It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be The Change, The Solution

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
25 SIMPLE WAYS YOU CAN ACTUALLY CHANGE THE WORLD
galacticconnection.com...

I know this is cliché and has been spoken of by others, but I couldn't resist posting this list of things we can all do just a little of to help this world be a better place. I do many of the things on this list as often as I can. I am going to post the first 6 here to get you started; you can find the rest of them at the above link to galactic connection or the link below to the author. I think it is important for initiative to take place, so if you really are interested you will follow through.

Individually, we all can make a difference, collectively is strength in numbers. I challenge you all to be the best version of you, that you can be.

Written by DAN FRIESAUGUST 18, 2016
www.collective-evolution.com...

Turn on the TV.

What do you see?

Tornadoes, typhoons, devastation everywhere. Homeless people, corrupt politicians, poverty. Robbery, rape, murder. Climate change. War. Pollution. I could go on and on.

But just a few of these is enough to make one feel depressed about what’s going on in our world. Seven continents, 193 independent countries. You are one human being in a world of 7.4 billion other individuals.

You want to help make a difference.

You want to change the world — but how?

You’re just one person — a tiny speck compared to 7.4 billion people.

Can you really change the world by yourself?

The answer is a resounding yes! Many people think that one person can’t make a difference.

But imagine this: 7.4 billion individuals each doing something to change the world. So you see, change can start with one person.

Change can start with you, right here, right now.

1. Volunteer. Volunteer for a few days and immerse yourself in new experiences. This will help you see life through new lenses and will enlighten you about the different situations in your community.

2. Support a cause. Find something you are passionate about and fight for it. It can be saving the environment or raising funds for a new hospital. Join groups that support your advocacy.

3. Respect others. It is important to respect everyone and to afford each person their right to be treated with decency and humanity. There is more to what meets the eye, so erase prejudices, eliminate labels, and stop judging.

4. Pay it forward. Take a photo for a tourist or open the door for someone. Random good deeds are pleasant surprises. You have no idea how it affects other people, especially those who aren't used to being treated that way. More than how it makes the people you help feel, you might even start a ripple with your intentional generosity and helpfulness.

5. Adopt from your local shelter. Most animals in shelters are rescues in need of loving homes. If not adopted, they will be euthanized. Adopt a rescue and give animals a second chance. You will also get a new best friend as an added bonus!

6. Be more conscious about health and nutrition. Try to eat more vegetables and fruits than meat. Aside from the physical and mental benefits you’ll get, the environment will also benefit from this change in lifestyle. You will also be supporting farmers in need by purchasing their produce.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

Also you can take jury duty and stubbonly shout not guilty when face with retarded # that people should'nt even be there for like posession of cannabis.

S&F
edit on 19-8-2016 by WanderingNomadd because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
In other words, "become a liberal." When you read all 25, that's what it comes down to. And while you're at it, become a vegetarian and only get pets from a shelter. Some of them are very good ideas, truly. Who can be against loving puppies? But some of them are downright scary. 'Taking up a cause" is the scariest. NEVER trust anyone with a cause. First, it overwhelms them, then they seek to overwhelm you because to someone with a cause, you are expendable and the enemy. People with a cause are the scariest people on Earth.

Avoid them.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

'Taking up a cause" is the scariest. NEVER trust anyone with a cause. First, it overwhelms them, then they seek to overwhelm you because to someone with a cause, you are expendable and the enemy. People with a cause are the scariest people on Earth.

That is true. Mental gymnastics can take you from Positive to Negative without you ever realising it.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I have no issues with this list, stating that must be what a news presenter would feel stating their is no news today.

Small steps, some of those steps I've did and it fundamentally changed my life.

I think the most important is for all to speak up, not shout just make sure you are heard. If everyone did that with respect for one another the world could change tonight. I read a thread here once that said all communication can be boiled down to "food" and "danger", that may very well be true and I can't help but think why so many starve and we live with so much conflict....

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
In other words, "become a liberal." When you read all 25, that's what it comes down to. And while you're at it, become a vegetarian and only get pets from a shelter. Some of them are very good ideas, truly. Who can be against loving puppies? But some of them are downright scary. 'Taking up a cause" is the scariest. NEVER trust anyone with a cause. First, it overwhelms them, then they seek to overwhelm you because to someone with a cause, you are expendable and the enemy. People with a cause are the scariest people on Earth.

Avoid them.

I could argue about those who take up a cause and never ask for limelight or those that have never been extreme or those that understood their cause could be wrong, I won't. People with causes tend to be scary.

As I posted earlier it's communication issues, animal ownership and the mistreatment is usually down to bad communication or understanding. Animal shelters exist due to negligence, plain and simple. Now if the owners understood that you can't keep a dog built for fighting in an estate or that you can't afford two dogs, a good percentage of animals homes would close (simplified I know).

I too read a lot of "hippy BS" reading that or liberal if you must, though in essence I interpret it all as positive.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

As I posted earlier it's communication issues, animal ownership and the mistreatment is usually down to bad communication or understanding. Animal shelters exist due to negligence, plain and simple. Now if the owners understood that you can't keep a dog built for fighting in an estate or that you can't afford two dogs, a good percentage of animals homes would close (simplified I know).

