It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Loses It As Female Defendant Arrives In Court Without Pants

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
75 days for first time shop lifting, yes it does sound like the judge is "is in the twilight zone", what the hell is happening to this world.
I like this judge, she has respect for her fellow human beings but it would be nice to see her have a go at the people involved in this disgrace which i hope happened off camera.
No pants for 3 days for a shop lifting charge, wow

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue
Why did the judge not issue an immediate bench warrant for the immediate arrest of the person in charge of the facility concerned to explain and or be sentenced for some relevant offence.

That is beyond the scope of what a judge can order a bench warrant for.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I'm sure they were all laughing about it, till the judge flipped out..good job judge.
This reminds me of the experiment were a group split into 2 parts. One half became jailers and the other half detainees. Very interesting how after not much time the jailers became real assholes..in a pretend situation. They tried to dehumanize the detainees but in reality the jailers dehumanized themselves..imagine real life.
edit on 27-8-2016 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
If any of you criminal sympathizers had a little ambition in this life you could have found that the thug was not naked but rather wearing the same yellow short shorts that she was arrested in. She also did not ask for any feminine hygiene products. But to believe he last part one must trust the word of jail administrator over a convicted shoplifter.
edit on 27-8-2016 by Jthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: PLAYERONE01

Believe me, real americans know what state their country is in.

What should we do?

I'll just go out back and crank up my mechanized divisions, have my air support standby and advance columns to Washington.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
That’s not surprising in a southern REPUBLICAN state. They probably cut the budget so much they have to do this.

This is happening all over the country with GOP governors cutting budgets so much trying to save their precious millionaires money

The judge is great!

edit on 27-8-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: gmoneystunt

Wolf says that the proposed sentence was ridiculous given the crime was shoplifting. “75 days? No, we’re not giving you that,”

How else are the prisons going to make huge profits if they dont get a decent workout from the "slaves".
Welcome to American Gulags

www.aclu.org...

The Spoils of Mass Incarceration
The United States imprisons more people — both per capita and in absolute terms — than any other nation in the world, including Russia, China, and Iran. Over the past four decades, imprisonment in the United States has increased explosively, spurred by criminal laws that impose steep sentences and curtail the opportunity to earn probation and parole. The current incarceration rate deprives record numbers of individuals of their liberty, disproportionately affects people of color, and has at best a minimal effect on public safety.

Meanwhile, the crippling cost of imprisoning increasing numbers of Americans saddles government budgets with rising debt and exacerbates the current fiscal crises confronting states across the nation. Leading private prison companies essentially admit that their business model depends on high rates of incarceration. For example, in a 2010 Annual Report filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, Corrections Corporation of America (CCA), the largest private prison company, stated:

"The demand for our facilities and services could be adversely affected by . . . leniency in conviction or parole standards and sentencing practices . . . ." As incarceration rates skyrocket, the private prison industry expands at exponential rates, holding ever more people in its prisons and jails, and generating massive profits. Private prisons for adults were virtually non-existent until the early 1980s, but the number of prisoners in private prisons increased by approximately 1600% between 1990 and 2009.

Cry me a river, the prison products will become uncompetitive - never mind the taxpayer funding them to begin with
edit on 27-8-2016 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: sp

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

This sort of stuff is common in US prisons, the whole idea is to break people down mentally. It doesn't happen in the majority of prisons, but it happens enough to be common. And nothing ever happens because the inmates don't have legal representation, our court appointed attorneys spend on average less than 1 hour with each case these days because the system is so overloaded.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight
She wasn't in a prison. She was in a county jail. County jail budgets are handled on the county level. State prisons are entirely different entities---no comparison to county jails/holding units.
If you take a look at the printed stories linked you'll see that she did have on shorts, the same ones she had on when arrested.
Where was her attorney? Why let her sit in jail for three days? There is far more to the story than we've been told I expect. It wouldn't be the first time a judge was bamboozled.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell
She was in a county jail---Jefferson County---run by Democrats, both the county judge executive and the sheriff. Picked up for not completing a diversion agreement for shoplifting and allowed to languish in jail for three days.
The state prison system is a separate system. If you are going to comment, please get your ducks in line.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Why did the judge not issue an immediate bench warrant for the immediate arrest of the person in charge of the facility concerned to explain and or be sentenced for some relevant offence.

That is beyond the scope of what a judge can order a bench warrant for.

I thought as much frankly, but why does it not surprise me that those with power never seem to have the power to punish wrong doing on the part of those with power within the establishment?

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

I thought as much frankly, but why does it not surprise me that those with power never seem to have the power to punish wrong doing on the part of those with power within the establishment?

The woman could file a civil suit.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I agree she could but she should not have too and would take a long time and no end of stress . To my way of thinking a better protection is there should be a law about minimum dress for court by prisoners but then again there most likely is.

The system should negative incentives to present people to court in a way that humiliates, embarrasses them or otherwise impinges upon their human dignity.

For myself I would not give a stuff, I would quite happily walk into court in the nick but that it not the issue, the system should have only negative incentives to present people to court in the way this woman was.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:08 AM
link   

I agree she could but she should not have too and would take a long time and no end of stress . To my way of thinking a better protection is there should be a law about minimum dress for court by prisoners but then again there most likely is..

So you are saying more laws would prevent people from doing dumb/illegal things?

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

So the people who move people out of jail cells to transport, the transport guards, the court jesters that oversee their movement from the transport to holding cells into court rooms and their seat in chambers...

...none of them noticed?

Something smells, and it ain't the bench.

My thoughts exactly. She had to go through at least 3 levels of security/personnel before getting to the judge. How the hell they let her in front of the honorable judge with no pants.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Matt11

I spoke too soon. Someone else has pointed out she had on shorts the whole time, the ones she was arrested in.

Up the page...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Matt11

I spoke too soon. Someone else has pointed out she had on shorts the whole time, the ones she was arrested in.

Up the page...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Just to clarify, yes she was wearing shorts but it is not typical.

The explanation from corrections facility spokesperson Steve Durham is that inmates do not receive uniforms upon immediate arrival, particularly not within the first 72 hours. But Deputy Director Dwayne Clark, who brought her a jumpsuit during the hearing, told the judge that "dressed as she was," she should have been given something more to wear.

Neither had any excuse for the denial of feminine hygiene products, though, and Durham told WDRB he would look into it.
www.refinery29.com...

In court, the woman was given a jumpsuit after Wolf raised concerns and the deputy director of metro corrections told the judge she should have received one. The woman told the judge several other women in holding also did not receive jumpsuits, and the criteria were ambiguous.
www.theguardian.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join