It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Oliver to Trump: Drop Out

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone
Oh man. For someone who claims they have no cares about what I say, you sure wait with baited breath for my responses. Slow day in the office?

Just trying to keep you honest.

Too bad that is impossible.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Facts show Colbert has not done well ratings wise thats why cbs had to relaunch his show. Also why the rumors about cancelling or moving him to a later time have appeared.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I don't keep up with celebrity news so I'm not aware of what you're talking about.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Yeah man you got such a busy life, almost no time to post loser liberal garbage all day every day.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: JamesGlad
Yeah man you got such a busy life, almost no time to post loser liberal garbage all day every day.

Would you like some cheese with that whine???

No real argument or facts I see. Just a personal attack on me. How clever James. You really think that's going to work??? Because I doubt it will.

Maybe go and learn something first and come back when you have a real argument.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

I don't keep up with celebrity news so I'm not aware of what you're talking about.

Oh really???
earlier you posted this gem...

It's a different show on a different network. One has nothing to do with the other. I'm not selling anything. Those are just facts.

So which is it?

I think you just line up to back anyone who bashes trump.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

You don't have to watch celebrity news to know what I wrote earlier.

He's no longer on Comedy Central. He is on CBS.

Pretty clear he moved networks I'd say. Doesn't take a lot of solving.

You're wasting your time trying to catch me being up to something because I'm not. But continue all you want It's very entertaining.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
The outcry from Trump supporters is hilarious.

A comedian rips into their beloved Trump and they have to mobilise quickly to try and play down John Oliver's popularity and relevance.

I feel sorry for his supporters, they have to work overtime to play down all the stupid things he does while simultaneously creating anti-Hillary threads over nothing.

John Oliver's Trump pieces are brilliant and extremely funny. Well worth watching.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: SudoNim

John Oliver's Trump pieces are brilliant and extremely funny. Well worth watching.

Do you enjoy watching paint dry? That's about the level of humor John displays. I prefer Eddy Izzard for my British comedy.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
John Oliver is a comedian; why are there six pages of replies about what he said ... laugh or don't laugh it's a joke ... it's not a philosophical truth to be debated.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
John Olivers show is really good but it was really low to ask trump to drop out without adressing hillary.

I thought it was awefully cheap that he said nothing about hillary.

Although, asking for hillary to drop out is even harder. A corrupt politician like her has no moral convictions to do what john is asking of trump.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

His show is often educational and informative. I do not think that being a comedian nullifies the points he presents in his 30 minute show.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Another thread where fully HALF of the responders obviously never bothered to watch the video before they started their knee-jerk 'stop picking on Trump, he's our god' ill-spelled, often grammatically incorrect rants.

If you'd bothered to watch, you'd have realized that Oliver was actually giving your hero an out. And oh boy, does he need one.

Between naked statues of him showing up all over the country (and even one city's staff releasing a scathing public response that served to make fun of him even more), his inability to keep all his 'best people' hired for more than a few weeks at a time, his tanking in the polls, he's starting to look... deflated.

One thing I've learned from all this back and forth about Trump; his supporters are largely drunks who consider their support of him a game they've become addicted to.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
So I was recently watching this episode of John Oliver with a huge John Oliver fan.
I started pointing out his biases, how he ignores reality to drive his own agenda, how he is obviously pushing the Hilldog agenda.

Needless to say I changed her mind within 5min and she to now hates John.
He really is a slimey douchebag.
Not that I'm big on Trump or anything - he's just the stupider of 2 evils.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

That's the problem - the mindset that he's just a comedian, not influencing anyone's opinion...

When you go looking for it, you realise all these shows where there's a smart guy making smart-a$$ commentary, making other people feel smart for backing him, you see the bias.. you see how they drive an agenda like a nail through plastic.

VICE really grinds my gears, Shane Smith is fine, but the rest are bias - it's so clear when you look for it.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther
So I was recently watching this episode of John Oliver with a huge John Oliver fan.
I started pointing out his biases, how he ignores reality to drive his own agenda, how he is obviously pushing the Hilldog agenda.

Great story. Within 5 minutes your friend completely changed her mind.

Are you sure your not a Trump supporter, you have the delusions to match. Idiot.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: SudoNim

No delusions,

Like I said, Trump is the stupider of 2 evils.
Hillary is pure evil, Trump is an idiot.

I'd rather go with the idiot.
I have no horse in this race, I'm not American, I only wish to express truth.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

Haha truth? After that little bs story you posted? hmm ok, let me try.

True story.

I had 20 Trump supporters over to my house last night, we decided to watch full videos of some of Trumps recent rallies.

After 4 minutes I had managed to convince each one that Trump is not the best candidate for the Presidency and they will be voting for someone else.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

That's the problem - the mindset that he's just a comedian, not influencing anyone's opinion...

When you go looking for it, you realise all these shows where there's a smart guy making smart-a$$ commentary, making other people feel smart for backing him, you see the bias.. you see how they drive an agenda like a nail through plastic.

VICE really grinds my gears, Shane Smith is fine, but the rest are bias - it's so clear when you look for it.

He is just a comedian, people might listen to his opinion the same way they listened to John Stewarts, but John Oliver has said time after time, he is not a journalist, don't use him as a news source.

The whole thing Stewart/Oliver do is for comedy... the entire point of their show is that if they can explain things to the degree that they do, a real news outlet should be able to do far better.

Also, Oliver isn't really for Hillary (neither is Stewart for that matter, he has said some very not nice things about her), he just likes her more than Trump.
edit on 27-8-2016 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: SudoNim

Great story. Within 5 minutes your friend completely changed her mind.

Are you sure your not a Trump supporter, you have the delusions to match. Idiot.

It's spelled you're. Why don't you liberals talk this kind of trash in the real world? Are you intikindated by people who can afford their healthcare?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join