It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be The Change, The Solution

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: searcherfortruth

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: searcherfortruth

What if my change conflicts with your change?

Tell me what change you are willing to do? Is there anything on the list you find possible? 25 ways does not mean they are all achievable for everyone, but there must be at least one we can agree works for both of us, even if that is not the point of this OP. The point is for you to do something unselfish for others, is that something you are capable of?

Do I get to define something unselfish?

Or do you?

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: WanderingNomadd

Also you can take jury duty and stubbonly shout not guilty when face with retarded # that people should'nt even be there for like posession of cannabis.

S&F

Thanks, but what about the list? Is there something that you would be willing to do on the list?

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

I have no issues with this list, stating that must be what a news presenter would feel stating their is no news today.

Small steps, some of those steps I've did and it fundamentally changed my life.

I think the most important is for all to speak up, not shout just make sure you are heard. If everyone did that with respect for one another the world could change tonight. I read a thread here once that said all communication can be boiled down to "food" and "danger", that may very well be true and I can't help but think why so many starve and we live with so much conflict....

Aside from the speaking up part, is there anything you can specify on the list that you find necessary to implement change?

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   
An "unselfish" thing I might endorse would be to stop telling people how to live.

I would want people to live as they want to, not to be dictated to, not to be mandated to. As long as they to, are unselfish and don't infringe on the rights of others, then they should be free to do what THEY want, not what I want.

I would want people to be free to self-determine their own futures, destinies, and lives.

That is the most unselfish thing I could do.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: RAY1990
a reply to: schuyler

Except it isn't or it shouldn't be. My opinion here is one I've gathered through observation so if it seems foreign to you maybe it is, I don't know.

I would never have imagined such a reply. Humans aren't naturally altruistic. We've been told this is the proper way to be by others who have decided to take on a tone of moral superiority. If you show such compassion of your own free will, then that is to me altruistic. If such behavior is coerced, then you are the victim of manipulation. Within the small context of our conversation, if you tell me dogs in shelters need to be adopted, I understand that and consider it a true and reasonable statement. If you tell me the only way I "should" obtain a dog is by adopting a dog from a shelter, I resist that on principle. Altruism cannot be required.

Nothing is required, either you care or you don't. The best thing for animals that are in shelters is that they are adopted by loving, caring, responsible people, rather than being put down because of lack of interest. Deciding to adopt a pet of any kind is not required, but it is a humane thing to do.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: searcherfortruth

What if my change conflicts with your change?

Tell me what change you are willing to do? Is there anything on the list you find possible? 25 ways does not mean they are all achievable for everyone, but there must be at least one we can agree works for both of us, even if that is not the point of this OP. The point is for you to do something unselfish for others, is that something you are capable of?

Do I get to define something unselfish?

Or do you?

By all means define being unselfish for all of us? Is there a definition besides doing for others without expecting anything in return? I can't wait to hear your reply and your definition.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Where's the choice for Live & let Live...

Why do we have to conform to others' list of acceptable ways to live...?

I am not without fault, but I live free.... it would be a refreshing experience to those caged in feeling guilty due to this liberal BS...

Face the fact that folks are different... for the most part we are decent...

Shaming/herding everyone into corrals only divides us all...

Let's work on something more productive, like ridding our gov't of those who have laughs, drink and dine off our taxpayer money, with zero interest in representing those who vote them in...

I would love to see the roaches scurrying should and outsider gain control...

as Snowden said.. It's time....

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   

I had already provided an answer. See above.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 03:28 AM
link   
What do you do when a certain group of people are more interested in the cause than analyzing what is the root cause for change to need to happen and their change is not making the whole better but create other problems in the system?

How do you create a new system that is better when people are indoctrinated to follow old ideas and will not allow change?

How do you handle souls that are indoctrinated and do not have self awareness and question everything?

How do you handle people that create a story of victim doom to gain extra privilege for themselves?

How do you handle corruption in organizations that are feeding on others giving the illusion that they are altruistic when they are only greedy ponzi schemes?
edit on 20-8-2016 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

I am still waiting for humanity to create social system 2.0 where humanity design and implements systems that are not based on the pyramid shape where power and information always trickle up and indoctrination/illusion trickles down.

Same core idea for the last 2000 years. It will be interesting when intelligence and logical reasoning will be used to create societies that benefit all not just the top of the power pyramid.
edit on 20-8-2016 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Hmm, I believe in freewill so personal growth and change is where I would start.

Volunteering - Unless you work 60 hrs a week and/or care for someone the you (we) most likely have a half hour or more to give in service. Sometimes it isn't ideal with travel etc but volunteering can be helping a neighbour clear the shed.

Support family & friends - The culture of "we don't talk about that" still exists for the most part, which is funny because more and more people "talk" via social media, I guess it could go hand in hand with minimalizing tech but it doesn't have too. Support in general, we've all had those moments looked back on where we knew we could have helped

Litter - I'm a messy sod at heart and always will be but I never leave rubbish on others land, it cannot be that hard to keep hold of a bottle till you see a bin. Nobody would accept someone throwing litter around the dining room so why is it acceptable in public.

Being honest, a lot of that list could be tied into what I've just wrote, such as conversing with the elderly and treating all with equal respect. Personally I'd say most of the list is about self awareness and growth the rest is social economics I guess. Eating local is better for you and the economy and recycling can save a lot of money for instance I brew as a hobby and I recycle all my glass bottles. Growing your own food can be rewarding in more ways than one too.

Supporting local and independent businesses is good too, mainly because requesting stock is much easier

Yes I'm a fussy customer at times but at the end of the day a small business has no issue stocking a few items that only you buy, Wallmart/ASDA do have an issue with that and it's money. They have huge warehouses of stock and stock for the majority and same goes for pubs/restaurants. For instance Best Western hotels, a lot of them are independent hotels under the Best Western franchise operating as they see fit (as long as it's of standard) this means they have more freedom in terms of stocks of food & beverage. I bet the US has a few franchises that stock the same crap in every state they operate in though I understand micro-brewing isn't exactly micro in the US.

Hmm, might if got carried away... That'll do.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   

An "unselfish" thing I might endorse would be to stop telling people how to live.

I would want people to live as they want to, not to be dictated to, not to be mandated to. As long as they to, are unselfish and don't infringe on the rights of others, then they should be free to do what THEY want, not what I want.

I would want people to be free to self-determine their own futures, destinies, and lives.

That is the most unselfish thing I could do.

But we are all sovereign beings, if one allows oneself to be dictated to the issue lies with me fundamentally. We all have the choice to stick the finger up or stick them in your ears and sing "He's got the whole world in his hands". Not having dictators in the first place helps but we'll always have inconsiderate jerks being, well. Inconsiderate.
edit on 20-8-2016 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Relating that for over 50 years...its been proposed that we can be the problem(s)..or the solution(s).

Thats all...some have never heard of that or was around when it was said...my point.

Be the one you want to be.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join