It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(1) "Beyond Reality" and "UFO Update" magazines + (2) Northern UFO News by Jenny Randles (170+ PDFs)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
a reply to: IsaacKoi

Humm. I gather that my expose article on Travis Walton in the Winter 1980, No. 5, issue of "UFO Update" has been summarily dismissed for being in that publication. I think it worthy of pointing out that my article was the first one--as far as I know--that detailed the case and suggested that Walton had not been truly abducted, but taken to be healed from his innocently stepping underneath the emissions from the UFO. Since at least 1998 Walton has taken that position, however.

He was sent a copy of that article months before it was published. I did not get a reply. I have no ill will toward him.

Here's a real expose:
badufos.blogspot.com...
Monday, February 13, 2012
Travis Walton vs. Philip J. Klass

And if you Google Travis Walton hoax you'll get a lot of good stuff pointing to Walton as being a hoaxmeister.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: klassless

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: mindrape

I had no idea that later, on a dark mountain top, I would be confronted by the real thing.

It didn't appear or behave like anything I had read back then.

I wonder how many of these stories are contrived for purposes of infotainment, to bore everyone to death?
I've had a similar experience. What I saw was not a saucer and did not behave like the ones in the reports. But it was definitely technological and definitely (based on the technology supposedly around at the time) not a conventional man-made craft.

Very few people I have met in person who have seen one have described saucers.

Thanks for coming back with your shared experience. I couldn't say what shape the 'thingy' I saw, it was dark and appeared as a blue light, but like you also said it was technological and not from here.

My first sighting in Orange County, California, was of a classic shape reminiscent of the Meier Beamship which is the shape Bob Lazar claims he saw at Area 51. What was burned into my memory and made my arms tremble is that I saw it with binoculars and it was not distant, it was in front of a mountain range and maybe a few hundred feet in the air where it seemed to be riding an invisible ocean behaving as on gentle waves. Every other sighting that I had was magnificent but that first one, oh boy!

Strangers next to us had binoculars, we didn't. That guy was so freaked by what we were looking at he and his entourage split after we talked with them about it. I only had the one actual sighting. The one I saw was also below the valley ridge line, beginning closer to our position but ending up bisecting the valley flying straight and level, impossibly fast and totally silent. Prettiest blue, not super bright just... neon blue.

Edit: You said Orange County, this was SF Bay area, south bay, Santa Cruz ridge line, late 70's.
edit on 5-9-2016 by intrptr because: Edit:

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Thanks for coming back with your shared experience. I couldn't say what shape the 'thingy' I saw, it was dark and appeared as a blue light, but like you also said it was technological and not from here.
I didn't say it wasn't from here. I don't know where it was from but it was not conventional technology.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Isaac, just wanted to add to the well deserved respect for all of this work. It is amazing and much appreciated.

I have written down the missing Northern UFO News issues in your list - there being 7 (plus one another Barry Greenwood has).

I am sure I will have copies of the early ones that are missing from 1974 - 1976. Will try to figure out how to complete the set.

There were also a few special editions covering various things. One on Rendlesham in 1982 that was a very early account.

Maybe we can get those done as well. (Jenny)
edit on 5-9-2016 by Jayceedove because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-9-2016 by Jayceedove because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Thanks for posting. I may spend hours reading these!

In #37, page 47 (May/June1979), there is an ad where you can order an actual piece of The Great Pyramid sealed in a small lucite pyramid, for 9.95 + shipping, awesome!

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I didn't say it wasn't from here. I don't know where it was from but it was not conventional technology.

The thing I saw was not earth tech and yet, it was technical. That was clear to me. Sorry about implying that about your encounter.

Everything that occurred during the event added up to convince me of this. All told that is, it wasn't from earth. Nothing we have violates the laws of physics like it did. I don't have a problem extrapolating to conclude it wasn't from earth. They have this way of proving that despite ones best denials or rationalizations.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
great work....star for you, for devoting the time and effort to put this on ATS....a big HAZZAH!!

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: IsaacKoi

Hi Isaac.

