It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Models for Donald Trump's Agency Say They Violated Immigration Rules and Worked Illegally

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
It's no secret that Trump has placed immigration at the heart of his campaign. Plenty of threads on ATS exist discussing this, so what to make of this latest news about Trump's modelling agency?

www.motherjones.com...

Republican nominee Donald Trump has placed immigration at the core of his presidential campaign. He has claimed that undocumented immigrants are "taking our jobs" and "taking our money," pledged to deport them en masse, and vowed to build a wall on the Mexican border. At one point he demanded a ban on Muslims entering the country. Speaking to supporters in Iowa on Saturday, Trump said he would crack down on visitors to the United States who overstay their visas and declared that when any American citizen "loses their job to an illegal immigrant, the rights of that American citizen have been violated." And he is scheduled to give a major address on immigration in Arizona on Wednesday night.

But the mogul's New York modeling agency, Trump Model Management, has profited from using foreign models who came to the United States on tourist visas that did not permit them to work here, according to three former Trump models, all non-citizens, who shared their stories with Mother Jones. Financial and immigration records included in a recent lawsuit filed by a fourth former Trump model show that she, too, worked for Trump's agency in the United States without a proper visa.

So if Trump is so strong on immigration, why is his company violating immigration laws?

Canadian born model Rachel Blais worked for Trump Model Management for 3 years. Rachel said, she performed a series of modeling gigs for Trump's company in the United States without a work visa.

These records show a six-month gap between when she began working in the United States and when she was granted a work visa. During that time, Blais appeared on Trump's hit reality TV show, The Apprentice, modeling outfits designed by his business protégés. As Blais walked the runway, Donald Trump looked on from the front row.

Two other former Trump models—who requested anonymity to speak freely about their experiences, and who we are giving the pseudonyms Anna and Kate—said the agency never obtained work visas on their behalf, even as they performed modeling assignments in the United States.

So is a company permitted to employ someone without a legal work visa?

According to three immigration lawyers consulted by Mother Jones, even unpaid employment is against the law for foreign nationals who do not have a work visa. "If the US company is benefiting from that person, that's work," explained Anastasia Tonello, global head of the US immigration team at Laura Devine Attorneys in New York. These rules for immigrants are in place to "protect them from being exploited," she said. "That US company shouldn't be making money off you."

Two of the former Trump models said Trump's agency encouraged them to deceive customs officials about why they were visiting the United States and told them to lie on customs forms about where they intended to live. Anna said she received a specific instruction from a Trump agency representative: "If they ask you any questions, you're just here for meetings."

It seems that skirting the law is not uncommon in the modelling industry, but don't these actions make Trump a hypocrite of the first degree?

Kate, who worked for Trump Model Management in 2004, marveled at how her former boss has recently branded himself as an anti-illegal-immigration crusader on the campaign trail. "He doesn't want to let anyone into the US anymore," she said. "Meanwhile, behind everyone's back, he's bringing in all of these girls from all over the world and they're working illegally."

What to make of Trump's hardline position on immigration where his own company so flagrantly breaks the law?

Employers caught hiring noncitizens without proper visas can be fined up to $16,000 per employee and, in some cases, face up to six months in prison.

The three former Trump models said Trump's agency was aware of the complications posed by their foreign status. Anna and Kate said the company coached them on how to circumvent immigration laws. Kate recalled being told, "When you're stuck at immigration, say that you're coming as a tourist. If they go through your luggage and they find your portfolio, tell them that you're going there to look for an agent."

I recommend reading the article in full as it goes into details about other shady practices of Trump's company.

How can anything Trump says be trusted?
edit on 30-8-2016 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
they came by tourist visas, not under a box in the back of a freight truck so sue them .

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

MotherJones, nope wont trust that source never. Since they are biased that means everything they put out is FAKE!

