It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alt-Righters

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

You bring up an interesting point on compromise.

Is a right still a right if you have to compromise to express it?

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I would have to say no. Just look at how old adages and expressions get lambasted by the left because they might have meant something different a century ago.

Compromise is loss. It will always be loss.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

You make good points.

I'd simply add that identifying as alt-right is probably entirely pointless. Its kind of like the old, traditional Conservatism in that its about a severely shrinking demographic percentage of the US population. Its kind of like being a Crown Loyalist during the Revolutionary war of 1776. Ultimately there were so few of them they had to move to Canada. So, identifying with Alt-Right is much akin to identifying with or siding with modern day Monarchists.

For me at least, it seems rather silly and pointless to identify with dying causes. Its kinda like, its hard to be a flat earther after you've seen the photos of the Earth from outer space.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

You forgot cisgender. And heterosexual. You know. Anti-PC

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

Any time the left labels anything, they must make it about race.

The left didn't make the Alt-Right about race...the Alt-Right made themselves about race.

Really?
You're an alt right expert now?
Because if you actually LISTEN to what Hillary said in her tinfoil hat speech the left most definitely made it about race. I'll link it so you can give the whole paranoid rant a once over and try and convince me she isn't completely off base here. The best is when she leads up the the mastermind she believes is behind all this.
Not saying it's Russians.
But...
PUTIN!!!
You can't make this stuff up!

Most on this thread tossing the term around never even heard the term Alt-Right before last week. How do I know this? Because not a single one of you ever uttered it until just recently. Like a bunch of sheep!

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Harambe leads the Alt + Right Arrow

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc

You forgot cisgender. And heterosexual. You know. Anti-PC

I meant hetero when I said straight and I have no idea what cisgender means lol

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Oh I must have missed that bit about being straight! I don't blame you for not knowing what cisgender is as I had to look it up myself. It's normal people. Born a male? You accept that. Born a female? You accept that. Normal. One of the least PC things to do, to label something as normal.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Heard about it months ago. It was suggested that it was my ideology.
edit on 1-9-2016 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: DanDanDat

I think it has a lot to do with the media accepting and using the term. Which is sort of handy since there is in fact a division within the party. So it helps label which group you're talking about because no longer can you just say Conservatives, or The Right and be talking about a unified ideology at all.

Neocons are more Imperialist and Global in their objectives while AltRight is, or at least alleges to be against those things and are more Nationalist thinking. There are major differences between the groups.

That's a good explanation of why it is a needed label. Too separate the division between th two dominant subgroups with in the conservative group of people. Globalist vs Nationalist or Establishment vs Anti-establishment.

If there was a "Right" of yesteryear there is clearly a "Right" and an "Alternative Right" now.

But it would seem that "Alt Right" is also being used to label people who are conservative bigots. And while their is over lap between conservative anti-establishment and conservative bigots (as there are bigots in almost every group of people) ... it would seem most of the use of "Alt Right" is being used to blur the line between the two groups in a clear use of propaganda technics.

I just find it fascinating how fast we adopt the propaganda. Don't misunderstand I see that this happens across the political spectrum; this is just a resent and very clear example.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc
Oh I must have missed that bit about being straight! I don't blame you for not knowing what cisgender is as I had to look it up myself. It's normal people. Born a male? You accept that. Born a female? You accept that. Normal. One of the least PC things to do, to label something as normal.

Youre fecking kidding me!!!!

A cismale is just a male?
Doesnt anyone in real life use these terms?
I normally appreciate and enjoy being taught new things but thats just ridiculous and has made me feel ill.

Using thar logic we need a new word for wet water to distinguish it from water.

Theres just no fecking words, Im done with this planet.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Sorry for making you feel ill, but we may in fact end up needing to use it if the PC police make it a hate crime otherwise. I agree it is ridiculous. There are other terms related to sexuality that make no sense and shouldn't exist, but they do.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
One thing I find interesting about this "alt-right" is that it brings together racists and the most intelligent people on the internet to fight a common enemy. Political Correctness.

If there are any racists reading this I am curious as to what they think about that. If ATS has a private messaging system you can send me a msg to discuss. #lurker.

That being said. I don't think the label is correct because it is not a left or right thing (IMO). It is about critically examining issues in the context of the realities that only awake people can see. Left or right is an illusion. We are all the just meat on bones with broken brain syndrome.

Can anyone think of a better label?? I wish we didn't have to but it seems like it is unavoidable. The label should not be political at all (IMO).

alt-zeitgeist neo-realists??? Uhhhhhmm?

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: twigbaby

the most intelligent people on the internet

Who is that?

I'm genuinely curious.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Anyone that looks for the truth above all else and uses their own senses to find it.

edit on 1-9-2016 by twigbaby because: pluralizaton

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
Doesnt anyone in real life use these terms?

Yes, people do.

Using thar logic we need a new word for wet water to distinguish it from water.

Ice, melted ice.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

You mean depending upon who's using it?? Yeah, that's pretty much something you have to expect.

If it's the other side using the term then they'll most likely use it with a slightly different and most likely negative way and pointing out certain characteristics that they disagree with. This happens on both sides all the same.

For someone on the Left they'll use the term Progressive with a different meaning than someone on the Right who uses it as a negative label. Same goes with this. The Left will use "Alt-Right" along with terms like bigot, racist or whatever based on the Alt-Rights Anti-Multicultural position. Which to be fair may or may not actually apply. While some Alt-Right people just want secure boarders and proper immigration there are some that take it much further. So it just depends.

The same goes for when someone talks about Progressives as being SJW and Safe Spacers and the like. This is sometimes very accurate but not always. But those who oppose them will always refer to it under that context while ignoring any other version of it.

There are even some similar things with Alt-Righters and NeoCons in some areas. There is always some bit of crossover between groups. The Alt-Right to me just seem like a young new tribe of Conservatives. They're not like the old style Conservative, nor are they the NeoCons of the last decade exactly. But they have some things in common with them and some things that are not in common at all.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: twigbaby

Anyone that looks for the truth above all else and uses their own senses to find it.

LOL...that's pretty vague.

What if someone falls into this category...but seems to disagree with everything the Alt-Right stands for and believes in?

Or do you think the Alt-Right is the truth, and so siding with them would be a pre-requisite?

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
I say embrace it and wear it as a badge of honour.
This takes away any power it has to be used in a derogatory way

Ill proudly say it
MY NAME IS IKNOWSTUFF AND IM ALT-RIGHT

Damn that felt good

I think you might should be careful your not aligning with people who don't feel the way you do.

The fundamental difference between the alt-right and conservatives is,

Conservatives think European/western civilization created a set of values better than everyone else's, but anyone willing to 100% accept those values can join and be perfectly assimilated and sucessful.

The alt right is that European/western civilization created a better society BECAUSE they are European society. That other cultures can never assimilate, that we are all just too different.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
So who leads the "alt-Right"? Who named it? What is the website? Where are the groups official statements of beliefs?

The Alt-right was coined by Richard Spencer.

White supremacist Richard Spencer, who runs the National Policy Institute, a tiny white supremacist think tank, coined the term “Alternative Right” as the name for an online publication that debuted in 2010

Alt-Right - A Primer

One of the alt-right's figureheads today is Milo Yiannopoulos, technology editor for the website Breitbart.

www.bbc.com...

Yes, Hillary picked it up and ran with it, much as Don has picked up his phrases and runs them into the ground.

Gosh, Breitbart, huh? I wonder why she is tying Trump to the Alt-Right... Maybe because he ties himself to them!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join