It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alt-Righters

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Isn't amazing how new phraseology can so quickly become common place?

Befor last week I had never heared the turm Alt-Right being used ... now it seems so many people are using it as if its always been freely used.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
The "alt-right" definition has been spawned by the DNC/Clinton campaign efforts.

They have to shift blame to somebody other than themselves.

The wiki chapter sites mostly Left Wing commentaries to establish a new definition.

All part of the game.

Very effective.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
This calls for a spoof version of the Doors -
Alt+Righters of the storm.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I say embrace it and wear it as a badge of honour.
This takes away any power it has to be used in a derogatory way

Ill proudly say it
MY NAME IS IKNOWSTUFF AND IM ALT-RIGHT

Damn that felt good

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
I say embrace it and wear it as a badge of honour.
This takes away any power it has to be used in a derogatory way

Ill proudly say it
MY NAME IS IKNOWSTUFF AND IM ALT-RIGHT

Damn that felt good

You should probably look into what the Alt-Right is before claiming to be part of it.

It's only a derogatory term if you see the Alt-Right as something to be ashamed of (which I think you probably should be).

But the Alt-Right does not feel ashamed, they are actually very proud of who and what they are. The "left" didn't create this term...the Alt-Right themselves labeled their own movement this.

If you support White Nationalism, feel like your country is being "taken over" by minorities, and think as a white male...you are the one discriminated against....then maybe you are Alt-Right. But you should at least know what they stand for before declaring to be a proud part of them.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

Or maybe, we should be proud and let our actions speak for what we are about.

Am I a white dude? Yup. Am I proud? Yup. Have I ever been discrimitory towards minorities? Nope. I've actually done my dead level best to help them here in Texas.

Any time the left labels anything, they must make it about race. It has nothing to do with race. I love my nation. I know that we are a nation built by many ethnicities. I support that and always have.

However, there were always rules in place to be followed. It was a way of keeping the riffraff out. We need to go back to that. Those that choose to come here should take pride in this nation and enjoy their new found freedoms. They left their countries behind for better lives and opportunities.

Have you ever asked to stay with a person? Did you observe the rules of their home? It's the same difference.

The alt right is inclusive. I welcome people of all types to join us. We are going fix the regressive policies and social intolerance that the left has shoved down everyone's throats.
edit on 1-9-2016 by Bobaganoosh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

I think it's mostly a useful label that helps to show the differences in Right Wing Ideology. Although it's still very loosely defined. It's not some DNC/Clinton propaganda thing either unlike some may want you to think.

It's just a way to show the different way they think as opposed to other Right Wingers. They seem to be a more Anti-Establishment, more pro-nationalist, pro-separatist, form of the Right Wing as opposed to say NeoCons who are very pro-Establishment and more Globalist in thinking.

To me the Alt-Right seems like Conservatism for the Millennial Generation although it goes to a variety of ages as well.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
The "alt-right" definition has been spawned by the DNC/Clinton campaign efforts.

They have to shift blame to somebody other than themselves.

The wiki chapter sites mostly Left Wing commentaries to establish a new definition.

All part of the game.

Very effective.

Actually, if you read any of the threads you participate in then you would know that Alt-right is a term coined by those that claim to have founded the 'movement', but you seem to have any issue with anything fact based for reasons I won't even try and articulate on here.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

Any time the left labels anything, they must make it about race.

The left didn't make the Alt-Right about race...the Alt-Right made themselves about race.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I agree. It's sad how fast these terms can become part of the political fabric.

I think it's similar to how fast the "crooked Hillary", "murderous criminal" phrases took hold.

People are easily propagandized and quickly envelope these terms and phrases when they exposes themselves to too much of it.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

Any time the left labels anything, they must make it about race.

The left didn't make the Alt-Right about race...the Alt-Right made themselves about race.

So who leads the "alt-Right"? Who named it? What is the website? Where are the groups official statements of beliefs?

Or are all those things just stuff Hillary and her bots just get to make up as they go along?

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
This calls for a spoof version of the Doors -
Alt+Righters of the storm.

Like "A Dog without a Bone"

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

If you support White Nationalism, feel like your country is being "taken over" by minorities, and think as a white male...you are the one discriminated against....then maybe you are Alt-Right. But you should at least know what they stand for before declaring to be a proud part of them.

As I stated in another thread,
change the term "White Nationalism" to "Western Society"
change the term "taken over" to "bent over"
And change "discriminated against" to straight white men being just about the only thing on this planet its politically correct to put down and you got me to a tea/T/tee (never written that before so not sure which one it is)

Also the part about being vehemently anti PC was a major box check for me.

I am proud that Ive seen through all the bs and despite that our current PC culture shoves down our throats Im one of the ones who can stand up and say "Feck no, this sucks and needs to change"

STRAIGHT, MALE, WHITE, ALT-RIGHT AND PROUD!!!

EDIT: look at the above statement, I gaurantee almost everyone who reads it will have an involuntary reaction thinking its somehow bad, thats the reason alt-righters exist!!!

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

So who leads the "alt-Right"? Who named it? What is the website? Where are the groups official statements of beliefs?

Or are all those things just stuff Hillary and her bots just get to make up as they go along?

The term's modern usage, however, is most commonly attributed to Richard B. Spencer, president of the National Policy Institute and founder of Alternative Right.

You know there is thing called Google where you can fin answers to questions right??

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Although it's still very loosely defined. It's not some DNC/Clinton propaganda thing either 

I'm very willing to belive this. I just find it fascinating thato two weeks ago virtually no one was using the term and now it's everywhere.
edit on 1-9-2016 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

Richard Spencer

www.alternativeright.com...

edit on 1-9-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

I think it has a lot to do with the media accepting and using the term. Which is sort of handy since there is in fact a division within the party. So it helps label which group you're talking about because no longer can you just say Conservatives, or The Right and be talking about a unified ideology at all.

Neocons are more Imperialist and Global in their objectives while AltRight is, or at least alleges to be against those things and are more Nationalist thinking. There are major differences between the groups.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

This is a completely bunk and left wing fear mongering view of the Alt-Right, but I do wonder if you do not support these descriptions in regard to minority groups?

-The Democrats claim the country is taken over by white racists
-The Democrats claim minorities are being held down and oppressed by whites
-The Democrats openly support minority supremacy groups like La Raza and BLM

So, what is your problem with white people standing up against discrimination? Do you think whites aren't human or don't have the same experience as all other humans? White people are the scapegoat for EVERYTHING. We're constantly belittled and demonized in the main stream media and in universities across this country.

edit on 1-9-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I don't see a problem with nationalism.

White nationalism is about as obtainable as a Hillary Clinton press conference.

I think the big fight is between;

globalism and nationalism.

Censorship and free expression.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Bingo. I don't want the alt-right to be a party. I don't want it to have a leader. I'm fine with Harambe.

I'm not fine with hardline conservatism. I'm not fine with the social engineering and intolerance of the left. I hate globalism and all of its proponents. What have they done other than royally screw everything up economically and socially?

The labels will never stick. I doubt the name of the alt-right will even apply after this election. We are just a growing group of people who are sick of both sides and their faux-political impotence.

I simply wish to disrupt every aspect of the status quo. I am ready to bulldoze the lot of it if it means something better rising to replace it. This is the beginning of a people's movement to simply say enough is enough.

I'm not going to compromise to make any of you feel better about yourself. I will not have the projection of every failure and past transgression apply to me. I owe the world nothing.

Don't like it? Find a safe space and cry your eyes out.

It's fun to watch.

edit on 1-9-2016 by Bobaganoosh because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join