It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Several Hispanic Trump surrogates reconsider support

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
The fallout from Trump's hardline Immigration speech last night didn't take long. He is already losing key Hispanic supporters due to his flip flopping on his immigration plan.

Several Hispanic Trump surrogates reconsider support

Several major Latino surrogates for Donald Trump are reconsidering their support for him following the Republican nominee’s hardline speech on immigration Wednesday night.

Jacob Monty, a member of Trump’s National Hispanic Advisory Council, quickly resigned after the speech. Another member, Ramiro Pena, a Texas pastor, said Trump's speech likely cost him the election and said he'd have to reconsider being part of a "scam." And Alfonso Aguilar, the president of the Latino Partnership for Conservative Principles, said in an interview that he is “inclined” to pull his support.

I know a lot of Trump supporters here are praising his speech yesterday, but does your opinion change when you hear that Trump is losing his own Hispanic supporters...even those that are part of his campaign?

This is all the result of Trump realizing that he can't win the General Election...so he is trying to please both sides, and it is failing.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

Lol which is it? His he softening, or hard-line on immigration. You just posted 2 diametrically different OPs.

At least your hate for the man is consistent.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Any hispanic that supports McTrump simply does not understand or speak English...could be no other rational reason for a beaner to like this McDon...he has publicly, gone on record, called you a rapist, murder, well fare fraud scammer and wants to put up a wall to keep you south of the Rio Grande...what is there to like?
Cheers

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Sounds like some people don't like the law and think they are above it.
We'll see what the outcome is... though it's interesting that the usual suspects (especially Politco which is not a real political news outlet anymore) seem to be in a panic.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Lol which is it? His he softening, or hard-line on immigration. You just posted 2 diametrically different OPs.

It's what happens when panic sets in - it's a scramble to say anything to downplay such a good day for Trump.
edit on 1/9/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

You tell me...which is it?

This is exactly why he is losing his Hispanic supporters and surrogates...they don't know which one it is either. In private meetings with them, he told them one thing...then in his speech last night he said something else...this morning on a radio show, he said he is "softening".

www.politico.com...

“I was a strong supporter of Donald Trump when I believed he was going to address the immigration problem realistically and compassionately,” said Monty, a Houston attorney who has aggressively made the Latino case for Trump. “What I heard today was not realistic and not compassionate.

He withdrew from the board following Trump’s speech in Phoenix, which was heavy on calls for border security and emphasized that all immigrants in the country illegally were subject to deportation.”

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

That's actually a good question that I'm not sure anyone is aware of the answer to. I guess it depends on the day of the week and who he is talking to, but you did highlight why it is so hard to cover Trump's positions. He is never consistent. Too bad you tried to pin his notorious inconsistency on the OP instead of the actual person to blame. Trump.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Sounds like some people don't like the law and think they are above it.
We'll see what the outcome is... though it's interesting that the usual suspects (especially Politco which is not a real political news outlet anymore) seem to be in a panic.

So are you denying that he lost those surrogates?

And that there is talk that he may lose up to half of his "National Hispanic Advisory Council"?

I don't care if you don't like the source, these are direct quotes from Trump key Hispanic surrogates.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Trump already has the guarantee of the majority make up of the citizens in the US. if ge had the Latino vote, it would be an added bonus, if not he still wins.

I dont think hes going to be pandering to any of ethnicity groups any more. He'll most like focus on the undecided votes now.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Oh puh leez. How bout the master of flip flopp pandering? I mean Hillary went from one view point on trade and wall street and spun on a dime adopting Bernies verbiage to try and ursurp his base.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Oh puh leez. How bout the master of flip flopp pandering? I mean Hillary went from one view point on trade and wall street and spun on a dime adopting Bernies verbiage to try and ursurp his base.

The difference being that Hillary doesn't say something then flip-flop a few hours later for the next group of people she is talking to. When she flip-flops she stays consistent until politics forces her to flip-flop again. Hillary's changing of her mind may be a bit excessive, but Trump is FAR worse to the point it is impossible to nail down what he ever means from day-to-day.
edit on 1-9-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
Trump already has the guarantee of the majority make up of the citizens in the US. if ge had the Latino vote, it would be an added bonus, if not he still wins.

I dont think hes going to be pandering to any of ethnicity groups any more. He'll most like focus on the undecided votes now.

He has the majority of the citizens of the US??? How do you figure that?

I don't think undecided voters are very big on inconsistency.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

This thread is about Trump's inconsistent immigration plan and how that inconsistency and pretty much flat out lying to his surrogates, is costing him to lose his Hispanic supporters.

If you would like to talk about Hillary, feel free to create a thread.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

originally posted by: odzeandennz

He has the majority of the citizens of the US??? How do you figure that?

I don't think undecided voters are very big on inconsistency.

Come on, now. You know what "majority make up of the citizens" refers to. The rest of the post makes sense if you replace that phrase.

Trump already has the guarantee of (_________) in the US. if he had the Latino vote, it would be an added bonus, if not he still wins.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

I didn't read any hate in that. Just because someone doesn't support a candidate doesn't mean they hate them.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Maybe from your prospective way over there but here it was a failure. Trump attempts his first diplomatic mission and then lies about it.
His speech was nothing more than platitudes and hyperbole. He says nothing.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

The difference being that Hillary doesn't say something then flip-flop a few hours later for the next group of people she is talking to. When she flip-flops she stays consistent until politics forces her to flip-flop again. Hillary's changing of her mind may be a bit excessive, but Trump is FAR worse to the point it is impossible to nail down what he ever means from day-to-day.

It's baffling, to say the least.

I've read that politicians a long time ago used to be like this, literally telling each campaign stop completely different messages. But that was before tv & radio. There was virtually no way for citizens to cross check what a political leader actually said in a foreign country or even a few States away. At most, they could rely on pamphlets and newspapers ( even though those could also be notoriously corrupt and/or inaccurate).

But it's practically unheard of for a modern politician to change positions so often in public like this. Even his own supporters and surrogates don't know when he'll come out & say he was just "being sarcastic" when defending one of his new positions.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
every speech by Trump or Hillary attract some support and scares away other support. The net result will be seen on November 8th.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I still see no wavering since what he first said.

Build a wall for security.
Get rid of illegal immigrants

He met the president of Mexico yesterday. I think that is more important than a few people deciding they want those few minutes of fame by complaining.

The speech he gave both times yesterday was excellent. I understand you haters but this man is at least reaching out.

Finally. Illegal immigrants need to not be in the US or any country. They are illegal. I do not care about the sob stories. We have people who are starving in the US who were born here.
edit on 09pm30pmf0000002016-09-01T12:32:38-05:001238 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

He met the president of Mexico yesterday. I think that is more important than a few people deciding they want those few minutes of fame by complaining.

He did meet the President of Mexico...and he lied about what they talked about. Why did he lie? Because the Mexican President flat out told him, "Mexico will not pay for the wall"...and Trump's ego is so fragile, he couldn't admit that he was confronted about that and backed down from the Mexican President.

Also, when a key surrogate resigns from Trump's "National Hispanic Advisory Council" and completely removes his support...it's not just one person, that one surrogate has a lot of influence over many voters. And he didn't just lose one surrogate this morning, he lost multiple and the day is still early. There are reports that by the end of the day, at least half of his "National Hispanic Advisory Council" is going to resign.

But yeah, Trump had a great day yesterday.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join