It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surprise: Gun ownership rises to 44% of all homes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
A new poll has been published stating 44% of all homes in the USA now have GUNS.. The sampling was taken using 2010 people in various groups. I wonder how accurate the poll numbers are simply because I used to know a bunch of people who would never admit to anyone that they had guns in their homes.. I do believe Obama has been the best gun salesman the country has seen in quite some time or ever ! The numbers are all over the place because CBS had been saying their poll numbers showed a steady decline down to 36%.. which I find hard to believe simply because of all the women who have purchased guns in the last five years.. The article shows a breakdown via demographics and political leanings for those who might be interested.

After a steady decline in gun ownership in recent years, more homes are reporting having a weapon inside, according to a new survey.

Pew Research Center, in a poll on guns released Friday, showed that 44 percent of the country has a gun in the house. Some 51 percent don't.

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Might surpass the 50% mark some day in the not too distant future

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

With the current climate of "Common Sense" gun laws and the distrust of doctors and the government, I am willing to bet the number is much higher.

I informed my friends and family a few years ago to NEVER tell their doctor if they own a weapon if asked, and it amazed me how many of them got a hold of me and said, "YOU KNOW WHAT? That AH asked me if I owned any guns. You were right!".

I would add 25% to that number and it would still probably be conservative.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
it's about 60% I would guess, or more.
But many simply are HUSH ,HUSH about it.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Record gun sales for I don't know how long tells me that your 60% is a pretty accurate call.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
it's about 60% I would guess, or more.
But many simply are HUSH ,HUSH about it.

I know, huh. How do they run those surveys.

Phone caller: Do you have any guns in the house?

Homeowner: "pffft"-- click.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

ALL polls in my house...SHE answers and chews them all out before I even KNOW what the call was.

It's also how there will be a landslide this year in the election.
edit on 28-8-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Even scarier, they get their information from background checks at the time of purchase.

Who has access to that information...

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

and THAT is about 75% of ALL gun trade,which only LAW ABIDING citizens conform to.
You're forgetting about criminals entirely.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I remember the first time I had a doctors appointment and the doc asked if I owned any guns. I said I thought I had a bad flu or pneumonia, not a gunshot wound. The doc persisted. I asked why it was any of their business. The doc said it was due to new information gathering policy and since it was a health issue 'they' felt doctors were the best suited to gather the information. I very politely but forcefully informed the doc that guns are not a health issue. Violent crime is a health issue. Guns are a cure. I redirected any further inquiries to the reason for my visit.

If you are not trying to hurt me or my family you don't need to know if I have a gun or not. Try to hurt me or my family and you will find out.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Even scarier, they get their information from background checks at the time of purchase.

Who has access to that information...

A number of my guns i never had a background check for as i bought them 40+ years ago.

Anyone calls me with a poll is going to get very strange answers or i will play the Tom Mabe prank on them.
800notes.com...

by the way i am on the DO NOT CALL LIST and if they still call anything goes.

edit on 28-8-2016 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Not even accounting for legitimate gun owners who don't wish to be known . . . how many gang members and other thugs did they poll?

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   

and THAT is about 75% of ALL gun trade,which only LAW ABIDING citizens conform to.
You're forgetting about criminals entirely.

No I'm not. The biggest is the US defense dept.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

A number of my guns i never had a background check for as i bought them 40+ years ago.

Thats probably one source of information for surveys, by reading what people say online.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   

THEY have lost 8.5 trillion in the pentagon POOF!
The gold fringe...

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   

THEY have lost 8.5 trillion in the pentagon POOF!
The gold fringe...

I know where that money went. Arms for terrorist organizations to overthrow foreign governments and bribes for the new puppet states that supplant them.

Thats why they can't admit where the money went.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Really where?
You got a link?
A hook up?

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Really where?
You got a link?
A hook up?

Yah, google US arms in Syria, US arms from Libya in Syria, and arms shipments to Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Turkey in Syria.

Thats just one theatre of Operations right now for the US defense Dept.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 02:41 AM
link   

AH...no .
That amount is calculated from 1966.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 02:49 AM
link   

AH...no .
That amount is calculated from 1966.

Partially. Trillions have gone missing in Iraq, Bosnia, Afghanistan, Libya. Puppet gubments now and Banana Republic dictators back when. Remember it was a lot cheaper back then to arm rebels.

<<   2 >>

join