Annoying, huh?
Okay, I'm mostly being sarcastic, I'm applying the usual response to anytime somebody sources a AlexJones led story.

edit on 30-8-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: madenusa

So that makes it ok for Trump's company to break the law?

a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Maybe you should look at the sourced documents then?

www.documentcloud.org...
www.documentcloud.org...
www.documentcloud.org...

Trump is running on a “law and order” platform, but when it comes to Donald Trump, the rules just don’t seem to apply.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Because Trump is not only the King Troll but he also bears the title King Hypocrite. Flip flopping is a bonus ability for having both titles.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   

US customs agent at the airport: "What is the nature of your visit to the United States?"
Model: "I'm here for meetings"
DHS: "But you're on a tourist visa?, are the meetings work related?"
Model: ?

Border security is not what it used to be - the hot chick would have been deported if I was on duty - she should have just said she was here to party and stuff with friends, much more believable imo.

edit on 30-8-2016 by Sublimecraft because: added text

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
the hot chick would have been deported if i was on duty.

If you believe it I believe it

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

LOL

according to three former Trump models, all non-citizens, who shared their stories with Mother Jones.

Another set of paid off testimonials.

Trump chalks up another 300,000 votes from this fake story.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Sort of like Melania's history.

Though, I don't find it useful to drag that out and question her current citizenship. I consider her an American.

So many conservatives are still on Obama's birth status, though.
edit on 30-8-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

You have any proof for this or did you just make this up?

I suppose the documents were forged as well?

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Trump is neither an agent, the one dealing with models, the contracts, nor the one making these decisions. It's not hypocritical when other people do things you yourself wouldn't.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   
So are these ladies like the women who accused Cain of sexual harassment? Will they disappear into the woodwork without pressing any kind of suit just as quickly as those women did?

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Trump is the only thing being presented.

-1 other option.

The media has pushed the "2 option only."

Now, you have 2 choices, or loose your vote.

You either like the last 8 years while your rights and money get redistributed at a increased rate.

OR you pick the other option, and have a chance of change.

All of the posts about Trump kill me.

Absolute brainwashing

Don't worry the "street" poles don't match up with the paid ones, so now they may need to just take over the election.

I don't understand why at least an ats member would not ID the present direction of liberties and tax liabilties and champion for more of them.

edit on 8 by Mandroid7 because: spc

(post by imitator removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
the hot chick would have been deported if i was on duty.

If you believe it I believe it

LOL - See my added text on what I actually believe, the immigration cards you fill in to accompany your passport are comprehensive, but generic all the same and coming in on a tourist visa is the simplest means to fill the card in (except a returning US citizen - it's a quick box tick, even quicker and easier).

That aside, the issue appears to be the apparent engagement, once in the US, to undertake 'work' as a model for Trumps agency, which they did and have now come forward with their admittance to breaching the terms of their visa stay and that they were encouraged by a Trump representative to do so.

If I concentrate on this story, I will not be able to concentrate on other more pressing issues going on around us.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: cuckooold

originally posted by: imitator
More Hillary Diaper Bot Propaganda..... the diaper babies are desperate!

Do you have something of relevance to say about Trump's agency illegally hiring workers or are you just going fling ad-homimen attacks around?

I'll bet Brian Williams was a model for Trump's agency. Let's ask him.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
ketsuko

So are these ladies like the women who accused Cain of sexual harassment? Will they disappear into the woodwork without pressing any kind of suit just as quickly as those women did?

Did you look at the documents cited and read the dates when the suit was filed?

I bet not.

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So the election has come down to Trump who's company took pictures of women on a tourist visa.

Or

Hillary Clinton who made 200 million dollars as the life of a politician who sold favors and ran a pay to play operation at the State Department.

Well...hell...you sold me, I'm voting Clinton.

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: cuckooold

originally posted by: imitator
More Hillary Diaper Bot Propaganda..... the diaper babies are desperate!

Do you have something of relevance to say about Trump's agency illegally hiring workers or are you just going fling ad-homimen attacks around?

I'll bet Brian Williams was a model for Trump's agency. Let's ask him.

I don't have any idea what you are talking about here.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join