It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the amityville horror

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
I happen to believe that what happened in that house was real. There's a book called 'The Demonologist' by Gerald Brittle. The book was so good that I finished it in less than a day. It's about Ed and Lorraine Warren's lifelong fight against the demonic (including the Amityville house). It's the scariest thing I've ever read. It affected me for a long time afterwards. I recommend it highly, but be warned, you'll have trouble sleeping. If Ed Warren says that what happened there was real, I believe him. There's a chapter in the book about a ragdoll named Annabelle that will blow your mind.

Peace

[edit on 27-1-2005 by Dr Love]

I wonder how many people ran out looking for this book after reading about it here...LOL I did...I'm about 1/2 way through...got it a couple days ago..Honestly...some of it I find really hard to believe...the readings ok, but I just can not believe its all true....NOW the weird weird weird thing...My mom stopped by and saw it on the coffee table and we were talking about it...I told her. It was so far out there that I DID not believe it AT ALL!! AS I said that I turned to go down the hall and the light went "POP!!!" didn't break but blew!!....LOL So that freaked me out!! My mom then went on and on and on about "stuff" that happened to her as a child growing up in Brazil...she believes...

[edit on 4-2-2005 by onmyown30]

EDITED TO ADD: This book is old but has been reprinted in the original uncut text...try backinprint.com I got mine at amazon though

[edit on 4-2-2005 by onmyown30]

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I have also read the book, and if you ever get a chance, watch them talk about it on The History Channel. They interview the Lutzes, and they tell what really happened.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I don't know about the hauntings, but I will say this... I just read about how Ron "Butch" DeFeo Jr. murdered his parents, sisters and brothers in cold blood... and have come to the conclusion that there's enough horror to the house without any haunting being necessary.

www.crimelibrary.com...

Read page 3... it's horrifying.

<< 1  2   >>

join