It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BIG Thanks to All who Wished my Daughter Well -- & Good News!

page: 1

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Many many moons ago, I brought my pity party to ATS and spoke of my daughter's health problems in a post I made.... And many of you were kind enough to wish my daughter well, and I have to thank you all from the bottom of my heart. I believe in miracles... I believe there is strength in numbers... and I believe your well wishes truly helped my daughter get through this.

So thank you, my fellow ATSers, for being awesome. THANK YOU!!!

She had emergency surgery a few weeks ago, basically exploratory surgery because they didn't know what they were looking for, and they found she had a twisted ovary which is pretty rare and pretty much only detectable via surgery. (Just the sound of it hurts!) It worked. My girl is now feeling better than she has for years and is well on her way to complete recovery... and a very bright future. This walk through hell is finally coming to an end. If you're a parent, then you know how that makes my heart sing.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!!

On the down side, her insurance is trying to deny the claim, stating that the symptoms she presented with did not warrant emergency surgery, which is just crazy, since her symptoms were quite typical for the condition AND surgery was the only way to diagnose and treat the condition. But her doctor is going to bat for her, so we're optimistic they will ultimately cover it.

If anyone ever needs my prayers and good thoughts, I'm happy to return the favor -- just say the word and you've got 'em.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Well, it's fantastic to read a good news thread, you must be made up.

I wish all the best for you and yours.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Thank you, Cobalitic.

I think I can actually look forward to brighter days for all of us -- but especially my daughter!

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I don't remember the original thread, but I'm very happy for you and your daughter. That must have been pretty miserable! Good luck with the insurance.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

good news. take good care.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Thank you, BH. You're probably lucky you missed the first thread!

It has been pretty miserable. Now my heart goes out to all the women suffering with this, with no way of knowing what's wrong or what to do about. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I'm so sorry I missed this but so so glad your Daughter is ok.
My Stepdaughter is awaiting a Kidney Transplant after 18 months of treatment so we feel for you.
Best of luck x

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

I'm so sorry to hear that. My heart and prayers go out to your daughter -- and you all. It's so hard to see your child hurt. No matter how old they are! If you ever need to vent or even rant and rage, feel free to PM me.

Keep fighting the good fight, and I'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers. Good luck and God bless.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

So very happy to hear the good news! Wishing you and your family many years of health and happiness!

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

I will pray for your Step-Daughter that all goes well.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
That's very good news, hope everything keeps getting better for all of You :-)

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thank you, Night Star!

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

As a parent we all want our children to be healthy and safe. I know my wife and I still worry about our kids and they're in their mid and upper 20's. I'm happy that everything worked out well for your daughter. What a relief you must have felt after hearing the great news!

I agree, there is strength in numbers. The good people on ATS not only give us a sense of comfort they may have also helped send some good energy to your daughter.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
What a relief you must have felt after hearing the great news!

Oh yes! She had to get through the recovery for us to know... but now that she's doing so well, I just want to burst with joy!

I agree, there is strength in numbers. The good people on ATS not only give us a sense of comfort they may have also helped send some good energy to your daughter.

Yes. Definitely yes! Thank you for saying it so well

edit on 31-8-2016 by Boadicea because: formatting

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Every child should have the chance to grow up and enjoy life, I have a special place for children. I hope you all the best.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Never heard the words "made up." What does that mean-happy?

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   

She had emergency surgery a few weeks ago, basically exploratory surgery because they didn't know what they were looking for, and they found she had a twisted ovary which is pretty rare and pretty much only detectable via surgery.

On the down side, her insurance is trying to deny the claim, stating that the symptoms she presented with did not warrant emergency surgery, which is just crazy, since her symptoms were quite typical for the condition AND surgery was the only way to diagnose and treat the condition.

So happy your daughter is doing well. As a Mom with a daughter with many medical problems, I can relate.

The cynical side of me wonders if the same proclamation would have been made for a man with a twisted testicle.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Happy to hear she'll be on a path to recovery from pain! Thanks for wishing awareness as well on this. Had a scare as of recent myself. Best of luck and speedy recovery for your daughter.
edit on 1-9-2016 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

So happy your daughter is doing well. As a Mom with a daughter with many medical problems, I can relate.

Thank you -- and I'm so sorry to hear your daughter is having problems. I wish you and your daughter the best and brightest going forward.

The cynical side of me wonders if the same proclamation would have been made for a man with a twisted testicle.

Cynical... maybe. But not without reason. I don't think it's a coincidence that it was a female doctor who finally said "enough of this," and ordered the emergency surgery. The male doctors she had seen previously often left much to be desired in their approach and bedside manners. But the way her insurance is, her doctor is assigned, and even then she would often have to see another doctor in the group, so her providers weren't consistent, which I think caused its own problems. This is one of the most painful conditions a woman can suffer, but she was told to stop being "so dramatic" by one (male) doctor, even knowing she was bleeding internally but not why. Yeah, somehow I doubt a man with a twisted testicle would be told the same by a male doctor (or a female doctor for that matter!). Cynical, but for good reason.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Sorry for the late reply but what you replied can also be applied for women with heart problem...blown off because all research has been on men by men. Only the last 10 or so years have women been recognized as having early heart disease.
My mom lived about 8 more years post minor heart attach because I knew the ER dr and he kept her overnight. She arrested the next morning. Had she been sent home (cause they actually thought it was gallbladder) she would have died.

Same can be said for the proclamation the newborns didn't feel pain with circumcision tho they were screaming in pain.

Healthcare is still a male dominated system...and I am a conservative.

top topics

join