It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When the Buttefly Effect actually effects you

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Hello. I will try to put down this very clear and short as it can drift away while I am writting as the possibilities are endless. I want your thoughts on this and maybe we can come up with something cool =). I am going to ask it as a question rather than a theory.

From the childhood I always thought about the butterfly effect without even knowing it was a known fact till I read about it on internet. Well; it was not discussed clearly in my opinion as I am going to touch another aspect of it.

You know; butterfly effect alters the fate of others which is actually the fate of others. It is an unevidable thing as if its going to happen its going to happen you know. Lets say If I am going to do something; I am gonna do it and it will affect you so it is not actually a butterfly effect. But the thing I am going to talk about is the energy built on you and the results on you.

Here is the example:

I tweet something to someone very famous and it is retweeted by him/her. 2 million people read it and for a friction of time I steal some moments from them. It changes their life. 1 social person (including real life, not internet) interacts with 200 people or more even though they know them or not. So it is multiplied by 200. That 200 hundred also alters others' life because of that effect. So in a day; it comes down to altering more than 200 million people's life or more.

Lets discuss:

1. Does it mean I changed the world behave with that move?
2. What would be the effect of that on me?

Interesting isn't it? Or I'm just making noise? lol .

Anyways. Waiting your thoughts on this.

Stay safe.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: belkide

You reminded me of Kalashnikov; inventor of AK-47. For all the success and popularity of the weapon, he lived under a cloud of remorse:

"My spiritual pain is unbearable.

"I keep having the same unsolved question: if my rifle claimed people's lives, then can it be that I... a Christian and an Orthodox believer, was to blame for their deaths?

"The longer I live, the more this question drills itself into my brain and the more I wonder why the Lord allowed man to have the devilish desires of envy, greed and aggression."
NPR/BBC

He changed the world in some ways and wished he hadn't.

Objectively, we change the world with every breath we take and movement we make. Tweets will change whoever reads it when they react with "meh" or "yeah!" I guess some Tweets can be obscenely offensive and aggressive too.

Tweet-wise is like the difference between a smile and a scowl in real life. We smile, they smile and both sides feel great. Send a warm, funny Tweet and sender/recipients feel better.

Send a poison Tweet and only one side (or neither) will feel good

Maybe our actions (PMs/Tweets/emails/letters etc) are like drops in the ocean of human happiness? Each one can either raise or reduce the levels even though it's almost impossible to tell the difference.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Well said...

I think I recall Oppenheimer having the same regrets in later life.

Butterfly effect is definitely real.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Hmm.
So what about the point where you influence more than 200m people in a day? This leads to maybe the whole population in 3 days (in my fantasies and dreams). Then it comes back to you. But I am not talking about a negative or positive tweet. I am just talking about "stealing a moment" and "postponding" their actions and changing the flow of their life regarding to that missing moment. Like "missing a bus" etc.

Whats your thoughts on that?
edit on 21-8-2016 by belkide because: missing question mark

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Yes every being with capability of action, even the smallest spreads its energy and influences the surroundings accordingly, It is true also that a small action can deliver huge changes if directed in the needed manner. Life is constant unpredictable interaction between its parts, that's why is so gorgeous to experience it. The first and last words of God's creation would be very simple:

Perfection.never.do.repeat.itself.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

I want to ask you ...If I for example, do the action of posting this video in front of millions of people.

This creates a ripple effect correct?

Cause & effect. If my mind and thoughts are set to create heaven on earth through the balance of freedom and lawfulness, is it possible to cancel out other ripple effects, for example: Can Lawfullness Cancel out unlawfulness?

or will natural law and un-natural laws cancel eachother out?

Does energy /emotion which fuels thought, also give strength to the intent?

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   

How about this one, i frequently dream about the events of the next day, today for example, i saw a person, that i have not seen in ten years (hate that guy) walking past me in the street, and last night, i had a dream, (i have never seen him in my dreams before) that we were fighting.

i often see meaningless events of the future.

_edit, i just realized, its about nonlinear time theory- it must be true if you think about it, at least this is how i am feeling.
edit on 21-8-2016 by solve because: BACK TO THE FUTURE!

- And remember folks, you are always living in the past because of our brainz.
edit on 21-8-2016 by solve because: Brainzzz

-one more then am good... you can not remember the past accurately, no one can, so you can not predict the future accurately, thats why he walked past me, and we were not fighting, or its about alternative realities. well, weird anyhow.
edit on 21-8-2016 by solve because: WEIRD SCIENCE!

edit on 21-8-2016 by solve because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-8-2016 by solve because: must be filled out

Come to think of it, the non linear time theory would explain everything from ghosts to aliens.
edit on 21-8-2016 by solve because: explain like a dalek

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I also thought of the theory when I was very young, read about it in a book when I was 10 and thought - it has a name!

