Americans. Only an Idiot would listen to them...and there you go. Yes you can say the same about the left, but It's wearing blinders to think that only the left is doing things wrong.

Let's talk about political correctness. Is it politically correct to stand for the national anthem? Is it the PC police that get's outraged at the 49ers Quarterback for not standing?

I prefer to live in a country where we don't get outraged by every little thing and get outraged when someone isn't politically correct.

edit on 6-9-2016 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

What you call the 'right', is also the left. I group all authoritarians into one category; Liberalism.

When people need to regulate behavior of others through government, that is liberalism which includes your misguided conception of the right.

If you want to talk PC: Don't really care what somebody does as long as it does not infringe on my rights, I'm not going to be outraged, I may mock them if I think it's dumb.

When it comes to football, I don't watch it. Except I do on occasion watch lingerie football.

edit on 6-9-2016 by GodEmperor because: edit

edit on 6-9-2016 by GodEmperor because: content

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

a reply to: amazing

What you call the 'right', is also the left. I group all authoritarians into one category; Liberalism.

When people need to regulate behavior of others through government, that is liberalism which includes your misguided conception of the right.

If you want to talk PC: Don't really care what somebody does as long as it does not infringe on my rights, I'm not going to be outraged, I may mock them if I think it's dumb.

When it comes to football, I don't watch it. Except I do on occasion watch lingerie football.

So even though we have a right left farce as government and people self identify as conservatives and liberals to fit the brainwashing our media bestows on them, you see everyone as a liberal?

Interesting concept. I need to think about that one.
edit on 6-9-2016 by amazing because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join