It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the amityville horror

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
i was watching last night a tape a friend of mine recorded of the history channel about the amityville horror -you know about the haunted house. anyways there were naysayers and of course the believers i for one am a believer in the demonic infestations in a house. anyways i was wondering what you think...do you believe it was true?? or a well made up story by the lutzes? i know it gave me the willies especially when they showed the pics. of the house. like evp when these pics were taken they didn't see anything as they were taking them it was only after they developed them that the strange appearances showed up. the pic of the little demon as a boy was friggen SCARY!!! it manifested itself as a child only no lower half of the body and no iris in the eyes they were just white. anyways any thoughts????

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I dont know if its haunted or not, i certaintly believe in ghosts. I live on 45 mins from there. My friend knowd someone that lived in or around that house. Ill ask her about it.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   
scary stuff,

Im not sure what to think on this one but i did find a link that investigated this, called the The Warrens Investigate: The Amityville Horror

LINK

has a few pics on it aswell

Over the years, rumors have abounded which claim to prove the Amityville case a fraud. How these rumors started and how they became so ubiquitous is unclear; what is clear is that the Warrens saw the house for themselves, and experienced some of the phenomena which occurred. They have photographs and reports which show remarkable proof of the existence of very remarkable phenomena in that house.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   
One winter night in my younger days, I convinced my now husband to take a drive out to Amityville to see the house. Well we found it, drove by it a couple times, it looked creepy in the dark, but honestly I didn't "feel" anything. A few minutes later as we were about to get back on the highway, the lug nuts on 3 of his tires came loose and luckily we managed to pull off the road without crashing. We ended up spending a night in a seedy motel near the highway, and I can assure you I didn't sleep well. Even though we were a few miles from the house, i was creeped out and blamed myself for bringing us all the way into the boondocks and getting stranded.

Funny thing was the next morning the mechanic could panthom how 4 lug nuts on each tire managed to get loose on their own like that and all give way at the same time. I don't blame the Amityville house, but it was a freaky coincidence.

btw asala, that link isn't working, try this instead:
www.amityvillehorrortruth.com...

[edit on 1-20-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I do belive in demonic forces that can manifest in houses, but I have done some reasearch on the Amittyville horror for a report once, and all the signs point to Ronald defeo just being a bully that finaly flipped and killed everyone. demonic forces do exist, but they never happened in that house. the house has been lived in by many other people, and no one has complained about anything unusual going on, besides the lutzes that is, but i don't think they count.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   
The amityville legend is one hell of a scary story. I remember when i was around 10-11 i read one of those point horror books (a bit like goosebumps) and it had loadsof 'true' stories like amityville. It was to this day one of the scariest things iv ever read- not only because of the content but because a childs imagination can be a scary place under the influence of stories like that. Id like to read it again but i dont know where it could be now!

Another one of the stories iin that book was about the a cursed mummy it was basically about loads of mysterious deaths and in the end the final owner sold it and had it shipped overseas to a museum. It turns out the boat it was on sank and that boat was the Titanic....(i have no idea whether that part of the story was true)

ANYWAYS back to amityville- yeh scary stuff i saw Amityville 3: the Demon last week it was pants. They shud definetly bring out a new one with all the special effects we can do now and make it scary as hell, id love to see that.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   
www.amityvillehorrormovie.com...
a link to the movie comeing out this year. you should wacth the trailor.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
If I'm not mistaken...The Amityville Horror was debunked years ago....try the search function I think there are other discussion here you may interested in.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by slayerfan
a link to the movie comeing out this year. you should wacth the trailor.

Yeah, I actually saw the trailer in the theatre a couple of days ago. I was like "Heck yeah! Scary movie!"

I personally don't care whether or not it's real. From the little I know, the story is pretty creepy.

I've also heard of the Rose Red Mansion...does anyone know of other houses in the US that are supposedly evil?

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
This is a very good debunking site. It shows that while the DeFeo murders really happened, there was nothing of supernatural to it. And how the hoax was put together. Really interesting. I have some friends that moved to Florida from Amityville. They lived on Ocean Drive, a very short distance from the "famous" 112 house and they said that everybody in the area knows that it's a huge hoax and that they want the truth to be known. Residents are tired of the hordes of thrill-seekers and drunken teens swarming around the area on Friday evening and on Saturday. The area's a respectable residential zone, not a tacky tourist trap.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
If I'm not mistaken...The Amityville Horror was debunked years ago....try the search function I think there are other discussion here you may interested in.

Yeah, I remember reading about how it was a hoax a few years ago. Apparently, the Lutzes decided after moving into this house that they didn't like it because (1) the murders had occured there, and (2) they just thought it was a house in poorer condition than they were told by the realtor. So, before the first payment was due, Mr. Lutz concocted the "horror" story (he figured that since (1) had occured, he could put it to good use) to get out of the house without being stuck with the contract... And what do you know? Just a few days before the first month's payments were due, they were out of the house.

As for the legend itself, could someone post a brief one paragraph version of the legend in a nutshell? All I know about it is that "The Amityville house was haunted by the ghost of the killer, those killed, and some demons too"... what makes that any more creepy than the many other stories out there along the same lines?

