It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diversity is not strength

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I am the son of immigrants who built this great country called canada, i am french, italian,english,scotish,irish,huron. And now my kids are part japanese.

Cultures have mingled and integrated together since before we have had written words.

Sad fact in all these types of threads is people think there the first ones with the issues of evil immigrants, your not the first to complain and you wont be the last.

But please do tell us why this time its true.
edit on 28-8-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   
The world is not ready for diversity. Diversity requires acceptance. This is in short supply in this age of fear and insecurity. One might call it dark age (in terms of consciousness).

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: xstealth

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Diversity could, should, be Strength, but the ideal has been perverted beyond belief:

PC's Perversion of Pantera's Prophecy

I disagree world history shows nothing but cultures clashing.

Segregation is an instinct of all species.

I would disagree somewhat.

A lot of American English shows our willingness to absorb other peoples and cultures. There are words in our language that don't follow any of the standard rules because they come from other languages and we did not bother to force them to conform.

Words like raccoon, moccasin, caucus, caribou, etc., came from Native American cultures. We have words that likewise come from Spanish like abalone, burrito, cafeteria, canoe, etc. We have done this with lots of languages.

We do the same with cuisines.

And different cultures do have very different ways of thinking about and approaching life and its problems. Diversity in thought is a very real and useful strength for any culture.

Where diversity ceases to be a virtue is when we stop recognizing that there does need to be a dominant culture that coheres everyone into a civil society where we all believe we are one people despite some of our smaller differences. This allows us to become colonized and balkanized one cultural group against another.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Well said my own British isles have had many different cultures come over and change our original culture. So glad they did.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: xstealth

Even the meaning of the word diversity has been corrupted, as evidenced by the way Orwell used it.
It is always a bad sign when anyone changes the meaning of words to sell you something.
Our ATS friend liveandlearn had a post that didn't get much notice but it addressed this subject
and the reasons for the international push towards the homogeneous mixing of humans.
The desired outcome is to weaken us to a state where we are more easily controlled.
Like a nice docile heard of milk cows.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ezramullins

Please we have been mixing for thousands of years and will continue to do so.
I do find it odd people in the usa are moaning about different cultures when at the beginning of your country you welcomed people from all cultures to live in the usa.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom

I do find it odd people in the usa are moaning about different cultures when at the beginning of your country you welcomed people from all cultures to live in the usa.

We did on the premise that they become Americans, not citizens of other countries living in America. There is a massive difference and that is what diversity today means: We ought not expect them to assimilate to our culture but they can and should keep their own as if they never left their own country of origin.

That is not assimilating and melting your culture into ours. It is allowing other cultures to colonize and weaken the overall fabric of society.

I am not talking about forcing people to surrender everything about their cultures, but they do need to adopt and adapt to American life and ways as dominant. There are many things that can be kept in one's culture among one's family and friends while still adopting the culture of one's new land.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom

You have missed the point completely and I have neither the time nor the patience to school you.
If you want education read the link provided to you and work from there.
edit on 28-8-2016 by ezramullins because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Diversity is a trap word for racial diversity.

Diversity is a strength. When you play a RPG, you take a Rogue, a Monk, a Wizard, a Priest and a Warrior. You don't take 5 Warriors.

Racial diversity is similar in the sense that people coming from different parts of the world have different skill-sets and beliefs to share with each other.

When they become assimilated they are then taken for their unique perspectives and thoughts and ideas.

To say this hasn't made America strong isn't true, it has.

People crying out that others aren't "American" enough don't understand what a melting pot is yet. American's eat Bagels from Poland and Coffee from Ethiopia, Cigarettes from Mexico, and that's just breakfast. In fact 'the most American' breakfast is Bacon and Eggs, something from Austria, and wasn't even popular in America until marketed in the 1920's at the end of WW1.

Then you wear clothes made in China, and many other places. We import cars, tools, weapons...

The point is America isn't made from American's, it's made from it's immigrants. And this idea is almost an ideal.

I'm white as snow and from Denver, but I still appreciate that I'm Swedish and I have a unique culture to hail from too.
edit on 28-8-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
When people are talking about diversity being a strength, the get misled into thinking that means things like diversity of race or gender, etc. This is not the type of diversity that is beneficial.

The real diversity that is important and beneficial is diversity of ideas. This allows for an open debate that allows the best ideas to thrive. It seems as if diverse backgrounds such as race would lead to diverse ideas, but this is secondary to the fact we want diverse ideas.