Gotta roll with the punches, if a negative ripple disrupts you, you gotta throw some positive ones right back out.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Your opening post seems to relate to the topic of cause-and-effect and the nature of its influence. I find the topic of causality to be very fascinating. We know that causality is real, but just how far-reaching is its grasp?

Nonetheless, I believe that if every person took responsibility for their own actions, the butterfly effect would be less profound.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

That is why I was wondering if it was possible to cancel a negative causality with a positive one. A counter ripple.
Natural Law is real. And so is karma, which ties in with Cause & effect.
edit on st2016000000Sundayst000000Sun, 21 Aug 2016 10:55:54 -0500fAmerica/ChicagoSun, 21 Aug 2016 10:55:54 -0500 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
cause and effect....chain of events....all of the chaos makes perfect sense...when youre spinning round things come undone...welcome to earth third rock from the sun.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

It's exactly what my username means. That's why I picked it. My location too. Even hte way my avatar repeats like a mirror image is related to this. That's why I act the way I do knowing full well that my responsibility can reach much further than direct changes I enact of my own freewill, but as you mentioned a far reaching cascade of changes.. A butterfly effect.

I also look at it like an equation. Sort of all the emotions of every human, if you make someone smile you are also happy so this equation is over unity of emotions in both directions.. It makes you unhappy to piss someone else off (in general).. At any given moment there is some number that favors either positive or negative, and we can all add or take away from the over all vibe.

We can create or destroy. Harmonize or Deharmonize.

edit on 21-8-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-8-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

So what about the point where you influence more than 200m people in a day? This leads to maybe the whole population in 3 days (in my fantasies and dreams). Then it comes back to you. But I am not talking about a negative or positive tweet. I am just talking about "stealing a moment" and "postponding" their actions and changing the flow of their life regarding to that missing moment. Like "missing a bus" etc.

Someone invented a word "sonder" that seeks to describe the awareness that we're one part in something much greater. We have the privilege and responsibility of knowing our actions affect others and (imo) we should use that potential to do as little harm as possible. We can't always guarantee positive outcomes, but we can certainly minimise the negative ones.

I've read posts on ATS that have changed how I look at the world. A smile can save lives and change many more as we walk on in our little worlds. I 100% believe in the 'Butterfly Effect' as it relates to human nature and society.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

You have in fact changed the world, what if someone who read your post delayed their ride to work, only to miss a pile up, than that person has a child who becomes the next Einstein, your actions could branch out to profound proportions, or may amount to nothing.

I have a similar theory, and idea on fate/reality, and how every moment creates who you are, and has the potential to change your own life, and every life you touch. A somewhat off topic example would be me finding an arrowhead spear point while hiking. It is possibly thousands of years old, and I happen to come across it after someone else "lost" it, this in turn affected me, and got me interested in artifact, and relic hunting, as well as native american history. Who knows the impact it had and will have on me, all from one guys arrowhead.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

I've read posts on ATS that have changed how I look at the world. A smile can save lives and change many more as we walk on in our little worlds. I 100% believe in the 'Butterfly Effect' as it relates to human nature and society.

My entire life changed. This path I've gone down, and the years I've been here.. I'm really changed a lot. That would happen no matter what I did as long as it was new, but ATS has a special community feeling about it. There are so many nice members with true hearts and discerning minds. Many times when we fight or argue here, it ends in an apology and a closer bond moving forward.

It's like that where I work too.

I feel so lucky.

At the same time I am also a part of it.

We all effect it all

And ATS is a damn good microcosm of what the world culture could be, as a possibility not plausibility necessarily.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

The problem with Cause & effect is that it also proves the existence of a supernatural intellectual force. Its too perfect to just be a random event in the Universe.

Probably the reason why not many like to touch the subject. But it is indeed a fascinating one no less

Mark Passio Decodes the matrix movies and mentions Causality around 1:09:40

You may be interested in reading this dialogue carefully.

Cause & Effect

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I would say that the more people there are in the World, the more we are affected by the actions of others. The globe is becoming smaller and smaller, in communication terms...hence, even the smallest of causes can have a great effect.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

So funny you mentioned this name in this thread at this time. My family is indirectly related to one of the members of the Manhattan project.

I often wondered if the Government wanted to protect this person so much and their direct family members that they would cover up some illegal/unethical activities of their family?

Just recently I was thinking how drastically my life would have been different if that family didn't same some type of protection.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: fromtheskydown

There is one of the judgement day prophecies from Qu-ran (I am interested in many stuff and this is one of them) and it is said

-"When the whole population can be informed at the same time" or something like that.

Interesting.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

So happy to hear you are happy dude. Its very uncommon nowadays you know...

top topics

join