It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surprise: Gun ownership rises to 44% of all homes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 05:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
I remember the first time I had a doctors appointment and the doc asked if I owned any guns. I said I thought I had a bad flu or pneumonia, not a gunshot wound. The doc persisted. I asked why it was any of their business. The doc said it was due to new information gathering policy and since it was a health issue 'they' felt doctors were the best suited to gather the information. I very politely but forcefully informed the doc that guns are not a health issue. Violent crime is a health issue. Guns are a cure. I redirected any further inquiries to the reason for my visit.

If you are not trying to hurt me or my family you don't need to know if I have a gun or not. Try to hurt me or my family and you will find out.

So the doctor asking about the most common tool used in suicides is not a health issue?

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Its honestly not surprising that gun sales are on the raise. GOP have been on "the DEMs are out to get your guns/crime is worse then ever before because we are not in power" and are deeply entrenched with the gun lobbying groups.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle
Its honestly not surprising that gun sales are on the raise. GOP have been on "the DEMs are out to get your guns/crime is worse then ever before because we are not in power" and are deeply entrenched with the gun lobbying groups.

You are actually correct in some ways. As concealed carry numbers have increased in areas that are not considered free fire zones err gun free zones crime has decreased. While on the other hand the cities and states with the toughest gun laws such as Chicago, Washington D.C and Baltimore have set record numbers for gun related deaths.

It is not the GOP saying the DNC is after everyone's guns... They the DNC do that all by themselves and Clinton has made no bones about her will and desire to "REVIEW" the 2d amendment or failing that her and her cronies scheme to tax bullets and guns so only they and their elite buds can afford protection. But hey go right ahead and believe those who write B.S. and offer you cool aide.youtu.be...

edit on 727thk16 by 727Sky because: ..

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

No, it is not. Anymore than the presence of rope, sheets, straight razors, car exhausts, or any other item you have in your home that is commonly used in suicides. Especially if the patient is not even there for mental health issues, nor has any serious history of mental health issues. It's not the doctor's business.

I've actually been asked this question before, and I was there for a routine exam of my female parts. I declined to answer, and told them firearms have nothing to do with pap smears and my gynecological health, or my overall physical health. They didn't ask about my driving habits, or how bad my neighborhood was, or anything else that probably had more bearing than whether or not I have a firearm.

Unless I'm coming in to have a slug removed from some part of my body, firearms have nothing to do with my health care, and thus, not anyone's damned business.

Yes. Every time a Democrat opens their mouth on the subject, gun sales skyrocket. Can't say I blame them. The anti gunners can't even get basic firearms anatomy straight, and they want to legislate what they don't even bother to understand. And nosy nanny crap like this is a fine example of that.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle
So the doctor asking about the most common tool used in suicides is not a health issue?

The US suicide rates are not even in the top 10 in the world, and most of the countries with top 10 suicides also have tough gun control laws.

My family general answer to this question is 'no' with a straight face (any other answer or questions = 'yes'). My kids do the same thing even without our coaching (and yes their doctors have been asking).
edit on 29-8-2016 by joemoe because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join