It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Louisiana Doesn't Need My Distractions

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Yeah. I always wanted a purple heart...

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: reldra

Trump didn't consider that. He didn't think about what his going there would do to civic resources.

He heard Obama wasn't down there and he needed to one up him.

That is true. He didn't even tell the governor he was coming. So it was worse...take up police resources by surprise.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Because they fear they will lose.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

a reply to: Nucleardoom

Well wishes from a gulf course? I think the federal workers that are down there with their sleeves rolled up would say differently.
Obama realizes this is not the time for grandstanding.
Trump? Hrumph...totally typical.

Have you seen the video of the people when Trump showed up? Their spirit's weren't lifted at all. Why is that such a bad thing to bring even a little happiness to someone who's lost everything? It seems there are some very black hearts here at ATS. You can call it grandstanding all you want, but I guarantee you from a mental perspective seeing someone actually take the time to come there to fully understand the magnitude of damage is a huge lift and somewhat reassuring when you have NOTHING left. Many people will never get that point until their in that same situation.
edit on 19-8-2016 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Trump didn't consider that. He didn't think about what his going there would do to civic resources.

He heard Obama wasn't down there and he needed to one up him.

It's all about look at me ...
Why do these guys think this is a different trump. There's only one.
The I my me mine Trump.
Always...

Again, there are PLENTY of civil resources. This is only a small area of the state. They pulled National Guard from ALL over the State and people, church groups. They have more than enough I assure you. I'm from this area and served during many storms spanning two decades. I even served during Sandy when I moved there for a while and same situation: Resource overload. In fact over there, the labor unions turned down National Guard help so they could earn more money. That is not going on in La. They all come together.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Trump scored major points today and lifted many spirits.

Hillary's downward trend in the polls will no doubt accelerate into a spiral.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

The oil spill was more than just La. It was the entire Gulf Coast. People didn't lose their homes but income from fishing and tourism. It was more devastating than this financially on the whole region. People could not work. Many of these areas were still recovering from Katrina like Cameron Parish and Grand Isle. But yes, no homes were destroyed. If you are basing impact on homes oil spill no impact. Financially it was more devastating that this flood.
edit on 19-8-2016 by LifeMode because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

It's not a bad thing. Why didn't he send the goods and keep his face home? That would have been altruistic. Why did he have to go? To show up Obama that's why.
Otherwise he would have just sent a truckload of goods and kept low to avoid publicity.
There's a funny thought...Trump avoiding publicity.
LOL.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
The people were glad to see him. Very glad in fact from the videos. They loved it. Very uplifting for them which is something they need right now. If one thinks it's a bad thing or Trump is the epitome of evil and racism I can't help you there. All I know is the people liked it and that's all that matters end of the day. They got some smiles and good conversation, something they have not had in a while.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

That's funny. Here's your guy:

Trump: 'I always felt that I was in the military'

According to an upcoming biography and interview excerpts shared with The New York Times, Trump said that his five years at the New York Military Academy provided him with "more training militarily than a lot of the guys that go into the military."

“My number was so incredible and it was a very high draft number. Anyway so I never had to do that, but I felt that I was in the military in the true sense because I dealt with those people,” Trump told the author in another excerpt.

I'm sure there's probably some story of his somewhere about a time when he was stuck in an elevator and it was just like John McCain being a POW from '67-'73. Of course I'm sure he would have promptly got out of that elevator, because you know, he's a winner.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

If Trump goes he gets dragged threw the crap hole. If he doesn't go he gets dragged through the same crap hole. If Hillary goes or don't go same crap hole.
I give Trump kudos for at least showing up.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Obama shamed into action by Trump!

Obama Announces Plans to Visit Louisiana After Donald Trump Leads the Way
www.breitbart.com...

A day late and a dollar short, as usual.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

It's not a bad thing. Why didn't he send the goods and keep his face home? That would have been altruistic. Why did he have to go? To show up Obama that's why.
Otherwise he would have just sent a truckload of goods and kept low to avoid publicity.
There's a funny thought...Trump avoiding publicity.
LOL.

Well if he did do it to "show up" Obama it wasn't hard to do considering he's golfing... lol

Publicity??? Really, surely you jest. Jay Z and Beyonce at the white house? Pot calling the kettle...
edit on 19-8-2016 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

That's funny. Here's your guy:

Trump: 'I always felt that I was in the military'

According to an upcoming biography and interview excerpts shared with The New York Times, Trump said that his five years at the New York Military Academy provided him with "more training militarily than a lot of the guys that go into the military."

“My number was so incredible and it was a very high draft number. Anyway so I never had to do that, but I felt that I was in the military in the true sense because I dealt with those people,” Trump told the author in another excerpt.

I'm sure there's probably some story of his somewhere about a time when he was stuck in an elevator and it was just like John McCain being a POW from '67-'73. Of course I'm sure he would have promptly got out of that elevator, because you know, he's a winner.

