It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberalism and Political Correctness Heralds the Destruction of America

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

And just so you know, in the case of Clinton I don't see any equal treatment, does that mean it's an excuse to wipe out one extreme in favor of the other extreme though? No it doesn't, that is just a deflection to ignore the points I made

I really don't see where you are getting this. My arguments are not extreme in any sense, the primary focus should be in teaching the youth the dangers of liberal thought; to serve as a counter to the destructive nature of leftist ideology. Not advocating for some religious theocracy or dictatorship.

You said equal treatment is something along the lines of a bedrock foundation of America. Yet, when I point out that equal treatment is nonexistent in America, you go on the defensive and do not address the inconsistencies in your argument.

If America is doomed without equal treatment, then we are already there. Just the facts. It was the leftists that got Obama in, and the leftists that chose Hillary over Bernie; due to the greatest weapon deployed by the left, ignorance of the average American.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

Ahh, so is the Democrat version of Unity and Diversity, through segregation and apartheid?

Isn't this exactly what you're suggesting in this thread though? Segregation and apartheid? Your argument doesn't make sense.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

What inconsistencies? I never claimed that America had perfect equal treatment today nor do I support "leftists", you're debating with a phantom or something because I never said what you are implying I said.
edit on 9/4/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Could you post the quotes where I suggested this?

American culture comes first, regardless of race or creed.

As it stands, like Iraq, 'diversity' in terms of culture are not all compatible with each other.

If people want to come to America, they must become American, and uphold American values. It may sound terrible, but if we get a culture that prefers Sharia law or Inquisitions over American culture, it will not bode well. Fortunately, when people come to America, they do cast off much of their culture to embrace American freedom; because certain aspects from many different cultures are not compatible with America.

I mean, if we are to be embracing all cultures, how about New Guinea's cultural practices of cannibalism? Since I am such a hate monger, and would oppose such a cultural practice; I am sure the all tolerant left would approve of such a practice, to be sensitive to another culture.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Logarock

If you think about it you and others are saying that american society is doomed without it, Why?

Because we are already a diverse nation and to get rid of diversity means we have to get rid of those who fall outside of the chosen mould somehow. That is not a Republic, a Republic listens to ALL citizens, it does not silence the ones deemed to be unwanted, that's called totalitarianism.

If we silence those deemed unworthy, we have lost the way of what America was founded upon: all men being created equal and deserving equal treatment. That's why America is doomed without diversity.

This is the quote I was referring to. I should note, we do 'get rid of those who fall outside of the chosen mould(sp?)'. What do you think prisons are for?

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Read your last few replies to me, the insinuation that I support such actions is in the replies you made to me.

Culture is always evolving, it is not a static thing, so what we find culturally acceptable may not be culturally acceptable 50 years from now. That constant change comes from borrowing and adapting other cultures' habits into the existing one. Cultural diffusion is an unavoidable byproduct of a global community.

Unless you want to bar any foreigners at all from coming into America then diversity and cultural differences and continual change will happen. And even if you do bar anyone from entering America then that in itself is a cultural change and you have shot yourself in the foot.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Those don't make it very high up the list. Greed and politicians who don't represent the citizens are the main problem.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Cultural diffusion is an unavoidable byproduct of a global community.

Think about that statement. Really think about it. We are not moving towards a 'diverse, myriad of cultures', but to one culture; because that is the only way for Global Cooperation and Unity.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

But what you're suggesting is the same exact thing as gun control where the actions of a few effect everyone who owns a gun. Is it fair to punish a random every day liberal because of what Hillary or anyone high ranking did? That's not fair at all yet it is what you are suggesting.

Prison is a necessary thing but what those prisoners did with any certain weapon should not effect everyone else who uses those weapons responsibly outside of that prison. You are suggesting the opposite with the liberal issue.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

And even if you do bar anyone from entering America then that in itself is a cultural change and you have shot yourself in the foot.

We have already changed on that front, and our culture should be more focused on pragmatism, rather than the whims of what is cool.

Chinese culture practiced foot binding for millenia, hopefully it does not make a comeback; and it should not be acceptable if a large portion of the planet decides to do so.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

There is already a global culture my friend and is not a pretty one, that is because of people refusing to accept others' differences and thus they reject diversity which is an unavoidable trait in itself.

Earth is a VERY diverse place, it seems to work fine other than when humans come and screw everything up. Diversity is unavoidable because it is part of the natural order of things.
edit on 9/4/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

It is fair, we bear the responsibility of our leaders, because we are the ones who put them there.

It is our Duty to always have a keen eye on the abuses of government. The disconnect between us is our definition of Leftism thought.

The true measure of political ideology goes from extreme left(totalitarianism), to extreme right(anarchism). The Democrats/Republicans are Leftists, and Leftist thought is the most pressing issue America is faced with today.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

I didn't put anyone anywhere and I doubt anyone's vote really matters so neither did the American people as a whole. I am not responsible for anyone's actions but my own.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

In a perfect world, political parties would change with every issue. No two peogle agree on every issue, nor should they IMO. Were we an educated people, this might happen, but we are not. Instead of analyzing issues, we argue with emotion and follow our 'leaders' like lemmings to a cliff.

It is no coincidence that our political and economic stability has declined in correlation to our education system.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

There is already a global culture my friend and is not a pretty one, that is because of people refusing to accept others' differences and thus they reject diversity which is an unavoidable trait in itself.

Earth is a VERY diverse place, it seems to work fine other than when humans come and screw everything up. Diversity is unavoidable because it is part of the natural order of things.

Wouldn't you consider that part of nature? Diversity is natural, and it breeds conflict. It is our uniqueness that gives us the ability to overcome nature. We can overcome our diversity, but that requires some form of cultural cohesion that can accomplish this.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   

We see what overcoming nature has done up to this point, overcoming nature only leads to what we have today. The balance nature gives us has been lost in modern society and the industrial age.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

I didn't put anyone anywhere and I doubt anyone's vote really matters so neither did the American people as a whole. I am not responsible for anyone's actions but my own.

It is not just being responsible our actions, but being responsible for our failures to act.

Anomie has crippled America, and it is the leftist educational system that has accomplished this.
edit on 4-9-2016 by GodEmperor because: content

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

We see what overcoming nature has done up to this point, overcoming nature only leads to what we have today. The balance nature gives us has been lost in modern society and the industrial age.

Our objective is not to protect the planet, our objective is to ensure the survival of our species, to evolve into something we can barely fathom. Overcoming nature is exactly what we need, to get off this planet, and populate the universe.

We may not be as fortunate, the next great extinction may be the last.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   

and it is the leftist educational system that has accomplished this.

See, you're putting all blame on one side while ignoring the fact that both sides have contributed to this mess equally. If we're talking numbers then 18 of the last 30 presidents have been Republican and Obama only continued what Bush started.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

It is no coincidence that our political and economic stability has declined in correlation to our education system.

I would argue, that it is by design. The people who support the Leftists, they do not understand, that the rulers want to take us back to the days of monarchies and king-ships. America is the only thing stopping the elite from that realization.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join