It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just another silly idea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I was just thinking about the rate of obesity in the last 10-20 years, so I did a few searches. In the last 10 years, the obesity rate has increased by 60%
In 1999 over 61% of the adult population was overweight or obese. So, what does this have to do with aliens?

Well, this theory is mostly for those who think they have plans to enslave humanity in the future. What if they have been tracking our general health and have noticed the alarming rate of obesity. We would be much more easy to control if we were physically unable to resist. Perhaps, once the obesity epidemic has reached say 80-90% (which is not impossible at all) of the population they will begin the process of inhabiting our planet. If our weapons are as useless as some say against them, all we would have is ourselves. And if that many peole are unable to physically fight or flee, then we would be ripe for the taking.

Anyhoo, just a random thought...

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
mpeake

Have you ever thought that the reason why those obesity numbers are so high is because over the course of the last 10-20 years aliens have placed additives in are food that make humans obese and when the population gets to the right percentage of obesity they will come to earth and feed on us?

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
You know i find its funny how everyone seems to think that a technologically more advanced race would look at humans and see something worthy of enslaving or anything more then just a bug. I mean if you where a farmer and one of your cows started useing some sort of crude tool with its hoof woudl you stop and think " hey this is an inteligent creature i cant eat it" or would you think " hey they are getting smarter so ill have to watch them so i dont end up without something to grill".

I have no basis nor anything to back this statement up but what if they are just fattening the cattle up...........

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra
mpeake

Have you ever thought that the reason why those obesity numbers are so high is because over the course of the last 10-20 years aliens have placed additives in are food that make humans obese and when the population gets to the right percentage of obesity they will come to earth and feed on us?

I suppose anything is possible...I they are monitering the increase, they of course could be the cause for the increase. But, I just have no idea how they could do something like that. Perhaps they have a way to remove the parents desire to raise healthy children. There is no excuse not to eat healthy and excersise, other than a lack of will to do so. So, if they have the ability to remove the will, then they would be in business.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
So, in essence....Ronald McDonald is a Reptoid?

I'll buy that!

Here's a worse idea....maybe they just want us to fatten up to provide more food...ala "V"

[edit on 20-1-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
mpeake, Dude .....You Are Far..I mean like, where are you ? ( really ) ??

[edit on 20-1-2005 by York Rite91]

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I've seen some pretty interesting characters in the back flipping my burgers before.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Lets put this into perspective if we believe in aliens visting us then we must assume that they are far more advanced then us given we cannot do anywhere near the things we speculate they can. So lets use an example

Now certain chimps use crude tools ( sticks ) to extract ants from an ant hill and the communicate using a language we do not understand ( mainly consisting of body language and what sounds like clicks and chirps to us ) Humans who encounter other humans that dont speak their language also try to communicate using body language ( or we just talk louder and slower which for some reason in our mind we think works )

So here we have another life form showing inteligence, using very crude tools, and communicating with one another. Do we try to share our knowledge with them or do we just write them off as way to primitive. So we cage them, keep them as pets, and occasionaly we eat them. If chimps where fatter then cows or reproduced like pigs i could easily see us even farming them but they dont so for now they are just primitive creatures.

So here is an advanced life form roaming through the galaxy that stumbles across a fat species of life that uses tools that are very crude allmost seemingly sticks compared to their technology. This primitive species ( man ) would look allot like a chimp from that perspective wouldnt it?

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake
I've seen some pretty interesting characters in the back flipping my burgers before.

hhmmmm,be careful, that was me.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Twilight Zone episode : " To Serve Man..."

You guys a freakin me out....

I go down good with Honey mustard.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Health wise,sugar is our enemy.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Reptoids are our enemy, especially when they gave us those bad filthy technology to prevent us from walking around, just sit eat more sit enjoy TV. I heard they put TVs in front of cows, or it was music to eat more food. See?

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra
mpeake

This dosen't seam likely as it makes more sense that the reptilians would want their food source to be healthy.
Cattle are selectivly bread to make sure we have cattle which have more meat and less fat.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 02:04 AM
link   
*Munch Munch* talks with mouth full......"Whjk;at?

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Naw i don't think making us fat will make us weaker, It'll just make us even meaner if they try and put our fat butts into camps with a limited food suppy!!
Man can be a savage beast! You only have to piss us off to see that, even if only 20% of us fight back savagely , that would still be a big problem. when we are calm we love to eat,get drunk , and waste resources. When we are being told what to do , we want to see Blood!! i don't think even a hundred generations of cattllization would take the beast out of us. Especially if we aren't kept calm at all times,

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 02:33 AM
link   
The reptilains have been covertly telling us what to do thru the media for a long time seams few even accept the threat exists...

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthResearcher2000
The reptilains have been covertly telling us what to do thru the media for a long time seams few even accept the threat exists...

Well whether they have been doing it for a while or not, How many people do you know that Just don't plain Listen to what they are told to do. This little fact gives me a little hope, if anything tried to take us over, hopefully we would be too disgruntled and angry to listen, then again i could see alot of people just following like sheep

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   

So here we have another life form showing inteligence, using very crude tools, and communicating with one another. Do we try to share our knowledge with them or do we just write them off as way to primitive. So we cage them, keep them as pets, and occasionaly we eat them. If chimps where fatter then cows or reproduced like pigs i could easily see us even farming them but they dont so for now they are just primitive creatures.

I think we'd try a little harder to communicate with chimps if we could tell that they were capable of radically altering the environment and building structures.

For example, imagine you're in a flying saucer, descending down to some strange planet. You see crops in squares, buildings, moving vehicles along obviously artificial roadways, etc. I think that they would recognize sentience from non sentience....
Primitive? Perhaps, but certainly not on the same order as animals...

top topics

join