I agree completely. Not dissing animal shelters or the need for them. People who are willing to take on particularly abused animals are high in my book. It's an altruistic thing to take on.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

It's an altruistic thing to take on.

Except it isn't or it shouldn't be. My opinion here is one I've gathered through observation so if it seems foreign to you maybe it is, I don't know.

Someone I used to work with worked with abused women, namely getting court cases set out and the counselling the victim needs. He only ever told people close to him and I happened to say to him when he told me that it's an altruistic cause and he gave me the eye. At the time I never understood why.

Now I think I do, it isn't altruistic what he did/does, on the contrary. He was acting like a human being, we all should be supporting regardless of who or why. In a nutshell all he did was formally support a "supposed" victim if one needs to be technical and I think the world in general has an issue with technicality... After all not only a teacher can teach.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Go find some homeless people and hand out a few things like folding ponchos, mini flashlights, wool cap, pair of socks, a lighter, a box of granola bars or cup 'O soups.

Useful things and maybe a few bucks won't 'fix' them, but it will make their day a little bit easier.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

*1968-MC5 Concert-Grande Ballroom (also included in the MC5 LIve album, Kick out the Jams)
This one opening opened our eyes to the thought that we all have a choice..one way...or the other...

Brother J. C. Crawford hits the stage, introducing the band:

'Brothers and Sisters:

I wanna see a sea of hands out there.
Let me see a sea of hands...
I want everybody to kick up some noise.
I wanna hear some revolution out there, brothers
I wanna hear a little revolution..."

"Brothers and sisters, the time has come
For each and every one of you to decide...
Whether you are gonna be the problem, Or whether you are gonna be the solution!"

"You must choose, brothers, you must choose.
It takes 5 seconds, 5 seconds of decision...
Five seconds to realize that it's time to move.
It's time to get down with it!"

"Brothers, it's time to testify and I want to know...
Are you ready to testify? Are you ready?"

edit on 19-8-2016 by mysterioustranger because: edit

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

Except it isn't or it shouldn't be. My opinion here is one I've gathered through observation so if it seems foreign to you maybe it is, I don't know.

I would never have imagined such a reply. Humans aren't naturally altruistic. We've been told this is the proper way to be by others who have decided to take on a tone of moral superiority. If you show such compassion of your own free will, then that is to me altruistic. If such behavior is coerced, then you are the victim of manipulation. Within the small context of our conversation, if you tell me dogs in shelters need to be adopted, I understand that and consider it a true and reasonable statement. If you tell me the only way I "should" obtain a dog is by adopting a dog from a shelter, I resist that on principle. Altruism cannot be required.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

What if my change conflicts with your change?

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

"Brothers and sisters, the time has come
For each and every one of you to decide...
Whether you are gonna be the problem,
Or whether you are gonna be the solution!"

This one opening opened our eyes to the thought that we all have a choice..one way...or the other...

That's what I'm talking about. One scary dude. When people start talking like that, I am certain they mean to eliminate me. It won't do them a damn bit of good, but they don't see far enough ahead to realize that. And my response to that is the same as The Beatles ORIGINAL refrain, before it was changed to be politically correct:

"Don't you know that you can count me out!"

Later on part of the lyrics are, "we'd love to see the plan." and too often revolutionaries don't have one because, like I said above, they don't see that far ahead. You want to chop off heads, and after you're done realize no one knows how to run the place.

So if you want a revolution, I'm your opposition.

originally posted by: DBCowboy

A rather pithy observation.
edit on 8/19/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

It stands to reason that unifying "change" would have to include everyone being on the same page, as it were.

Frightening is too small a word to convey my impression.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Avoid them.

Why does there have to be a label for doing good things? It doesn't suggest being a vegetarian, it says eat more fruits and veggies and less meat. Taking up a cause is scary? Is there anything you think is worth doing? Or does the whole list fall beneath your capability? That is what is scary.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Avoid them.

Why does there have to be a label for doing good things? It doesn't suggest being a vegetarian, it says eat more fruits and veggies and less meat. Taking up a cause is scary? Is there anything you think is worth doing? Or does the whole list fall beneath your capability? That is what is scary.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Tell me what change you are willing to do? Is there anything on the list you find possible? 25 ways does not mean they are all achievable for everyone, but there must be at least one we can agree works for both of us, even if that is not the point of this OP. The point is for you to do something unselfish for others, is that something you are capable of?

link   

Tell me what change you are willing to do? Is there anything on the list you find possible? 25 ways does not mean they are all achievable for everyone, but there must be at least one we can agree works for both of us, even if that is not the point of this OP. The point is for you to do something unselfish for others, is that something you are capable of?

link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Yeah it's highly dependent on who's change everyone is getting on board for.

The thing about changing something, there are unintended consequences, and it always changes.

You may be onto something Cowboy, the first thing that needs to change is to get everyone on the same page, my page.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

What is your point? Are you able to identify something on the list that you are willing to do?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join