Hillary tried to get the USMC to make her an honorary Marine in the early 90's. They told her straight up no. They don't do that stuff. No such thing as a fake Marine. This was in the Marine Corps Times. I remember it well because I was in the USMC when it happened. She tried to cheapen the title of Marine for her own personal gain.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Bill also axed the GI Bill in 1995 to balance the budget. The GI Bill is not a handout. Soldiers put money into it. Back then it was $1200. Now imagine getting an honorable discharge and then trying to use something you earned the hard way.
This was for a whole year Veterans could not use the GI Bill. You can look this up, it's all out there.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: LifeMode

Yeah I've never heard this before. Do you have a source? I'm not saying that you don't remember hearing such a thing when you were in the USMC, I'm just wondering if maybe it wasn't just a rumor rather than an actual thing.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=21149316]LifeMode[/post

Obama is not there for one simple reason : He's not running for re election. He doesn't have to look like he gives a sh**.

The rest of you who are bitching about it being nothing but a photo op...In the South, we appreciate it when someone shows up. Even if they're only there for 5 minutes..They Showed Up.
Where's your Queen and her court? Resting up, because she knows she probably won't win LA anyway, so why care about a bunch of coon asses, right?
edit on 19-8-2016 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: LifeMode

The Governor is a Democrat. What do you want him to say? Obama let us down.

Just because he is a Democrat? The average person can see why this would be a strain on resources and security, I imagine a Governor would.

There are a whole bunch of cops guarding Trump so he can get his picture taken handing out a basket with some socks and stuff?

Doesn't matter if he was passing out socks or washing powder. He could have been passing out rocks for all I care. It's the fact that he actually showed up. He wasn't out of sight - out of mind. In the most dramatic of situations, it helps to have a physical presence. Someone you can see and talk to.

Haven't you ever watched Braveheart? It's that visual image. Whether the guy honestly cared or not, it was the fact that HE came when no one else did.

Ever had a broken heart? Ever had to deal with serious life issues? Did it help to have someone there to just be a presence? Even though that person had no answers or advise, they were there and THAT's what counted.

Say what you want, but I think it was a real standup thing to do, no matter what his true intent. He didn't need to take a photo op with the governor. He had one with the people. He gave, he saw and he comforted. Hillary tweeted. Obama golfed. Lets put those actions on scales and see how they weigh out, shall we?

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

President Obama will head to Louisiana on Tuesday, August 23 This morning, President Obama received an update from DHS Secretary Jeh Johnson on the ongoing response and recovery efforts to the severe flooding in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, following the Secretary's trip to the region on Thursday. During his visit, Secretary Johnson met with state and local officials, viewed the ongoing response and recovery efforts, and visited local shelters where those impacted by the flooding are receiving food and disaster-caused needs. While in Martha's Vineyard, the President has received updates on the situation in Louisiana, including from the DHS Secretary and the FEMA Administrator, who took separate trips there. The President today directed his team to coordinate with Louisiana officials to determine an appropriate time for him to visit, and together they have determined that the President will visit Baton Rouge, Louisiana on Tuesday, August 23rd. Additional details will be announced in the coming days. The President is mindful of the impact that his travel has on first responders and wants to ensure that his presence does not interfere with ongoing recovery efforts. He is also eager to get a first-hand look at the impact of the devastating floods, hear from more officials about the response, including how the federal government can assist and tell the people of Louisiana that the American people will be with them as they rebuild their community and come back stronger than ever.

Of course, let's not forget that the President of the United States has more concerns ongoing than just Louisiana and in fact, is briefed on dozens of global crisis points on an ongoing basis. Even a 'vacation' is a working one and has been for eight years now.

Emperor-In-Training Trump has nothing better to do than write tweets and fire and hire 'only the best' staffers. I hear Manafort is out, lol.

If he'd stayed home, he could have spent the same amount of money on double the supplies - two tractor trailers full instead of one! You'd think a billionaire could cough up more donations than that, especially one running for Panderer In Chief.

I hear Trump Tower is real big, fantastically big, very very big. Mr. Trump should invite all the displaced people in Louisiana to come live with him. His million dollar tenants are leaving in droves because they don't want to be associated with his name anymore but I'm sure Trump supporters will love to rub elbows with The King. So will Ivanka.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: LifeMode

Yeah I've never heard this before. Do you have a source? I'm not saying that you don't remember hearing such a thing when you were in the USMC, I'm just wondering if maybe it wasn't just a rumor rather than an actual thing.

I will see if I can find it but I know 100% it happened because it was a big stink in the USMC for a few weeks and I remember seeing it in the MC Times and it was before the internet but I will do my best. She wanted to see if they would create a mock 2 week boot camp I do remember that much.

The GI BIll stuff though is online. Easy to find about him gutting it which was horrible. I don't a President could get away with that today. I remember that well because I was a victim. Had to go take out bank loans to go to school so you can see now why I want punch him in the face.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join