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThunderCloud

Yeah, I remember reading about how it was a hoax a few years ago. Apparently, the Lutzes decided after moving into this house that they didn't like it because (1) the murders had occured there, and (2) they just thought it was a house in poorer condition than they were told by the realtor. So, before the first payment was due, Mr. Lutz concocted the "horror" story (he figured that since (1) had occured, he could put it to good use) to get out of the house without being stuck with the contract... And what do you know? Just a few days before the first month's payments were due, they were out of the house.

So, is it really a hoax? Or is the hoax a hoax?

Quote:

It’s believed that the hoax rumor began with a man who called himself Dr. Steven Kaplan, although he held no doctorate degree from any university. This fact was exposed on several occasions, yet that never stopped Mr. Kaplan from making these claims. He was the self-proclaimed president of the Parapsychology Society of Long Island and some other related societies, presumably founded by himself. As far as the Warrens can tell, he hated them because Mr. Lutz, the owner of the Amityville Horror home called Mr. Kaplan prior to calling the Warrens, and asked him to investigate the situation. Mr. Kaplan came to the home to “investigate” with 6 witches and the Channel 7 news team, and Mr. Lutz threw Mr. Kaplan off the property---and then called the Warrens. This started a 20 year vendetta of Mr. Kaplan against the Warrens.

The basic claims of Mr. Kaplan insisting Amityville to be a hoax were discussed with Ed Warren and Mr. Kaplan on a Long Island radio show. Kaplan insisted that Amityville was a hoax because Jay Anson’s book, The Amityville Horror, has some inconsistencies in it, and it was not 100% accurate. The Warrens felt that Mr. Anson’s book was not 100% accurate as well, but only because Mr. Anson was unfamiliar with the terms of art of the field of demonology, not because of any purposeful error on his or Mr. Lutz’s part. Apparently Mr. Kaplan simply could not let go of the idea that he had ruined his chance to become involved in what may be the world’s most famous paranormal investigation, and therefore started the rumor that it was all a hoax.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   
For some reason I'm thinking Dr. steven Kaplan was that psychic with all those predictions that came about... Am I on track here...?

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I agree that amityville was a hoax but how about Poltergiest? Wasn't that also a supposed to be a posessed house? Any help on proving/disproving this for me?

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   
ok ok if they made it up then i want to go to the same making bs school they went to because they did a good job then, by they way anyone going to see the remake of the movie??

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by vonwoolf appollonia
ok ok if they made it up then i want to go to the same making bs school they went to because they did a good job then, by they way anyone going to see the remake of the movie??

Sure! As long as its not gory. I love to be scared, but I hate blood & guts. I don't mind if blood & guts are implied, as long as they're not shown on-screen ("The Mummy" is an example of a movie that uses this idea well -- your imagination can fill in the missing blanks without you losing your lunch.)

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThunderCloud
Sure! As long as its not gory. I love to be scared, but I hate blood & guts. I don't mind if blood & guts are implied, as long as they're not shown on-screen ("The Mummy" is an example of a movie that uses this idea well -- your imagination can fill in the missing blanks without you losing your lunch.)

Agreed. Although I thought the fight scenes with the scies (I think I spelled that right) in the second movie was really cool. I should replicate that...sorry, just another wierd hobby of mine

Seriously, though: do any of you guys believe in the whole "house that is a gateway to hell thing"? Not really even involving the Amityville horror, just in general?

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I happen to believe that what happened in that house was real. There's a book called 'The Demonologist' by Gerald Brittle. The book was so good that I finished it in less than a day. It's about Ed and Lorraine Warren's lifelong fight against the demonic (including the Amityville house). It's the scariest thing I've ever read. It affected me for a long time afterwards. I recommend it highly, but be warned, you'll have trouble sleeping. If Ed Warren says that what happened there was real, I believe him. There's a chapter in the book about a ragdoll named Annabelle that will blow your mind.

Peace

[edit on 27-1-2005 by Dr Love]

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
I happen to believe that what happened in that house was real. There's a book called 'The Demonologist' by Gerald Brittle. The book was so good that I finished it in less than a day. It's about Ed and Lorraine Warrens lifelong fight against the demonic (including the Amityville house). It's the scariest thing I've ever read. It affected me for a long time afterwards. I recommend it highly, but be warned, you'll have trouble sleeping. If Ed Warren says that what happened there was real, I believe him. There's a chapter in the book about a ragdoll named Annabelle that will blow your mind.

Cool. I asked this about a book before (and I never got the answer
) But what's the ISBN number of the book? The bookstore where I live is really small so they don't have a lot of books like that, but I can order it relatively cheaply.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by toechopper
Cool. I asked this about a book before (and I never got the answer
) But what's the ISBN number of the book? The bookstore where I live is really small so they don't have a lot of books like that, but I can order it relatively cheaply.

Sorry, I don't have that info right off hand. My copy of the book has been read by so many people that it looks more like the Dead Sea Scrolls now. Can't you get it off the internet??

Peace

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join