It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could this be the end of Alzheimer's? Hopefully so....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
just skeptical
For years.decades even, I've been hearing about new revolutionary treatments and cures that will end: cancer, dementia, heart disease, aids, aging, blood disorders etc etc...
and nothing ever comes from it.
batting zero. some treatments come forward, sure. but whenever I see the word revolutionary, miracle, or anything like that, thats sign 1 that its all just bull...possibly to keep funding going, or just clickbait, who knows.

I hope so..I will toss that on the hope pile a mile high with all the hopes for the other treatments and cures I have read in the years for a wide array of stuff. I am thinking perhaps we just dont have a model society anywhere in the world that would even want a cure or truly effective treatment to come out and fix some issues.

pessimism...but seriously...who is working hard to put themselves out of a job.

Completely agree friend, hence the reason I would not normally advocate such news. However, I am in hopes that this is a true hope for a cure.

That is the problem as you stated however, there is too many people in jobs that would loose them if a cure was found. I was walking around only today in my local town and seeing all the charity stands about various cures, one was Alzheimer's coincidence enough. I overheard the lady talking to an interested party, the lady intrested asked 'so are they working on a cure, have they found anything as of yet' the lady at the stand returned with 'no, no sure has been found and nothing as of yet''. Considering the news we know about and that you would think she would be up to date on regarding this post, you would think she would be full of wonder and happiness to tell people about this new found hopeful cure. However....

... As you stated, if they found a cure she would loose her job. What an odd world we live in.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon
Last time I heard news like this was prior to apes taking over the planet..

Fantastic news.. star and flag..

Yes it sure is good news, I hope to write an article soon about other health help that has been discovered because I personally feel not enough is being done to help us. Corporations are sliding such advancements like these under the rug and its wrong, very wrong. Seems money comes first, health second.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I hope this is the end to Alzheimer's for all future generations. I lost my dad 3 years ago, he only lasted about a year after we started noticing symptoms. He went downhill very quickly, and it was the hardest thing to watch his mind, and eventually his body, wither away until he passed in such a short period of time. It is a disease I would not wish upon my greatest enemy.

Here's to hoping.

<< 1   >>

join