It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo evidence for an altered Bible verse - Mandela Effect ramifications...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

It's not a Mandela effect. It's an effect of translating the Bible into modern language. Every translation (KJ, NIV, etc) is different, and you can compare them all directly at www.blueletterbible.org...

In fact, there's variants in the original manuscripts in Latin/Greek/Amamaic as you can see for yourself when you look at the source material on that website.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
OP poor choice for Mandela effect proof. the NIV i s missing 100's of words. Its practically Blasphemy.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   
OP, thank you for bringing this verse to my attention. It is true that this verse seems to contradict what I know of the true LORD our God.
I am a fairly new Christian (converted a year and a half ago) but have been very disturbed by certain verses of the Bible which I am certain have been altered (I am talking about my KJB, same one that I read during and resulting in my conversion to Christ). The one that bothers me the most is Luke 19:27, a parable about Christ's return, in which he commands his followers to slaughter those who would not accept His reign-- in front of HIM!!!. This obviously is completely out of character with the Jesus that captivated and completely changed me (against my will-never did I imagine myself as a Christian--honestly, I thought Christians were all a bit odd, cultish--also none of my family is Christian, you can imagine the difficulty) and goes against everything he stood (and fell and rose again) for.

Aside from having freshly read all the gospels, aside from having very clear memories about which of Jesus's "hard teachings" were the most difficult for me to digest, and which ones I had to examine closely and discuss with my Christian community in order to understand completely what I was getting into before I had a heart conversion, I am also only now noticing references online to Jesus preaching holy war. I have lived quite a few years on this planet, deliberately participated in many religious discussions and disputes in which God was maligned, (a LOT about stonings, jealousy, and casual mass murder: Genesis, Leviticus, Deuteronomy, Numbers and more) in which Jesus was mocked or accused by his enemy.. mostly for claiming that He was the ONLY way to get to the Kingdom (that those who didn't follow would suffer hellfire).. I have heard most of the arguments against Christ (minus those from the Jewish community claiming he did not fulfill the characteristics of their Messiah--but I've looked into those since).
BUT.. never until now have I heard anything about Jesus preaching holy war. Why are those who have for many years attempted to discredit His holiness only now bringing this verse to the forefront? Why does this verse completely refute everything else Jesus spoke and did?
Obviously, there are no good answers to this question but I can assure you that I am living in a very uneasy state and am so disconcerted about these (and other) changes that, well, I do my best to ignore and continue the happy life I had 6 months ago but keep coming back to this.. giant.. WTF.

Thanks for reminding me that our enemy will have certain powers to attempt to change the law.. I see this as a very possible explanation to the otherwise inexplicable dissonance (and yes, I have had my memory proven wrong in the past. Many times I have been wrong, but there is something so eerie about the ME and how it has affected me. It feels quite different.)

Perhaps it's time for me to consider getting off this internet thing and focusing on the two things I care for the most- God and family (and all you beautiful people out there!) But I'll probably be back
God bless and keep you friend!

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Maybe you should have looked harder, because they are still the same vers just worded differently as shown here...

biblehub.com...

Just because something is worded differently that doesn't change the meaning and isn't because of the ME.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Sorry double post.

edit on 23-8-2016 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:35 AM
link   

No we aren't as we know exactly who and when this whole ME bs started.

It started in 2010 by a lady named Fiona Broome because she thought Mandela died in the 80's.

She has a website where she hawks merchandise concerning ME which just goes to show the real reason for this bs...make money from the gullible.

So what was it called before ME...that's right what it always was...false memories.
edit on 23-8-2016 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

It's not a Mandela effect. It's an effect of translating the Bible into modern language. Every translation (KJ, NIV, etc) is different, and you can compare them all directly at www.blueletterbible.org...

In fact, there's variants in the original manuscripts in Latin/Greek/Amamaic as you can see for yourself when you look at the source material on that website.

Exactly what I said but seems everyone skipped over that one. Guess it's not the obvious that is being looked for here?

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

I remember the threads here everyone was looking for other "glitches" in the matrix, it went from Mandela to "life is like a box of chocolates" to the Berenstain bears, etc. Now entire channels are dedicated to it leaving us with a constant stream of youtubers every season.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

I do understand the difference in translation, as, I'm sure, do most well-read Christians. The OP is discussing problems with fundamental concepts, not translations. Many Christians consider the KJB to be the closest to a faithful translation as one can get, and the KJB seems to be experiencing more of these disruptions than any other version.

If you really think this phenom is ridiculous (and hey, it just might be!), and we are all fools misremembering movie quotes and second-rate shows and books, there is no need wasting further time reading the forums!

I really only posted as a show of support for the OP, not to try to convince any of you who don't buy it. I understand how ridiculous it sounds to those not experiencing it but all of the "false memories" related to the ME have had an entirely different effect on my psyche than any previous time I have been wrong about a memory. The effect is quite eerie and disconcerting this time (on a deep level) and I am trying to figure out why I and so many others are experiencing it.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Look. the only things you should concern yourself with is that you as a new convert do not fall into the habit of trying to live as the old testament says BECAUSE that is not for you specifically. To us the OT is a HISTORY. Since we are not hebrews or israelites we are under the new covenant.

As to verse changes being mandela effect? not so much as retranslations and re interpretations more likely. It varies from version to version,and some of it isnt literal either.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I do appreciate a useful response!

I agree that the OT should be read as a history, and also in order to get a more thorough knowledge of Jesus and all the signs which pointed to His coming and purpose.

I'd say it's also important to understand the text Jesus studied and fulfilled. It definitely is not the text I use to inform my worldview and daily choices.. God very sufficiently anwsers most questions directly through his Word (NT), and indirectly through fulfillment of prayer.

Best wishes, thanks for good advice.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
No problem Brother. And remember we all fall short at times but know theres always a reason to get back up.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
OP, thank you for bringing this verse to my attention. It is true that this verse seems to contradict what I know of the true LORD our God.
I am a fairly new Christian (converted a year and a half ago) but have been very disturbed by certain verses of the Bible which I am certain have been altered (I am talking about my KJB, same one that I read during and resulting in my conversion to Christ).

New Christians need to know what old Christians (and deconverts) know: the translations of the Bible vary with translation AND from time period to time period... and depending on which of the many original versions of each book they were using.

Most now study with a "Blue Letter Bible" that gives multiple translations and the original document (in Greek/Hebrew/Aramaic/Jewish) along with guides on how to translate the word and translation notes. You can find at least 15 versions of the Bible at the big Blue Letter Bible site on the Internet: www.blueletterbible.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

originally posted by: Byrd

Exactly what I said but seems everyone skipped over that one. Guess it's not the obvious that is being looked for here?

I noticed. You have to repeat the information several times in a thread, particularly if it's fast-moving.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Duly noted.. but I did already know that, which is why I prefer one (KJB) over the others.

I will check into the Blue Letter Bible, though. It sounds right up my ally (bigtime etymology/linguistics freak here).

Thanks!

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
People with family Bible's (that they've studied their whole life) can attest that their Bibles have changed.

Are they liars?

Bad memories (though they could be considered scholars on the subject)...?

Not likely - ME is real.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join