It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peña Nieto told Trump, “Mexico won’t pay for the wall

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
a reply to: Swills

Sir, I may get banned for this but, you are a charlatan. You know no 3rd party candidate has a chance of being elected. You know 1 less vote for Trump is a vote for Clinton! You know she is evil to the core but you appear to support her. Why?

Where have you gone, Swills? Are you still here?

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: kruphix

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
Until they do pay for the wall, Trump will be doing exactly what he states on his website.

Until the wall is a physical one, it will be an economic one.

Who knew it would be so difficult for some to accept that some countries should be taking care of their own problems, instead of expecting folks that are most affected by it to do it for them.

Illegal Immigration is America's problem, not Mexico's.

America can try to build a wall to keep people out, even though it's a dumb idea and won't work. But Mexico doesn't have any responsibility to keep their people in their country...they are free to go wherever they choose.

Is it Canada's job to monitor who goes into their country? Or is it America's job to monitor who leaves our country to go into Canada?

It is America's problem. But the reasons people are fleeing Mexico is theirs.

Canadians aren't hopping the boarder, mainly because there is no rampant crime, corruption, poverty, cartels, etc. No need for a wall in the north.

So let me get this straight.

1. You think Mexico needs to fix their economic problems to stop their citizens from crossing the border.
2. But in the meantime, you want to build a big wall to stop them
3. However, you want Mexico to pay for this wall.
4. To force them to pay for this wall, you are going to impose economic hardships on Mexico...which will just cause more people to want to leave Mexico and come to America.

I think your logic is a little flawed.
wasn't Mexico a country before the U.S.? They have had more time to get it straight than us no? Why aren't they doing well? Mexico is Mexico's problem! We should build that wall even if Mexico doesn't pay for it!

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Being that you're the one resorting to name calling I'd say you sir are the one who is triggered.

In any case, what does your hypothetical example have anything to do with the topic at hand? All you did there was attack liberals. There seems to be a trend here.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

If you can believe it, Mexico's government is, and has always been even more corrupt than ours. Their corruption goes back for centuries.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

wasn't Mexico a country before the U.S.? They have had more time to get it straight than us no? Why aren't they doing well?

Ummmm....no.

Mexico was first founded in 1824...current Constitution is from 1917.

U.S. - 1776

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

I look at it differently.

1. Yes, countries need to handle their own affairs, and it is condescending to expect otherwise.

2. Yes a physical barrier is much better than an imaginary one.

3. Yes with the money saved, a wall would be easy, at least according to Trump.

4. To compel them to pay for the wall, the country will not allow itself to be taken advantage of any longer, and will protect its citizens and interests.

I think your principles are flawed.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Sir, I may get banned for this but, you are a charlatan. You know no 3rd party candidate has a chance of being elected. You know 1 less vote for Trump is a vote for Clinton! You know she is evil to the core but you appear to support her. Why?

The day someone gets banned for calling someone a charlatan is the day I quit ATS. Incidentally, I may have given a lot of people a reason to report you but fear not, I won't!

Of the two, I would never vote for Trump. If a gun was put to my head I'd vote Clinton. #neverTrump

I'm well aware Johnson nor Stein will win but I will vote 3rd party again this election cycle.
edit on 1-9-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   

There you are. I thought you may have gone to bed or just ducked out. Where you been? Get a brew?

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: xstealth

Well, that's because this thread isn't about Hillary.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

It's not just Mexicans. Illegals are flooding in from south and central america as well. The real problem starts at the southern mexico border.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: xstealth

Well, that's because this thread isn't about Hillary.

Or Bernie hahaha.

Trump 2016!

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   

a reply to: burgerbuddy

So running for POTUS, Trump can claim he will make Mexico pay for the wall BUT when meeting with the president of Mexico as the republican nominee he can't talk about his policy about making Mexico pay for the wall with the Mexican president? You know, the CORE of his entire campaign?

Hey, we all get it, well most of us, that Trump isn't nor could he make some kind of policy during said meeting but they sure can talk about Trumps brilliant immigration plan. Mexican presidents don't make a habit of inviting presidential candidates every cycle for meetings, you know?

So you expect, no, demand he get confrontational with Nietho on their first face to face?

Do you know how Trump will make mexico pay?

It doesn't take any agreement or permission from mexico, lol.

I guess you don't know much about the Wall policy, then.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   

a reply to: CharlesT

This is another problem with Trump supporters. If anyone doesn't support their man they immediately attack you for supporting Clinton, even if the victim has repeatedly said they don't support her.

You guys do know there are other people running for president, right?

Yeah but incredibly irrelevant, dangerous and a waste of a vote at this time.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   

You got the wrong candidate. Its Hillary thats the pathological liar.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   

As far as a third party we agree but I am so so frustrated with the status quot I refuse to even participate at this point. I feel the Republic is in it's death troughs and refuse to participate in the criminal enterprises that are trying to remain relevant in this criminal disintegration of a noble experiment.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Incidentally, I may have given a lot of people a reason to report you but fear not, I won't!

This may be off topic but who are a lot of people and for what other reason?

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   

editby]edit on 2016-09-01T00:44:05-05:0012amThu, 01 Sep 2016 00:44:05 -0500ThursdayAmerica/Chicago0530 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

edit on 2016-09-01T00:44:30-05:0012amThu, 01 Sep 2016 00:44:30 -0500ThursdayAmerica/Chicago3030 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

Incidentally, I may have given a lot of people a reason to report you but fear not, I won't!

This may be off topic but who are a lot of people and for what other reason?[
edit on 2016-09-01T00:46:12-05:0012amThu, 01 Sep 2016 00:46:12 -0500ThursdayAmerica/Chicago1230 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Trump will force them to build the wall if he has to. Trust me, Trump has an iron Will that bends the minds of lesser men.

Lets take a look at the polls for our evidence, shall we? Some show Trump is up. The right ones that are the votes of Real Americans. The Liberal Media Organization For Getting Hillary Elected(TLMOFGHE) is scared and shaking in their boots as the Demoncrats destroy themselves!

And Remember the rallies? People were there! Proof Trump is the est for President.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I hope Hillary Clinton gets elected. I made an 8 year career Obabamabashing and a Hillary presidency will only extend my career. Go Hillary!

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Trump stood there today, beside the Mexican Flag and the Mexican President ... and didn't realize that Neito used him like a stage prop. Not paying for the wall, promoting free trade, basically did everything but call Trump a buffoon to his face

I'm actually starting to feel bad for the guy. He's completely out of his element; and he's starting to look really old and tired.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join