The irony is that the same people that rant and rave about the need for diversity are the most unwelcoming of diverse opinions that exist. They want people of all genders, religions, sexual preferences, and race, AS LONG as they all agree with the progressive mindset. This is the opposite of diversity.

Who cares what color someone is, or where they come from. I care about there being a healthy exchange of people with differing ideas.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: imjack

Yes, but even though you still acknowledge and are proud of your Swedish roots, you do not live life as if you are Swedish. You live much of your life as if you are American. You may, in your private life and with your family, keep some of your Swedish culture: foods, dishes, cultural practices, even the language, but you do not do it so much that you cannot interact normally with Americans of other walks of life.

You likely know what all the American holidays are and likely celebrate them although you may do so with your own Swedish twist to them for example.

You likely do not feel it is a racial/ethnic slight if someone is not immediately familiar with something that you know to be uniquely Swedish because you understand this is America and not Sweden, nor do you likely expect that others refrain from celebrating their way because it might offend your Swedish sensibilities or make you feel left out because Swedes do not or may not celebrate that particular holiday.

Those things above are things I am listing that do and are occuring in the name of multiculturalism. We Americans are expected to learn all these different cultures and celebrate them in the name of diversity, but at the same time, our own cultural practices are being increasingly circumscribed or cancelled because children or people of other cultures might be offended and/or "left out" because they don't celebrate those things. It wouldn't be "inclusive" and multi-cultural. So it is a one-way street.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
american culture IS Diverse! seriously, any one who's traveled much in this country should know, there are quite a few differences between the people living in california and the people living in new york, and there's quite a few differences between those two and the people living in maine, or the south. the people talk different, and often use words in odd ways that might leave you lost. recipes and dishes are different. heck you might get into an area where there holiday celebrations are a tad bit odd to you. what they enjoy doing in their free time will vary. our lands are different, with it's mountains, it's deserts, and it's ocean fronts. and our climates are different. our music is different. heck, even our histories are different really.

it's these differences that make traveling fun!!

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Diversity is strife, and strife is weakness.

Someone earlier said it best: we need to stop thinking about the little things that make us different and concentrate on the bigger things that we have in common. America was not built on diversity; it was built on a melting pot of other cultures, coming together to make a single, stronger culture. We are supposed to be all Americans, not Native Americans, European Americans, Asian Americans, African Americans... these perversions of American are what causes the strife and the lack of unity in our Great Melting Pot.

Our strength is in our unity, not our diversity. All are welcome to be one of us, if they wish to be so. That is what makes us strong.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The point is calling something American is moronic as the most "American" activities still are multicultural in their own right. Hating someone for taking their cultural perspective over an American one is double baffling as American cultural is the cumulative cultural perspective. You almost have less cultural backing for behavior verses someone acting in a "norm" for their cultural/race because "American" is an enormous generalization.

Despite semantics, there no rational argument for less diversity of its true nature however. I don't see people American freedoms being drowned out by anyone's culture appreciation.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: xstealth

So are you a proponent of the 14 words?

Just because you say something doesn't make it true, and from the comments I've seen from you regarding diversity and race, the schooling you are talking about promotes ignorance.
edit on 28-8-2016 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-8-2016 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Not only is that not limited to immigrants, but that is also a separate and controllable issue. In other places the amount you can send is limited and for terrorism reasons, it is all recorded.

Easy fix.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: LilFox

Not if they can flow thru unchecked. Off The Grid. If I can't be off the grid then neither should they.
edit on 28-8-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Thank you for alerting me. I am just posting a small part of what I read on one site...there are more if you should choose to look. Take of it what you will...or debunk. I only want to get the information behind our current situtuation out.

Austrian writer Gerd Honsik describes the essence of the Kalergi plan: Kalergi proclaims the abolition of the right of self-determination and, subsequently, the elimination of nations by means of ethnic separatist movements or mass allogeneic (genetically dissimilar) immigration. In order for Europe to be mastered by the elite, homogeneous peoples are transformed into a mixed race of whites, blacks and Asians. Kalergi characterized these mestizos as cruel and unfaithful, and maintained that the elite must deliberately create the mestizos to achieve their own superiority. The elite will first eliminate democracy — the rule of the people. Next, the elite will eliminate the people via miscegenation, there by replacing the white race with an easily controllable mestizo race. By abolishing the principle of equality of all before the law, avoiding and punishing any criticism of minorities, and protecting the minorities with special laws, the masses are suppressed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join