It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peña Nieto told Trump, “Mexico won’t pay for the wall

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

I'm actually starting to feel bad for the guy. He's completely out of his element; and he's starting to look really old and tired.

That's exactly what's so refreshing and appealing about Donald Trump, Gryphon66. To fit in, he'd have to be like (heaven forbid!) John Kerry. If Kerry had visited Mexico, he would have left a couple billion U.S. taxpayer dollars behind, in return for promises that would never be fulfilled.

I haven't noticed Trump looking "old and tired". Hillary did at her American Legion appearance/speech today, but Donald didn't. Even after visiting 3 cities and 2 countries in a 24 hour span, Donald was fired up and full of energy.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Refreshing and appealing? He stood there ignorantly like a lump while the Mexican President denied, reversed, disputed everything the big oaf has ever said about Mexico.

There's nothing refreshing about that. The only thing that I see is a man dangerously out of his league.

He wasn't even done the courtesy of a small American flag beside him, or even our national colors, as he obviously isn't a representative of our nation.

As to the other, I think you're confusing bombast for energy. Other than that, apparently, we fundamentally disagree on the issue.

Vive la difference!
edit on 1-9-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: xstealth

Dude between Trump and Hillary how can you pick him to call the pathological liar?

Because he is one. During his acceptance speech at the RNC he lied an average of once every five minutes and while on the campaign trail he lies 71% of the time.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Come on, ATSers. You're slacking! 6 pages and no link to the actual press conference?

1. The first 14min or so are the Mexican President's address. It's completely in Spanish, so use the "closed caption" option to see English subtitles.

2. At the 14:00 mark, Trump's turn begins. Obviously it's in English lol.

3. Trump ends his part around the 22:07 mark, and reporters immediately begin asking questions.

Ah, just before posting this, I found a version from Fox (
). It has an English translator speaking during the Mexican President's part, though I can't vouch for the accuracy of the translation (it is Fox, after all).

The time stamps listed above won't match but you should get a rough idea of where to find what you're looking for. At least this way, people can debate what was actually said instead of debating what different article writers interpreted from the press conference.
edit on 1-9-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: xstealth

Yes,I find it quite degrading and racist,especially someone with a platform supposedly to curtail racist remarks,and to be honest with you I have hispanic relatives,and none of us own a taco bowl? lol

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: grubblesnert

Your analogy is flawed. Unless your neighbor and you have a massive inter-house trade system with a system of tariffs and fees, etc, your analogy isn't even in the ballpark.

Nobody expects the Mexican government is going to cut the US a cheque for parts and labor for the wall. Did you actually think thats what anyone is talking to? Donald is going to check the white house mail every day to see if the Mexicans mailed him a cheque?

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Oh? And these stats are from where? I'd love to know how you measure someones activities (speeches, writings, etc) to determine that 71% of it is lying.

In all seriousness, how are people as ignorant as you are and believe this kind of crap? I wouldn't believe that stat if it was about Hillary or Hitler. It's impossible to measure.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: stolencar18
a reply to: buster2010

Oh? And these stats are from where? I'd love to know how you measure someones activities (speeches, writings, etc) to determine that 71% of it is lying.

In all seriousness, how are people as ignorant as you are and believe this kind of crap? I wouldn't believe that stat if it was about Hillary or Hitler. It's impossible to measure.

www.politifact.com...

Add up the "mostly false", "false", and "pants on fire"....70%.
edit on 1-9-2016 by kruphix because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Trump stood there today, beside the Mexican Flag and the Mexican President ... and didn't realize that Neito used him like a stage prop. Not paying for the wall, promoting free trade, basically did everything but call Trump a buffoon to his face

I'm actually starting to feel bad for the guy. He's completely out of his element; and he's starting to look really old and tired.

I'm wondering when Trump is going to realize that Nieto played him?

I know the Trump supporters are claiming this is a great victory because he went down there and didn't put his foot in his mouth...but that is judging him by a very low bar.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: stolencar18
a reply to: grubblesnert

Your analogy is flawed. Unless your neighbor and you have a massive inter-house trade system with a system of tariffs and fees, etc, your analogy isn't even in the ballpark.

Nobody expects the Mexican government is going to cut the US a cheque for parts and labor for the wall. Did you actually think thats what anyone is talking to? Donald is going to check the white house mail every day to see if the Mexicans mailed him a cheque?

Well it seems like you know Trumps secret plan to get Mexico to pay.

Care to share it with the rest of us?

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Clinton is a terrible choice for President. Unfortunately, Trump is an even worse choice. I'm still slightly stunned that there are so many supporters of someone that is obviously a pandering, lying bully with a thin skin, ego issues, a womanizer and worst of all, utterly inept when it comes to foreign policies and foreign intelligence matters. He almost literally knows nothing, other than what he has possibly crammed for during his campaign.

Are you comfy having this dude within 100 feet of a suitcase with the launch codes for four years? I'm not. He is so easily antagonized it's ridiculous.

There is a reason Russia and North Korea think he is a great choice for POTUS, while our allies are agog with the lunacy of him as a choice.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

You bring up a good point...our allies think we are crazy even letting Trump get this far.

And Russia couldn't be happier.

You would think that would tell Trump supporters something...but they don't seem to get it.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join