It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Suggest Aliens Are Harnessing Energy From This Star

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
OK, so now Scientists don't know what's going on there so the say: ET is doing it!
just like dark matter and dark energy, they don't know so they make it up...

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAIKI

I know you say this in jest, but it is not as far fetched as many may think.

All that is needed is material, transportation, and willingness. We already know how to build "solar cell" and capture energy from the sun. If enough material were available, and the transportation to put it into place, such a project could be done. It would take a very long term commitment from all of mankind; but it could be done.
With containing only 20% of the suns energy output, there would way more than enough to supply us for thousands of years.

It seems I remember someone proposing a "belt" of solar collectors around earth's equator to do the same thing. This would also require far less in material and transportation but would supply much more energy than is currently available from any other source.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16
OK, so now Scientists don't know what's going on there so the say: ET is doing it!
just like dark matter and dark energy, they don't know so they make it up...

No, you don't know so you continuously deny. Math has been more advanced than you could understand (judging from your post and tone) for millennia. The egyptians where doing math that you wouldnt be able to follow. It has progressed since then. The science behind this observation and theorizing on dark matter is millenia of mathematics.
edit on 17-8-2016 by FightingBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: klassless

With regards to the term "flying saucer" being and error... well, maybe. One of our members created a thread proposing that the IDEA of "flying saucers" was established well before Kenneth Arnold's Sighting (just south of me near Mr. Ranier- I used to live in Eatonville, WA were I had my first "UFO" sightings but that's for another thread).

You can find the thread here: The IDEA of FLYING SAUCERS pre-1940s

As for the DYSON-SPHERE hypothesis, I suppose it might be possible. My personal opinion (worth about as much as a dust-bunny) is that Humans believe we are much more intelligent than we actually are. Sure, we've figured out a lot of stuff, but how many times do we discover that what we thought to be true was hogwash? We break stuff open only to find more stuff inside. Answers lead to questions which lead to more questions and mystery surrounds our very existence.

I like the idea of an alien mega-structure, and if my Honda Civic could handle the journey I'd take a road-trip to visit such a place. A picnic on an alien mega-structure would just about complete my bucket-list.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: FightingBuddha
Scientists came up with dark matter because the universe does not work with our known math, it does not mean that they found dark matter, and yes my math is low last thing I studied was LaPlace Transforms.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: seattlerat

With regards to the term "flying saucer" being and error... well, maybe. One of our members created a thread proposing that the IDEA of "flying saucers" was established well before Kenneth Arnold's Sighting (just south of me near Mr. Ranier- I used to live in Eatonville, WA were I had my first "UFO" sightings but that's for another thread).

You can find the thread here: The IDEA of FLYING SAUCERS pre-1940s

As for the DYSON-SPHERE hypothesis, I suppose it might be possible. My personal opinion (worth about as much as a dust-bunny) is that Humans believe we are much more intelligent than we actually are. Sure, we've figured out a lot of stuff, but how many times do we discover that what we thought to be true was hogwash? We break stuff open only to find more stuff inside. Answers lead to questions which lead to more questions and mystery surrounds our very existence.

I like the idea of an alien mega-structure, and if my Honda Civic could handle the journey I'd take a road-trip to visit such a place. A picnic on an alien mega-structure would just about complete my bucket-list.

According to Wikipedia:

"The term was coined in 1930[1] ... Associated Press (June 19, 1930). "Whicitan(sic) Among those Who Saw Meteor". Wichita Daily Times. p. 28. ... While disc-shaped flying objects have been interpreted as being sporadically recorded since the Middle Ages, the first recorded use of the term "flying saucer" for an unidentified flying object was to describe a probable meteor that fell over Texas and Oklahoma on June 17, 1930. "Some who saw the weird light described it as a huge comet, a flaming flying saucer, a great red glow, a ball of fire."[1] ,,, The highly publicized sighting by Kenneth Arnold on June 24, 1947, resulted in the popularity of the term "flying saucer" by U.S. newspapers. Although Arnold never specifically used the term "flying saucer","

And what we are discussing is that the reporter named wrongly what Arnold saw. It became the de facto description prior to sightings of saucer-shaped aerial objects. I wonder what a "flying saucer" would have really looked like if the reporter had written it properly, "flying rock"!

"As for the DYSON-SPHERE hypothesis," it is my opinion that that kind of information is useless and a waste of time. Surely, scientists should concentrate on using their education to improve our lives on planet earth. Although the following badly constructed slogan belongs to the United Negro College Fund: "A mind is a terrible thing to waste", it is perfect for these so-called scientists. Education doesn't always result in intelligence. And that slogan should read: "It is terrible to waste a mind".

edit on 07/03/2016 by klassless because: To correct grammar.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Heads up!!! Anyone who has the Science Channel, next Tuesday evenings' kickoff of the new season, one segment of the show Nasa's Unexplained Files, will focus on this subject.....

edit on 24pm31pm5091 by data5091 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: data5091
Heads up!!! Anyone who has the Science Channel, next Tuesday evenings' kickoff of the new season, one segment of the show Nasa's Unexplained Files, will focus on this subject.....

I just checked the Time Warner cable guide and it says that the new program is titled:

New. Season Premiere, "Pluto's Stranger Things" Evidence of alien technology around a distant star; ...

It will probably sound unbelievable as no one knows what alien technology is to compare it with anything we know. But I will watch it and, hopefully, learn something new. But I'm not holding my breath.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAIKI
I think humans should do the same.

Build a Dyson Sphere around Old Sol,
Harvest all the NRG mankind would ever need for a million years

And shield enough of the sun's energy coming at the Earth to counteract Global Warming.

Kill two gigantic birds with one stone.

ok whew....
we are going to need a few trips to Home Depot
to get this started

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 05:18 AM
link   

you are correct. The Pluto segment is about something that appears to be moving on the planet, one segment of the show.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I think this was one of the best episodes I have seen on "Nasa's Unexplained Files." The first segment was on the possible alien megastructsure and what it could be. Quite a few of the scientists on this episode said what they are seeing does not behave like a planet would or should in so far as its dimming behavior. Another thought whatever it is it's possible it is artificial and yet another said what they are seeing has " all the hallmarks of a dyson spere. " Will keep following this story for sure.

source link
edit on 31am31am5091 by data5091 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join