I've been having a bit of a break from ATS due to family matters. However thanks once again for your tireless work in helping bring these publications to the internet totally free of charge. I do believe it aids research.

As you may know Jenny Randles is an ATS member and has posted on this site recently. I echo your comments about Jenny as a very level headed researcher. So it's great to be able to read her material. Unfortunately due to her role as a full time carer she has had to curtail her writing activities in the past decade or so. I do hope there is more to come from Jenny but we shall see.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: klassless

I had no idea that later, on a dark mountain top, I would be confronted by the real thing.

It didn't appear or behave like anything I had read back then.

I wonder how many of these stories are contrived for purposes of infotainment, to bore everyone to death?
I've had a similar experience. What I saw was not a saucer and did not behave like the ones in the reports. But it was definitely technological and definitely (based on the technology supposedly around at the time) not a conventional man-made craft.

Very few people I have met in person who have seen one have described saucers.

My first sighting in Orange County, California, was of a classic shape reminiscent of the Meier Beamship which is the shape Bob Lazar claims he saw at Area 51. What was burned into my memory and made my arms tremble is that I saw it with binoculars and it was not distant, it was in front of a mountain range and maybe a few hundred feet in the air where it seemed to be riding an invisible ocean behaving as on gentle waves. Every other sighting that I had was magnificent but that first one, oh boy!

Strangers next to us had binoculars, we didn't. That guy was so freaked by what we were looking at he and his entourage split after we talked with them about it. I only had the one actual sighting. The one I saw was also below the valley ridge line, beginning closer to our position but ending up bisecting the valley flying straight and level, impossibly fast and totally silent. Prettiest blue, not super bright just... neon blue.

Edit: You said Orange County, this was SF Bay area, south bay, Santa Cruz ridge line, late 70's.

My memory bank is open and my first sighting took place from the backyard of our friends' home in Santa Ana, CA. There's a mountain ragne to the west of their house and I could see it from their backyard. I started by appreciating the view of the mountains and when I moved the binoculars they came to rest on the "craft". My arms started to tremble at the closeup sight and I walked about 15-20 feet to a low wooden fence separating the properties. When I rested my arms on the fence I wasn't able to find the "craft" again so I just rushed into the house and excitedly told my wife and friends about the sighting.

edit on 07/03/2016 by klassless because: To correct grammar.

edit on 07/03/2016 by klassless because: To correct grammar.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: klassless

Cool... Ever stop to think it drew you to observe it, however briefly?

The sighting I had with half a dozen friends was sufficiently intense and lengthy to get us bickering while it still was in sight. What is its, followed by naaahhh, can't bes, then more arguing.

My best friend and I were arguing its velocity, I said, must have been a plane, he points look at all the other aircraft in the sky, they are standing still compared to that. Then we turned to see it still there way down at the end of the valley. "Lets see where it goes", just as I said that it abruptly changed direction at speed and climbed into a nimbus cloud at the end of the valley. The only cloud in an other wise perfectly clear sky. It did not come out the top. The sudden angular direction change and the disappearance into the cloud made us both exclaim Whoooa! loud enough that everyone else stopped arguing and go what, what? We did the, it went woosh and gone with our arms .

Our circle of friends broke up shortly after that night, we couldn't get past the stigma back then of talking about these things. You just didn't do it.

I kept wanting to talk about it and my friends wanted to forget it.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jayceedove
Isaac, just wanted to add to the well deserved respect for all of this work. It is amazing and much appreciated.

Many thanks for the kind words Jenny. I'm happy to share. Of course, any credit should really go to Robert Moore and our friends at the AFU in Sweden since they are the ones that did all the hard work of doing the scanning. I just pester other people to do some work that I think would be useful to the UFO community...

I have written down the missing Northern UFO News issues in your list - there being 7 (plus one another Barry Greenwood has).

I am sure I will have copies of the early ones that are missing from 1974 - 1976. Will try to figure out how to complete the set.

If you just let me know (here, on Facebook or by email) when you find some/all of the missing issues then I'll sort out getting those ones scanned as well.

<< 1   >>

join