It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NPR Battleground Map: Hillary Clinton Solidifies Lead Against Donald Trump

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
The news media keeps dredging up stuff that happened last week & the week before to flesh out articles about all the "gaffes" Trump made this week. To the media they are "gaffes" but to those of us who are sick of the insanity and double-talk of the "politically correct" movement, Trump is just telling it like it is without the filter of political correctness.

Sal

a reply to: TheBulk

No, he says things liberals and left wingers don't like and since the press is leftist and liberals, they make huge deals about everything, while doing exactly the opposite in regards to Democrats and Hillary. You are cool with this because you too are a left winger and agree with the media and it's agenda.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

More like he says things sane people don't like.

You could say the same of Hillary, but her quotes dont get outrage from the press because they agree with the crazy comments. It's all about presenting a narrative.

Tell me, why was one or two punches thrown at Trump rallies way bigger news than mobs of Hillary/Bernie supporters beating up Trump supporters for weeks? The Mayor of San Jose even supported the violence! This wasn't big news or cause for outrage from the media!
edit on 16-8-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

He's not controlled opposition, he's a narcissist that believed that Conservatives were pruned enough to all be bigoted low information voters that spoke his language. He was wrong.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: SallieSunshine

Well Trump is always stepping in it

No, he says things liberals and left wingers don't like and since the press is leftist and liberals, they make huge deals about everything, while doing exactly the opposite in regards to Democrats and Hillary. You are cool with this because you too are a left winger and agree with the media and it's agenda.

Well sorry that liberals and left wingers care about the truth and reality instead of letting someone say whatever the hell he wants without backing up any of his claims.

That's one of the reasons I keep saying left wingers are dangerous. You guys are rationalizing increasingly more extreme positions. Is there a limit to what you'll rationalize?

Says the guy blatantly rationalizing away from having to admit that his candidate's campaign is in the toliet.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Every time trump says something silly, his own words, from his own free will, the media gets blamed.

Where at the point that trump fans wonder if Hillary wears diapers, and there serious about it being an issue.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Presidential polls mean nothing before Labor Day, and in this case we'll get an even better picture after the first debate Sept 26. Just remember Dukakis was up by eight points nationally in August of '88.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Quit deflecting with Hillary, you sound like a 5 year old. I despise the woman and am not voting for her. Get a better argument. She may be all kinds of awful but she's smart and poised and doesn't run around spouting off things that are abhorrent to most Americans... whether it's honest or not is irrelevant.

The problem is Trump and Trump alone. You are in a severe minority. Trump is intolerable and disgusting to most Americans... that is the bitter pill you need to swallow. It has nothing to do with everyone being too PC or a media that is too liberal (lmfao) it has everything to do with Trump being a misogynist bigoted asshole and not one thing else.

This is America telling YOU and the rest of the alt-right that we don't want a wall and that we love women, black people, gay people, trans people, Muslims and immigrants.
edit on 8/16/2016 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

You got a source for that claim?

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

You got a source for that claim?

Sorry, I misstated the number. He was up by 17 pts, not 8.

FYI: Gallup Had Dukakis Up by 17 at This Point in 1988

But anyone thinking Hillary Clinton will cruise to a crushing win might want to look back eight more years, to 1988. About this time 28 years ago, Massachusetts Gov. Mike Dukakis had what appeared to be an insurmountable lead over then-Vice President George H. W. Bush. He came out of his Democratic National Convention at the end of July with a 17-point lead.

pjmedia.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

First off, here's the source that article is referencing:
Dukakis Lead Widens, According to New Poll

Second off, that article is dated July and is directly referencing Dukakis' post convention bounce. You stated he was this far ahead in August. Well that's incorrect because at this point in an election convention bounces have already faded (which is the case for Hillary's post convention bounce).

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Second off, that article is dated July and is directly referencing Dukakis' post convention bounce. You stated he was this far ahead in August. Well that's incorrect because at this point in an election convention bounces have already faded (which is the case for Hillary's post convention bounce).

Article dated July? I see August 10.

BY STEPHEN KRUISER AUGUST 10, 2016

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
What a shame when a taxpayer funded, supposedly non-partisan organization is willing to fudge numbers to make one candidate look better than the other. If you listen to NPR all you ever hear are the voices of the left, minorities and the LGBT crowd. Conservatives are never given a voice and anything remotely Christian is avoided like the plague.

Flip the numbers and you will have a more realistic appraisal of who is the likely winner of the 2016 Presidential election.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Not sure I agree with the map. Heard today on a conservative radio program of all places that Trump is winning Texas right now by only 6 points, and his lead there continues to decline. Hillary may very well even get Texas.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: SallieSunshine
I listen to NPR radio in my car to and from work. It has been nothing but "Hillary Good" "Trump Bad" since they both got the nominations from their parties. Very, very biased- and this coming from me- a person who actually made a donation to NPR last year and who is a regular listener. It is so bad that I seriously doubt I will be making any more contributions to them in the future. Seriously, I am embarrassed for them and their total lack of journalistic integrity.

Strange, I listen to a lot of NPR too and the impression I've gotten from them is "Hillary Bad" "Trump Bad"

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Can you please link where it shows NPR, or any other media outlet is "fudging" the polling numbers?

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

I wonder if that will help shatter any delusions... finally. Probably not.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
What a shame when a taxpayer funded, supposedly non-partisan organization is willing to fudge numbers to make one candidate look better than the other. If you listen to NPR all you ever hear are the voices of the left, minorities and the LGBT crowd. Conservatives are never given a voice and anything remotely Christian is avoided like the plague.

Flip the numbers and you will have a more realistic appraisal of who is the likely winner of the 2016 Presidential election.

Christian voices???....on AM radio in the central valley of California, the stations (from one end of the dial to the other) are filled with Christian, sports, latino, and rightwing programming...only on FM, can you receive one NPR station clearly, and another with bad static, all the rest is music

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Article dated July? I see August 10.

BY STEPHEN KRUISER AUGUST 10, 2016

Try reading the original source that I posted. Dukakis wasn't running in August of 2016.
edit on 16-8-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Not sure I agree with the map. Heard today on a conservative radio program of all places that Trump is winning Texas right now by only 6 points, and his lead there continues to decline. Hillary may very well even get Texas.

Well it's just NPR's data. It's not like the data is consistent across every poll undertaken, but the general idea of what is going on should be the same. I've also heard that Texas has a possibility of becoming a battleground state, but I'll believe that when I see it.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

That got me too lol

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join