It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multi-Caliber Firearms

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Just a guess here but yours has the giggle switch doesn't it bedlam?

I'm asking because other things you're saying strongly indicate that it's a tax stamp gun.

And since it's you, and you never say anything by accident... Especially if it could have repercussions, this is the only conclusion I can come to.

Disclaimer: if you don't know what a tax stamp is in relation to firearms, and if you don't instantly know WHICH stamp / what vintage / what other possible exceptions to my comments about vintage exist...

Don't go attempting to buy / assemble your own version of said setup!!!

Unless you like dudes named Bubba

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: roguetechie

Just a guess here but yours has the giggle switch doesn't it bedlam?

It followed me home from Germany. I might have been the only guy to pack that as my sidearm, but we had a very broad TO&E.

I'm asking because other things you're saying strongly indicate that it's a tax stamp gun.

And since it's you, and you never say anything by accident... Especially if it could have repercussions, this is the only conclusion I can come to.

It has its very own home at work. But I have special permission, because I'm also the CSSO/FSO for our little business, and it's got a SCIF, we technically haz badjs through FPS, so we can shoot pirates who try to steal our booty.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

s28.photobucket.com...

So, I'm building a highly upgraded version of this little mongrel...

My version uses cz-26 guts and mags, a 0% ar15 lower forging, a dual acting lever based receiver buffer a la uziel gal's work at ruger combined with a patent cadged from a 70's GE engineer, a stark industries pistol grip, and hilariously creative use of aftermarket AR15 parts...

Oh and a folding magwell inspired by the Erma emp9 and Mat-49, except mine is spring loaded and actuated by an index finger flick to a well placed control lever.

When I finish the first one do you want pictures and short clips of the test firings?

Finally, you'd be extremely surprised at how little this whole build is costing me. Partially because I bought enough parts to do ten, partly due to me doing the design and machining myself, and etc...

They're going to wind up being hi-point cheap, even with 5 32 round magazines each.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Some people get all THE FUN jobs...

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

+1

I find myself wishing for a SCIF, an approved "armory" for "site protection", and the library / office supplies catalog having your own SCIF gets you access to!

Though, honestly I do pretty OK on my own and am very thankful for all the pdf's you can find with a bit of leg work.

While I can't build a particle decelerator that fits on a bench top I'm getting pretty close to some other way kewl stuff specifically geared to maximizing capabilities, versatility, and workplace comfort / signature management on the cheap!

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: roguetechie

I 'm still waiting for someone to create THERMAL Raybans...

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Ermmm,

Judging by dtic.mil they're working on it.

As well as a bunch of Bedlam's other camera and sensor related post subjects too...

How far along they are, I do not know exactly...

But I'm pretty sure if you're in a room with the presidential protection detail and fart... There's really no use trying to put off the blame on someone else....

They know who dealt it regardless of who smelt it

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   

That's cool, I thought some Uzis were convertible. Will it convert to .22lr as well? I also thought I remembered seeing something about being able to convert them to .40S&W as well. Is that so, or more wishful remembering on my part?

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBadCabbie

Convertible is an extremely relative term...

On the .22 lr thing, a guy named Atchisson (yeah he's the first A in AA-12 too) made drop in .22 Uzi kits while he was still alive...

These days they're extremely collectible and very expensive because they actually work with and are legal to use in full auto Uzi's.

Pretty sure they don't work in semi ones though.

Mostly because there's not ONE semiautomatic Uzi design, but instead several methods by which people have built the various configurations for semiautomatic Uzi's.

This has a lot to do with most conversions of full automatic firearms to non nfa guns is done by home builders and small businesses using a mix of imported parts from actual full autos, readily available cheap and easily adapted existing commercial gun parts from other guns, and usually small shop manufactured boutique semiautomatic substitution parts made in the US.

The gun world can be extremely convoluted, inbred, and frustrating for a bunch of other reasons.

The project I mentioned a few posts ago is actually partially based on parts from the Uzi's unacknowledged father, the cz-26.

Uziel Gal actually had access to cz-26's and based his design heavily off of it.

Not that there's anything wrong with this, especially since he put so much that was uniquely his own into it.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBadCabbie

Couldn't say. In my case I tried it on the range, got permission to pack it instead of the standard issue after a lot of begging, and they handed me the 45 and 9mm long and short barrel setups with long and short mags.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I was researching the AR platform awhile back and found that with a quick change barrel system, such as is offered by DOLOS, one can use any caliber they would like with a barrel fitted with that system and the adapter on the upper. The bolt itself needs to be swapped also, but the AR is a very simple weapon to swap bolts on to begin with. And the standard issue metal mags like are military issue will work with almost all calibers. The .50 Beowulf requires some upper modification I am told...
The quick change barrel system itself is a bit pricey, but the barrels themselves are surprisingly inexpensive.

I have seen AR's converted down to .22 rim-fire around also, and other calibers in between with both reversible mods and non-reversible mods, but it seems silly to convert a weapon to a caliber that standard mags will no longer function with.

The AR is as close to a perfect platform as has been developed thus far, in my opinion.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

I have a couple MGI hydras which have a quick change barrel upper as well as a lower with interchangeable magazine wells so you can use purpose designed magazines for various caliber conversions.

As an example I use standard AK magazines when I run in 7.62x39.

Personally I don't like some of the compromises the existing design makes, and am working on a couple different iterations of something better.

Really sucks that somehow my measurement data on the AK74 magwell adapter got fatally borked which I didn't realize until after I sold the adapter during one of the great gun panics awhile back.

Especially since 5.45x39 is inherently a much better round if you intend to run barrels shorter than 20 inches and don't have access to M855A1.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 02:02 AM
link   

OH how I wanted an M14 as a scout before 93....THEN they start DMRs ...more anger....AT LEAST an a4 PIG comon!

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   

I got an M14 too. You could choose to pack in m14s for long shots, some of the guys preferred them to 700s. One of favorite bean field rifles.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Stick a BM59 para stock on one like a Ludlum novel...

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 04:08 AM
link   

The heavy-ass wood stock's no fun in the field but it's pretty for home use. I put the wood back on and had it bedded with fiberglass by my bravo buddy. It's a better rifle than I am a shot with my crappy level of range time anymore

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Athetos
I have never owned a Drilling but seen quite a few with different barrel combinations. Blaser makes some great rifles. Here is another from them: The R8 is very nice... But also very expensive. Lots of different caliber options and simple to make the switch. Another thing I have seen in Germany are barrel inserts. Inserted into the barrel of a shotgun to change to various rifle calibers. Barrel inserts

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Too bad you can buy an AR15 for the price of just a beat to crap BM59 folding stock these days... If you can find one at all!

They're as rare and sought after as ruger AC-556 side folder stocks... Aka the A-team special stock.

The gun industry is truly a strange place, and gun owners are even weirder!

Then again,your post kinda exemplifies this lol!

Why not just get a BM-59 alpini variant, rather than transfer it over to an M14?

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   

I actually HAVE ,JUST ,the stock and IT is CLEAN too.I lucked out when I found the guy wanted an ATST painting With him on top ,figured I'd slap it in one of those "Blackfeather" chassis I'm hearing good things about them.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

I actually HAVE ,JUST ,the stock and IT is CLEAN too.I lucked out when I found the guy wanted an ATST painting With him on top ,figured I'd slap it in one of those "Blackfeather" chassis I'm hearing good things about them.

Acquiring WEIRD things is MY fun .

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join