It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect: Real or Ridiculous?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar
Once again, these are in no way connected.

Well, I can see a connection between E-W's beliefs and what's being proposed here. I'm not, mind you, saying that E-W was describing the ME or anything like it. Just that the idea of personal switching between universes was already in MWT at its inception.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: audubon

The Many Worlds Theory either removes the ability to travel the distances or makes the distances too large to travel.

Please show me how these ideas can link without destroying the foundation of the MWT in the first place?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

My interest in the idea doesn't stretch beyond pointing out what E-W himself believed. What E-W believed about his hypothesis is a documented fact.

So I recommend you take it up with him, in whatever universe he now inhabits.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:05 AM
link   

The Many Worlds Theory either removes the ability to travel the distances or makes the distances too large to travel.

Please show me how these ideas can link without destroying the foundation of the MWT in the first place?

Could you explain the science behind that please?

I am a bit dumb when it comes to that kind of thing and if possible try to explain it in laymans terms.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: audubon
So I recommend you take it up with him, in whatever universe he now inhabits.

That very sentence implies you do not understand the point he was making.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:12 AM
link   

(With totally unwarranted patience)

If you stuck to things I had actually said, rather than the things you simply assumed I had said, this tedious conversation would have been over quicker. Anyway, it's over now and that's the main thing.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

If we have infinite universes then we cannot access our infinite selves because we cannot exist outside of our universe to travel.

If we have an infinite universe, then the distances between us and our infinite selves would be statistically impossible to travel.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:18 AM
link   

(With totally warranted sarcasm)

My humblest apologies.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:21 AM
link   

a reply to: nonspecific

If we have infinite universes then we cannot access our infinite selves because we cannot exist outside of our universe to travel.

If we have an infinite universe, then the distances between us and our infinite selves would be statistically impossible to travel.

What if we are talking about a level of consious that we do not understand though?

What if our "soul" has the ability to jump between the hypothisied realities on a level that our current scientific unerstanding can comprehend?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Yes, any post in which you claimed to be humble would plainly be untrue.

Here is a decent summation of E-W's beliefs, I am going to plonk this quote here, and leave you to continue having whatever weird argument you were having with your imaginary opponent.

Everett was a committed atheist. He once claimed he had a disproof of the Catholic faith. (He chose not to share this "disproof" with Lynch. He said he had shared it once with someone who was strongly Catholic and also strongly committed to logic, and that person was driven to suicide. Everett was afraid that Lynch would promptly use it on Catholics.) Atheist or not, Everett firmly believed that his many-worlds theory guaranteed him immortality: His consciousness, he argued, is bound at each branching to follow whatever path does not lead to death —and so on ad infinitum. (Sadly, Everett's daughter Liz, in her later suicide note, said she was going to a parallel universe to be with her father. [149a])

So yes, as I was saying, the man who invented MWT thought his consciousness would survive his death, in at least one other universe. The end.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
What if we are talking about a level of consious that we do not understand though?

What if our "soul" has the ability to jump between the hypothisied realities on a level that our current scientific unerstanding can comprehend?

Exactly, it all comes down to "what if".

When you are claiming it could come down to things we cannot understand it is nothing more than a faith position.

There's better answers than vague magic.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: audubon
So yes, as I was saying, the man who invented MWT thought his consciousness would survive his death, in at least one other universe. The end.

I understand his point.

It's just not relevant.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I know the vw logo never had a slit in it. It was mirror mirror for me.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I just introduced three people to the dilemma dilemna

They were certain it was spelled it dilemna.

I started the word on my phone and was suggested dilemma by the auto correct.

One of the other guys looked it up In the dictionary and discovered I was correct and it is Indeed spelled dilemma.
edit on 25-9-2017 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Im of the mind that we traveled via perception and memory. Our conciousness traveled to another self in another reality. This earth is in a different place and different in landmass shape slightly. I find it highly intriguing that i made it here to see how dimensions work. If in fact im correct.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: anotherside

Think of all the mental gymnastics that are needed to support you being correct.

And what advantage do we gain by moving to a dimension where we are ignorant of crucial facts like the surname of bears.
Let alone the fact that we have completely dismissed what happens to the other self that you displace.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

a reply to: anotherside

Think of all the mental gymnastics that are needed to support you being correct.

And what advantage do we gain by moving to a dimension where we are ignorant of crucial facts like the surname of bears.
Let alone the fact that we have completely dismissed what happens to the other self that you displace.

you cant just dismiss so many remembering the vw logo not being split. And residue found on tatoos..which now that i think about. Proves bodies also traveled.

I watched a video where this guy explains his view. Its intriguing when he mentions multiple personality disorder patients have moles that move when changing personalities. As if our bodies are multidimensional.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Real for my wife and I .

..and is not just pop culture.

South America isn't where it used to be - and the North Pole landmass is gone.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: anotherside
you cant just dismiss so many remembering the vw logo not being split.

I don't dismiss it at all. The good ME's work on the majority and I would probably say 95% remember Berenstein.
It's an excellent example of how our brain takes shortcuts.

The things we remember are all easier to remember.
That's the one thing that links every Mandela Effect.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj
Real for my wife and I .

..and is not just pop culture.

South America isn't where it used to be - and the North Pole landmass is gone.

So I take it in your universe the USS Nautilus never went to the North Pole in 1958, nor did the USS Skate surface there?

What was this landmass called? Artica?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join