It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NPR Battleground Map: Hillary Clinton Solidifies Lead Against Donald Trump

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
NPR Battleground Map: Hillary Clinton Solidifies Lead Against Donald Trump

Trump is doing badly. VERY badly. Here is a battleground state breakdown of how the race looks right now.

Now you only need 270 electoral votes to be the President. If you look at the multi-colored bar at the top of the image, you'll see that the number of blue votes (for Clinton) total 273. This basically means that battleground states don't even matter anymore. Trump could take all 6 of those battleground states and he still couldn't win the Presidency.

If the election were held today, according to the latest NPR analysis of polling, demographics and on-the-ground reporting, Clinton would win in a landslide of 2008 proportions. She has solidified her leads in key battleground states and crosses the threshold of 270 electoral votes needed to win the White House in the NPR Battleground Map with just states where she already has a significant lead.

In other words, she could lose all of the toss-up states — Ohio, Florida, North Carolina, Iowa, Nevada and Georgia, yes, Georgia now — and still win, as you can see in the map above, 273-174.
Donald Trump campaigning in Colorado on Friday. On Monday, Trump continued to tweet about the family of a fallen soldier, despite pleas from John McCain and others for him to stop.

Trump has battled a litany of bad headlines, including feuding with a family whose Army captain son was killed in Iraq, declined to support (before endorsing) key Republicans like House Speaker Paul Ryan, joked that "Second Amendment people" could do something about Clinton, and charged that President Obama (and Clinton) "founded" ISIS. He even said he wanted a crying baby taken out of a rally — after a minute earlier saying he liked it. (He later said he would "sponsor" it. ("And the baby will sing someday in Philharmonic Hall," he said.)

It has meant that key voting groups have moved more toward Hillary Clinton. NPR's Asma Khalid, for example, reported on how white, college-educated voters are converting to Clinton. That's a demographic found in important places, like the suburbs of Philadelphia, Denver and Northern Virginia.

I know many are going to counter how we still have 3 months to go and that polls are inaccurate, but if Trump is going to turn this slump around when is it going to start? There are now states that were reliably red that are starting to morph into battleground states. That isn't something Trump should be worrying about. He needs to win those battleground states AND flip a blue state. That's a pretty tall order.
edit on 16-8-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Hillary has her goons rigging the election!

And - uh, emails!

And pantsuits! And Hitler! And her health!

... I think I did that right.

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
is this the same npr that was a mouthpiece for Hillary on pbs during the republican and democratic conventions?

if so they are no more beleivable than propaganda on the level of north korea, as believable as bagdad bob.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
This data is from rigged polls? haha!

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: citizen6511
Keep sticking your head in the sand, though I could care less if you believe it or not. The longer you stick your head in the sand and refuse to recognize the problems tearing your candidate's campaign down the longer it will take you to fix them. So keep at it. I like the willful ignorance from Trump supporters here.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Ah yes, the tax payer funded mouthpiece of the left. What they're doing right now is trying to dilute the Trump vote by discouraging his supporters. The best thing we can all do is just ignore the propaganda. It's going to get increasingly intense as we get closer to the election.

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: citizen6511
Keep sticking your head in the sand, though I could care less if you believe it or not. The longer you stick your head in the sand and refuse to recognize the problems tearing your candidate's campaign down the longer it will take you to fix them. So keep at it. I like the willful ignorance from Trump supporters here.

Right, because your concern is Trump's campaign success. Geeeez, you guys think you're so much smarter than everyone else, but you're REALLY not.
edit on 16-8-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
This data is from rigged polls? haha!

Out of interest, assuming you weren't being sarcastic, if they showed Trump out in front would you still call them rigged?

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I listen to NPR radio in my car to and from work. It has been nothing but "Hillary Good" "Trump Bad" since they both got the nominations from their parties. Very, very biased- and this coming from me- a person who actually made a donation to NPR last year and who is a regular listener. It is so bad that I seriously doubt I will be making any more contributions to them in the future. Seriously, I am embarrassed for them and their total lack of journalistic integrity.

Sal

a reply to: Krazysh0t

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
Right, because your concern is Trump's campaign success. Geeeez, you guys think you're so much smarter than everyone else, but you're REALLY not.

Whatever you say. I'm not the one baselessly dismissing data and sources just because he doesn't like what they are saying. How does that sand taste?

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
The only good polls out there are the ones that show trump in front, even breitbart polled hillary with a lead and it was still not good enough for trump and co.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: SallieSunshine

Well Trump is always stepping in it so there is a lot to be talked about. Even when there are things to talk about with Hillary, Trump opens his mouth with something stupid and all the news organizations turn their attention his way. You can blame NPR if you want, but you are ignoring the reality that Trump's media presence is his own making. He asked for it in the primaries and now that he has it he whines that the media is mean to him.
edit on 16-8-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

It's been bad for a long time. I used to love watching Krauthammer call out his colleagues.

What's worse is they get tax payer dollars. That's not right. They are clearly pushing a political agenda and we shouldn't have to pay for that.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Well Trump is always stepping in it

No, he says things liberals and left wingers don't like and since the press is leftist and liberals, they make huge deals about everything, while doing exactly the opposite in regards to Democrats and Hillary. You are cool with this because you too are a left winger and agree with the media and it's agenda.

That's one of the reasons I keep saying left wingers are dangerous. You guys are rationalizing increasingly more extreme positions. Is there a limit to what you'll rationalize?

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
So do you suppose we will ever see a debate?
Is she healthy enough to get through a debate?

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

It's Trump sand, he's got the best sand folks, tremendous sand... all the sand experts agree.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

Well Trump is always stepping in it

No, he says things liberals and left wingers don't like and since the press is leftist and liberals, they make huge deals about everything, while doing exactly the opposite in regards to Democrats and Hillary. You are cool with this because you too are a left winger and agree with the media and it's agenda.

That's one of the reasons I keep saying left wingers are dangerous. You guys are rationalizing increasingly more extreme positions. Is there a limit to what you'll rationalize?

Of course. It's a "left wing conspiracy" against Trump and the Right.

Or not. Anything that does not align with the extreme Right Wing's views and agenda is considered Leftist. Hell, look at how many on the Extreme Right are calling the Republican party not "Right" enough? Even the libertarians and real conservatives are Leftist to many on the Right.

This is a matter of you and many others going too far to the right that anything and everything else looks Leftist.

Come back more towards the center and you may find that there is no conspiracy.
edit on 16-8-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

More like he says things sane people don't like.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

It's no surprise Trump has been "doing badly", he's probably doing really great for the purpose that he is running for (to be controlled opposition).

What do we expect after KKK leaders, Kim Jung Un and whatever other "enemies" have endorsed him? The outlandish things he says and does, his pompous attitude, it's all part of the script.

Meanwhile, Hillary gets off scot-free and likely gets handed the election

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

right now yes I would, I wouldn't trust any poll till election night even then I would take it with a huge grain of salt depending on who is doing it.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

It's Trump sand, he's got the best sand folks, tremendous sand... all the sand experts agree.

The sand is made in China apparently, Trump gets a 1000% markup.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join