It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the amityville horror

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by toechopper

I've also heard of the Rose Red Mansion...does anyone know of other houses in the US that are supposedly evil?

Rose Red was a made for TV movie from Stephen King about a haunted house and some psychics who ventured in to investigate its history of eating people when they were led to believe it was a dead cell as part of a science research project.

It was just on tv a few times this past week, its a fun little movie if you like Stephen King. I'm not sure if it has any factual place in reality though, be interesting to find out.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Can anyone tell me where I can find the lutz original pictures? The ones with the Demon boy etc?

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimur
Can anyone tell me where I can find the lutz original pictures? The ones with the Demon boy etc?

The only place I've ever seen that picture is on the History Channel. I think it was an episode of 'History's Mysteries' about the Amityville Horror. The picture is very evil looking. I wonder if the demon manifesting itself as that boy was the same one that manifested itself as the red-eyed pig Jody, the one that the little girl would see outside her window. Freaky stuff!!!

Peace

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by DamnableSara
Rose Red was a made for TV movie from Stephen King about a haunted house and some psychics who ventured in to investigate its history of eating people when they were led to believe it was a dead cell as part of a science research project.

It was just on tv a few times this past week, its a fun little movie if you like Stephen King. I'm not sure if it has any factual place in reality though, be interesting to find out.

Supposedly it was, one of my friends has the DVD set and it had a short documentary about it. It's supposedly this house in Washington State, and that the background of the house they give in the movie is supposedly real (jazzed up to make it more interesting, of course). There is also supposedly a research team that went in that was lead by a parapsychologist from a local university. I looked into it a while back, and I went to the university website that the parapsychologist belonged to, and while there was info on it, it wasn't anything that I didn't know already from innitial research. So who knows if the whole thing was a load of BS or not. My guess is that while the house is real, the rest of it was fabricated as a publicity stunt.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimur

Don't know if it can help, but here are some interesting pictures. The authors claimed that they contained "strange figures", but the site author completely debunks them. I agree, since I don't see anything out of ordianry.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I read some information at some point that linked it to the old Winchester house. Then again, Stephen King uses tuns of real life inspiration for the places he sets his haunted house stories in, I seem to remember somebody mentioning the Overlook from the Shining being an actual place, a place he drew inspiration from.

I'm a firm believer that every house has its ghosts; some are just quieter than others.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by DamnableSara
I read some information at some point that linked it to the old Winchester house. Then again, Stephen King uses tuns of real life inspiration for the places he sets his haunted house stories in, I seem to remember somebody mentioning the Overlook from the Shining being an actual place, a place he drew inspiration from.

I'm a firm believer that every house has its ghosts; some are just quieter than others.

Yeah, I know. He also has some of his characters and places pop up in more than one book. If you read "Salem's Lot" he even makes a reference to himself.

I think that ghosts are everywhere, just in an alternate plane that not everyone can see. Scientists are supposedly coming out with new theories about alternate planes of existance and how gravity plays a role in tying them all together.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
There's a book called 'The Demonologist' by Gerald Brittle.

There's a chapter in the book about a ragdoll named Annabelle that will blow your mind.

OMG!! I read that book years ago. I still remember that Annabelle doll.
YIKES!!! YES ... everyone ... go to the library and ask for the book.
It's incredible!

I went to a seminar given by the Warrens about 15 years ago. It was
very interesting and very educational. They say that Amityville was real,
but the movie totally screwed over the truth of the situation. I believe
the Amityville haunting was real, but not as the movie portrays.

The Warrens have web site. They also have ghost hunts in Connecticut.
AND they have a museum on their property that they allow people to call
ahead and go through. The doll ANNABELLE is there - under glass and
locked up so no one can touch it and 'wake up' any spooks that are in it.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by toechopper
I think that ghosts are everywhere

I completely agree with you. They are everywhere. All around us.
All the time. Some can get through. Some can't. Some of us can
hear and/or see and/or feel them. Some of us can't.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   
There were some excellent book debunking the ghost aspect of it. DeFeo's father was horribly abusive, and apparently, he had an incestual relationship with his sister, complicating things. However, the Warrens and Hans Holzer present interesting cases for the paranormal aspect of the case. It is important to note that most paranormal investigations have concluded it was the spirit of Native Americans that had a burial ground on/near the site that caused the possession, not demons.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I don't know how much of the Amityville Horror was real, but it was scary. I think that when the Lutzes moved in, the murder spirits were still in the house. I read that they even slept in the beds of the family who had been killed. Not good. Here is an article about it, and an article about the Annabelle Doll.

www.warrens.net...

www.warrens.net...

www.warrens.net...

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Here is a picture of the "little boy" that was mysteriously filmed in the house. Very scary!

skeptics-and-believers.group.stumbleupon.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blueangel7
Here is a picture of the "little boy" that was mysteriously filmed in the house. Very scary!

I'm 6-3, 250 lbs., and if that thing popped out in front of me, I'd be hot-footin' it like Carl Lewis! EVIL!!

Peace

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I don't know if the story is true or not but I do know I'm going to see it when it comes out.

www.hollywood.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   

YIKES!!!!! I don't care if that picture is real or not, that's CREAPY!

Worst part is that I have a little sister who is about that size and likes to sneak up on me. I'll be jumping when she comes around the corner for weeks!

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

I'm 6-3, 250 lbs., and if that thing popped out in front of me, I'd be hot-footin' it like Carl Lewis! EVIL!!

Peace

That picture is really scary! I think that when they took the picture, they didn't see anything, but when it was developed, the "little boy" appeared only in the picture. I think that is right, but I might be wrong. It gives me chill bumps!

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 04:33 AM
link   
i read the demonologist and it is very scary in some parts about the only place i've found that book is at the library, it's an old book. here's another good book to read called beware of the night by ralph sarchie. he is an ex-cop who worked as an exorcist (of houses and people) and some of the stories in that one are creepy...

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Crikey, the ghost boy an the annabelle doll.....Jeepers creepers, shades of "chucky"!!!!

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Creepy little dude aint he

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   
i don't know why the hell i haaaadd to scroll dn. and look at the pic but i did and i think i'm going to have nightmares now, i think i'm going to go pray real hard now.. appollonia

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join