It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rods... THE TRUTH!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2003 @ 03:24 PM
link   
it looks like a shoestring, but it's not. i took those pictures. that's how i know. there was no flash. i was outside. i have about thirty pictures with these streaks of light on them. sometimes orbs. they are real. they are a mystery. it's not dust.

jra

posted on Jul, 12 2003 @ 05:00 PM
link   
well a lot of those things in your pics look like they are illuminated by the natural environment, but it really just looks like something is hanging down infront of the lens. what kind of camera do you use? have you tried using differnt cameras?

[Edited on 12-7-2003 by jra]

posted on Jul, 12 2003 @ 05:14 PM
link   
guys, I hate to burst your bubbles.... but what showed up in those pictures is just the camera strap getting in front of the lense... someone just doesn't know how to use a camera.

jra

posted on Jul, 12 2003 @ 05:28 PM
link   
that's what i was thinking too greyhaven. just like when some people get one of there fingers over part of the lens.

posted on Jul, 12 2003 @ 11:31 PM
link   
the "rods" that were being talked about in the beginning of the string are dust. Dust is 90% composed of dead organic matter i.e. skin and hair. the "rods" are small pieces of hair that are floating in the air. Judging by the rest of the picture, the photo was taken indoors, suggesting that there would be even MORE dust. If I knew what the heck the photo was supposed to be of, I might be able to tell you more. The "variations" are simply the dust moving or spinning in the frame durring the shutter time. the curved "rods" are animal hair. My dogs have hair that has small wiggles in it almost resembeling a sine curve. Trust me, I really don't think you're looking at anything strange here. It's just dust.

posted on Jul, 12 2003 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greyhaven
guys, I hate to burst your bubbles.... but what showed up in those pictures is just the camera strap getting in front of the lense... someone just doesn't know how to use a camera.

the camera strap is black and smooth. and, as it turns out, ....i'm not a complete bozo.
this is not dust. it is not a shoe string. it is not animal hair. it is not the camera strap. it is a natural object(s). i even scanned at a fairly high resolution, so you can zoom in on these things. look at them. they are like spirals of light(and/or dark). like what an orb would look like traveling at an astronomical velocity.
for the record. they were taken with different cameras, different film, and developed at different stores. they were taken both with and without flash. they were taken indoors and outdoors.
they are SOMETHING!
i don't know what.
i will scan some more, when i have time.
they are with me.
they have been with me since 1992.

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 04:41 PM
link   
There were three sets of pictures talked about in this string. One was posted in the original message by Lysargic (which I believe to be dust), the other two were posted by you (which I can almost promise you are just the camera strap in your pictures).
www.ghostweb.com...

I'm not saying you're a bozo, I never even knew it was you who took the photos. All I'm saying is that even if the camera strap is black, I'll take a bet that it's made of nylon, a highly reflective/shiny plastic that would reflect the flash as almost white. Since the camera strap would be out of focus, the blur effect would appear. Even if you can't see the strap in your viewfinder, remember that the actual photo is seldom taken through the same set of lenses, there's usually a seperate lense (about an inch or two from the viewfinder) that is where the picture is actually taken. Your actual photo lense may be dusty or dirty at times, your finger may even go in front of it. The detail of your fingerprint at the edge of your finger would produce the same effect in a reflection of the diredtly illuminated part of your finger from the flash.

Seiously, I'l like to believe an alternate explanation, but I have seen no evidence presented here to suggest otherwise. I'd like to see a picture you took with the 'objects' in it with a unit with no strap, a freshly cleaned lense (remember that a q-tip will leave dust and so will a tissue), and make sure your fingers aren't near the lense.

The other thing I'm wondering is how the 'objects' NEVER go BEHIND ANYTHING in the images. They always appear in FRONT of EVERYTHING else in the photo. (suggesting their close proximity to the camera as opposed to the subject in the photo).

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a healthy sceptical attitude.
however. it's not the strap. trust me. i know better than to get the strap in the picture. and just for your benefit, i went and grabbed the camnera i used most recently. the strap would be quite difficult to include in the picture. you would notice.
i don't have time to post other pictures right now, but this is cleary a light effect. seems like conscious light to me.
the controllers have some of the best minds so sceptical they believe nothing that doesn't come from yale.
unhealthy scepticism.

jra

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 05:34 PM
link   
good find there greyhaven.

billy: i don't see this being so much as a light effect. still looks like something hanging infront of the lens to me sorry. if we are to assume this really is something else, then why does it appear in your photos so much and rarely in anyone elses. i do a lot of photography and i have never once had anything like this appear in my photos, nor do i know anyone who has had stuff like that happen. so i would take this as an extremely rare thing to happen, yet you manage to get many photos of them yourself. to me the math just doesn't seem to add up.

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jra
good find there greyhaven.

billy: i don't see this being so much as a light effect. still looks like something hanging infront of the lens to me sorry. if we are to assume this really is something else, then why does it appear in your photos so much and rarely in anyone elses. i do a lot of photography and i have never once had anything like this appear in my photos, nor do i know anyone who has had stuff like that happen. so i would take this as an extremely rare thing to happen, yet you manage to get many photos of them yourself. to me the math just doesn't seem to add up.

hey, man, ....they're photos. there was a time that a photo constitued "proof". our inability to come up with a reason or rationalization for these objects does not change the fact that they are in the photos. THEY'RE PHOTOGRAPHS! they don't have a "why", they just have a "what". the "why" is another topic to be discussed once the "what" is established. although, i personally don't know how to establish the "what" without some new hyper-sensory organs.

[Edited on 14-7-2003 by billybob]

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I'm not convinced rods aren't bugs. The right shutter speed and lighting will light the motion of their wings in a wave pattern. The wing's motion up and down, combined with the forward motion of the bug can produce that effect.

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 06:20 PM
link   
No Michael.... it can't. it would look like this

~~~~~~~~~ (like a sine curve), not like a series of bulbous blurs.

OOOOOOOOOO is more what this looks like to me.

[Edited on 15-7-2003 by Greyhaven]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I agree with the OP, I used to whack a cushion with a stick to make the dust fly, then photo it, and you know what I got? I pic full of orbs.

However, I have also seen orbs with my bear eyes (quite remarkable ones at that) so these light reflections on camera lenses are in fact separate from the real deal.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Hell you want some more proof

Hell no! I don't recall anyone asking for any either!

If you want to talk about this crap, you are in the wrong forum. Go look in the mythical beasts and cryto section for more

Go try Jose Escamilla "official" thread on the Roswell Rods. Right before he was banned for acting like a loser.

You guys (mods) usually get it right most of the time, no worries here!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Mods should move this as well as they did with Jose's other Rod threads, If you don't then you need to learn how to moderate each other.

[edit on 24-5-2008 by gauncents]

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by gauncents

Hell you want some more proof

Hell no! I don't recall anyone asking for any either!

If you want to talk about this crap, you are in the wrong forum. Go look in the mythical beasts and cryto section for more

Go try Jose Escamilla "official" thread on the Roswell Rods. Right before he was banned for acting like a loser.

You guys (mods) usually get it right most of the time, no worries here!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Mods should move this as well as they did with Jose's other Rod threads, If you don't then you need to learn how to moderate each other.

um... //throat clear// you're responding to someone saying this five years ago.

so i think you can relax
.. it's all over now.

-

[edit on 24-5-2008 by prevenge]

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
That's what I get when I "contribute" to a post after drinking 400 beers

maybe 500.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by gauncents

HAHAHA, we've all (well I have) been there...coming home from a night out, had a few too many, and thought our posts on here were the best things EVER, then to read them the next day and think, what the ...?

;-)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join